ImageImageImageImageImage

The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread (Welcome Dzanan Musa, Radions Kurucs & Theo Pinson!)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#441 » by TheNetsFan » Wed May 16, 2018 4:28 am

Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round? Anybody worth trading up to the teens for?

Polinsky let it slip that he/we believe there's 2 foreign lottery caliber players in the draft. Obviously Doncic is the first. Musa is most likely the 2nd. He's currently mocked in the late teens, so with some movement, he could be attainable.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#442 » by Paradise » Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,828

Post#443 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 16, 2018 2:10 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:and the final cost of Billy King's stupidity has been paid. So by my count, the Nets gave up a 17, 16, 3, 1, and 8 for one season of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.

oh, and a 6 for 1 season of Gerald Wallace.

They did get Thad and then LeVert out of it as well.

Alls well that ends well :lol:

I'd rather have Jason Tatum slotted next to RHJ and Allen up front :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#444 » by TheNetsFan » Wed May 16, 2018 2:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:and the final cost of Billy King's stupidity has been paid. So by my count, the Nets gave up a 17, 16, 3, 1, and 8 for one season of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.

oh, and a 6 for 1 season of Gerald Wallace.

They did get Thad and then LeVert out of it as well.

Alls well that ends well :lol:

I'd rather have Jason Tatum slotted next to RHJ and Allen up front :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Everybody would (except perhaps Colangelo).
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#445 » by DeRoma » Wed May 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round? Anybody worth trading up to the teens for?

Sadly after the top 12 the talent drop off is huge. All-star potential for these kids becomes highly unlikely. So the goal should be to get in the top 12. The only 2 players that can really shake up the top 10 order really is Kevin Knox and SGA in pre draft combine. Everyone looks to be more of a role of a role player. There are couple players that I think has a descent boom/bust potential like Afernee Simons and Robert Williams. I just don't think they are worth giving up our players over.
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#446 » by DeRoma » Wed May 16, 2018 3:43 pm

This guy will be good. Forget about Mo Wagner....
Paradise

Post#447 » by Paradise » Wed May 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Collin Sexton, Kevin Knox, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Robert Williams, Zhaire Smith, Anfernee Simons.

In that order.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#448 » by TheNetsFan » Wed May 16, 2018 5:03 pm

DeRoma wrote:

This guy will be good. Forget about Mo Wagner....

He will be good, but he'll gone long before #29.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,237

Post#449 » by Papi_swav » Wed May 16, 2018 10:11 pm

DeRoma wrote:

Sadly after the top 12 the talent drop off is huge. All-star potential for these kids becomes highly unlikely. So the goal should be to get in the top 12. The only 2 players that can really shake up the top 10 order really is Kevin Knox and SGA in pre draft combine. Everyone looks to be more of a role of a role player. There are couple players that I think has a descent boom/bust potential like Afernee Simons and Robert Williams. I just don't think they are worth giving up our players over.

Dang we're screwed, let's just hope Marks pulls another one out his ***

Paradise wrote:

Collin Sexton, Kevin Knox, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Robert Williams, Zhaire Smith, Anfernee Simons.

In that order.

In that order *snaps fingers back and forth* lol
Sexton looks like an NBA player, the rest IDK much of. What do u think of Lonnie Walker.?
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#450 » by DeRoma » Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

Dang we're screwed, let's just hope Marks pulls another one out his ***

Paradise wrote:

In that order.

In that order *snaps fingers back and forth* lol
Sexton looks like an NBA player, the rest IDK much of. What do u think of Lonnie Walker.?

But the conept of the trade is key. Instead of worrying about the inevitable doom of salary restrictions we clear it so in the Next couple of seasons of improving we have mobility. While getting the team enough talent to manuever ways to get assets back. For me, using Prok's system, rather than Parker I'd give the money Julius Randle. We can also use the MLE to a player like Mario Hezonja. That's the only thing i'd change. Why? Randle has a great upside but won't impact the W/L column that much without talent around him. We can take the L for the 2019 draft and get a pretty got lottery pick after that.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#451 » by Ror1997 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#452 » by DeRoma » Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Paradise wrote:

In that order.

I’d stay away from Sexton he looks like he has all the physical tools. I just don’t think he’ll ever be a floor general. Teams will give a chance but I see Eric Bledsoe all over his game. I’d rather go after zhaire Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Paradise

Post#453 » by Paradise » Thu May 17, 2018 12:42 am

Ror1997 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Interesting.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#454 » by Ror1997 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:02 am

Paradise wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Interesting.

I could definitely see the Nets asking a prospect to do that because if you're at #29, you cant have guys you're targeting improving their draft stock.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#455 » by FlipFlopShot » Thu May 17, 2018 1:15 am

Ror1997 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Interesting.

I could definitely see the Nets asking a prospect to do that because if you're at #29, you cant have guys you're targeting improving their draft stock.

With that reasoning, its more likely that it is the other way around. Teams before the 24th pick.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#456 » by TheNetsFan » Thu May 17, 2018 1:21 am

Ror1997 wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Interesting.

That's a Billy King move. If last year has taught us anything, you have to keep options open in case somebody slides.
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#457 » by DeRoma » Thu May 17, 2018 1:45 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Interesting.

That's a Billy King move. If last year has taught us anything, you have to keep options open in case somebody slides.

Funny you say that because the Nets locked in they will draft him in the second round a month before it happened. I knew this because I’m around Whitehead’s social circle and my boy is boys with him and played a couple pick up games with him. LeVert was also one of the first workout for the nets coming into that season.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#458 » by shakendfries » Thu May 17, 2018 5:07 am

DeRoma wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

Funny you say that because the Nets locked in they will draft him in the second round a month before it happened. I knew this because I’m around Whitehead’s social circle and my boy is boys with him and played a couple pick up games with him. LeVert was also one of the first workout for the nets coming into that season.

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#459 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu May 17, 2018 2:51 pm

FlipFlopShot wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Interesting.

With that reasoning, its more likely that it is the other way around. Teams before the 24th pick.

Mainly agree. Although if a guy has a promise at 29, maybe he figures why even chance injury during individual workouts, the promise alone may create a buzz to get teams higher up interested. But pulling out of the combine leads me to believe what you're saying is much more realistic, because he's athletic enough to kill the athletic testing drills at the combine and looks like he'd measure well.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#460 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri May 18, 2018 5:29 am

Papi_swav wrote:So is there any player with star potential in the mid to late first round?

How ironic, barring a trade, we're praying for Marks to pull a Kuzma. :pray:
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Brooklyn Nets