ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#61 » by nykfan42 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:09 pm

GONYK wrote:
SpikJagger wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Like what? I’m not very active in following people on social media.

Like..

"looking for friends in Madrid :wink: "

Make the Knicks great again!
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,371

Post#62 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 pm

GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
GONYK wrote:
What would be your advice to all the people excited about Bamba then?

has he had a major injury in the past ? i don't know his history like that.

No, but KP didn't either at one point in time. Bamba is basically the same body type/game.

Would you not draft a player like him?

bamba is 6'11. i'm pretty sure there's some scientific data that illustrates that the human body is only supposed to be so big and there's more risks the taller you get.

and i didn't say i wouldn't draft kp. i also just said i wanna keep him. but i think there's more of a risk than the average player.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,371

Post#63 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Capn'O wrote:Do people that hear "Yanny" hear it sort of high pitched and nasally?

I swear I heard both at first - one higher and one low pitched - but now I only hear Laurel.

did you listen to the slowed down version because i only heard yanny on those and never heard it on the regular one.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,544

Post#64 » by Capn'O » Wed May 16, 2018 9:25 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Do people that hear "Yanny" hear it sort of high pitched and nasally?

I swear I heard both at first - one higher and one low pitched - but now I only hear Laurel.

did you listen to the slowed down version because i only heard yanny on those and never heard it on the regular one.

The regular one. I heard both at once and then Yanny faded out and I haven't heard it since.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#65 » by reub » Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 pm

nykfan42 wrote:What's with the title to the article by the NY Post? Who cares that he is rehabbing in Spain instead of Latvia, nothing weird about that to me.

Anyway, it's nice to hear that he is bulking up. Hopefully not too much where he loses his agility.

We'll all care if he signs with Real Madrid in 2 years.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#66 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 16, 2018 9:51 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I wonder how people will feel about this when he blows out his knee again?

Yep. And I wonder how they’ll feel about his Quacky Connecticut trainer. I say let him play 20 games next year, then trade him in the off-season. I smell a diva. Queen KP

KP took the self promoting media star trainer because he relates to that. As another poster with expertise on training has stated, it looks like he's going to blow out his knee again based on what he's doing. Not sure if the new trainer is responsible, it's his euro guys, or it's the euro guys but Instagram superstar trainer hasn't corrected it. In any event, based on that, I'd rather we dealt KP now. Which is unfortunate. I like the guy a lot but I've always had an inkling his career would wind up as one big "what if" and that has sort of sealed it for me. Knicks should cash in while they can.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#67 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:59 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
if we're all being honest, there's a part of us that knows that's a distinct possibility no matter who he rehabs with. he's not the normal nba player physically.

It's probably why they should trade him while they can

i would like to keep him but it might not be the right thing to do. you could be right.

The deal to take would have been last years rumored deal with Boston...Phil was crazy and Dolan would have never allowed it. But that deal would have been sweet. We would have been looking at a core of

Lonzo
Jaylen Brown
Wendell Carter with the BKN pick
Mikal Bridges with our own.

Or we probably could have used both picks This year to move up.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#68 » by Billy Goat » Wed May 16, 2018 11:55 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I wonder how people will feel about this when he blows out his knee again?

Yep. And I wonder how they’ll feel about his Quacky Connecticut trainer. I say let him play 20 games next year, then trade him in the off-season. I smell a diva. Queen KP

He's just immature and the Knicks are the worst possible organization to mature him because there's no accountability ever.
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#69 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:59 pm

K P 6 wrote:Son said you wouldn’t be able to recognize Kp with his shirt off by September. Damnnnnnn

Stay away from the PEDs KP, Look what happened to the top Golfer...cut his career short
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,129

Post#70 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 am

Billy Goat wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

He's just immature and the Knicks are the worst possible organization to mature him because there's no accountability ever.

How should we “mature” him?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#71 » by vallen » Thu May 17, 2018 12:14 am

did an actual DR say "Beastly"
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,412

Re: RE: Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#72 » by JXL » Thu May 17, 2018 12:16 am

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

The regular one. I heard both at once and then Yanny faded out and I haven't heard it since.
Yeah, you hear the Yanny sound by higher pitch, then your ears cancels out the whispering, them you hear Laurel. I would say both, but its really Laurel.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#73 » by knickstape4ever » Thu May 17, 2018 12:26 am

Fat Kat wrote:

if they can send him to Phoenix for the #1 or maybe Josh Jackson, #16, #31 than I'd do it now
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#74 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:28 am

tuna108 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Son said you wouldn’t be able to recognize Kp with his shirt off by September. Damnnnnnn

Stay away from the PEDs KP, Look what happened to the top Golfer...cut his career short

Worked out for Lebron
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#75 » by Billy Goat » Thu May 17, 2018 12:29 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Having him actually rehab in with the organization that pays him would be a start. Fining him for missing exit meetings etc. An unproven player making his own rules is ridiculous. The Knicks have leverage with Porzingis.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#76 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 17, 2018 12:35 am

vallen wrote:did an actual DR say "Beastly"

Yep. Another fun fact about him.

Colker was in an ephedra scandal that followed the death of Orioles pitcher Steve Bechler in 2003. As a physician practicing internal medicine, Colker advocated the use of ephedra – a weight-loss and energy-boosting supplement – while claiming it was safe and effective. He was named as a defendant in three separate lawsuits, accused of falsifying data about the dangerous side effects of the supplement.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#77 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 17, 2018 12:39 am

Billy Goat wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

Having him actually rehab in with the organization that pays him would be a start. Fining him for missing exit meetings etc. An unproven player making his own rules is ridiculous. The Knicks have leverage with Porzingis.

Agreed. Unfortunately, he flexed on the organization and Dolan folded. It puts the coach and everyone else in a bad position.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#78 » by vallen » Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 am

Fat Kat wrote:
vallen wrote:did an actual DR say "Beastly"

Yep. Another fun fact about him.

Colker was in an ephedra scandal that followed the death of Orioles pitcher Steve Bechler in 2003. As a physician practicing internal medicine, Colker advocated the use of ephedra – a weight-loss and energy-boosting supplement – while claiming it was safe and effective. He was named as a defendant in three separate lawsuits, accused of falsifying data about the dangerous side effects of the supplement.

great. thats comforting. KP should be getting the best of supplements then. i wonder if he has to take drug tests while out on injury. Beastly it is.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#79 » by digitaldropoff » Thu May 17, 2018 12:49 am

Bulking a stretched guy after a major knee injury.....that's....smart?

I know he's naturally going to get a little bigger, and because his knee is hurt, he can't work the lower body enough to add a ton of power....but the idea of him looking unrecognizable with his shirt off....with his natural build, his conditioning....I really don't like hearing that as a fan.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#80 » by digitaldropoff » Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

if they can send him to Phoenix for the #1 or maybe Josh Jackson, #16, #31 than I'd do it now

Every team chooses potential over what they've seen, almost all the time. Ayton sitting right there.....they're not taking KP's potential after injury vs a brand new horse. If KP were healthy and played at the end of last season, then I could see the Sun's being interested...but that knee put his trade value on ice until he shows he's back to form.

Return to New York Knicks