ImageImageImageImageImage

One less Knick fan...lol

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

One less Knick fan...lol 

Post#1 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Thu May 17, 2018 1:25 am

Ethan Hawke quit being a Knicks fan when he stopped getting free tickets.

Ethan Hawke bites.

Wait, what?

Yeah, I never had much of an opinion on Ethan Hawke other than I like his movies. But then came his interview on the Bill Simmons podcast and that all changed.

Here’s why Ethan Hawke bites:

“Who’s your team?” Simmons asked innocently enough.

“I’ve been a Knicks fan for a long time,” Hawke explained, “but I got kicked out of the Garden. They won’t give me tickets anymore.”

OK, so here’s where you gotta pay attention. Note that he says they won’t “give” him tickets anymore.

He continued, explaining that he went on some talk shows, notably Jimmy Fallon, and badmouthed the team over the firing of Mike D’Antoni and, as a result, “[has] been left teamless.”

Simmons: “You could buy tickets and go if you wanted.”

Hawke: “The point is that I’m not wanted and I don’t go where I’m not wanted. It’s hard to be a fan for a place that doesn’t like you.”

Simmons: “But one person doesn’t like you.” (That person being owner James Dolan.)

Hawke: “You have to understand, since ‘Reality Bites’ came out once I was I was kind of [a celebrity], I would call up and say, ‘Hey can I get tickets?’ Sometimes they wouldn’t have tickets but they’d always hook me up. … And then I called up one time and they said, ‘That will be $7,800.’ I was like, ‘Oh, um, oh, why is this the first time you guys are charging me?’ They said that you should have thought of that before you went on the [‘Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon’]. I was like, ‘Wow, this is real.’

“… I’ve apologized many times to try to get my seats again …”

OK, stop the tape.

First off, Ethan, they WEREN’T YOUR SEATS. When you don’t pay for something, they aren’t yours. They are gifts.

Second, it doesn’t appear you were ever “kicked out of the Garden.” You were asked to pay to go inside, just like everyone else.

At this point, Hawke has no clue how entitled and out of touch he sounds. Simmons, to his credit, offers him an out. Instead, Hawke goes on:

“That happened around the same time LeBron decided to go [back] to Cleveland. And there was something about him going back to Cleveland that is so righteous, so cool and it marked some transition in my willingness to accept LeBron’s greatness. … I didn’t have a team, and I have followed with beautiful fandom the LeBron James movement. And I am in a period of ecstasy right now watching one of the greatest players to play the game have one of the greatest seasons.”

So to recap, Ethan Hawke was a huge Knicks fan until they started making him pay for tickets. And when they did, Hawke, who’d recently sold his New York City townhouse for a $2.8 million profit, took it as an affront, so much so he became a LeBron James fan.

Congrats Ethan, you’ve somehow made James Dolan into a somewhat sympathetic figure.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ethan-hawke-quit-knicks-fan-stopped-getting-free-tickets-230959289.html
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,224

Re: One less Knick fan...lol 

Post#2 » by Knicks Byke » Thu May 17, 2018 1:32 am

wow **** this dirt bag brad miller looking ass denzel shoulda offed you in training day mfer.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#3 » by Adelheid » Thu May 17, 2018 1:32 am

Rich people mooching for free tickets? LOL
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#4 » by AllanHoustonFan » Thu May 17, 2018 1:32 am

Boohoo. Another spoiled celebrity crying because he has to pay for something just like everyone else. Cry me a river.
#MKGA
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#5 » by Ignitowsky » Thu May 17, 2018 1:33 am

Fawke Hawke
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#6 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:55 am

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Ethan Hawke quit being a Knicks fan when he stopped getting free tickets.

Ethan Hawke bites.

Wait, what?

Yeah, I never had much of an opinion on Ethan Hawke other than I like his movies. But then came his interview on the Bill Simmons podcast and that all changed.

Here’s why Ethan Hawke bites:

“Who’s your team?” Simmons asked innocently enough.

“I’ve been a Knicks fan for a long time,” Hawke explained, “but I got kicked out of the Garden. They won’t give me tickets anymore.”

OK, so here’s where you gotta pay attention. Note that he says they won’t “give” him tickets anymore.

He continued, explaining that he went on some talk shows, notably Jimmy Fallon, and badmouthed the team over the firing of Mike D’Antoni and, as a result, “[has] been left teamless.”

Simmons: “You could buy tickets and go if you wanted.”

Hawke: “The point is that I’m not wanted and I don’t go where I’m not wanted. It’s hard to be a fan for a place that doesn’t like you.”

Simmons: “But one person doesn’t like you.” (That person being owner James Dolan.)

Hawke: “You have to understand, since ‘Reality Bites’ came out once I was I was kind of [a celebrity], I would call up and say, ‘Hey can I get tickets?’ Sometimes they wouldn’t have tickets but they’d always hook me up. … And then I called up one time and they said, ‘That will be $7,800.’ I was like, ‘Oh, um, oh, why is this the first time you guys are charging me?’ They said that you should have thought of that before you went on the [‘Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon’]. I was like, ‘Wow, this is real.’

“… I’ve apologized many times to try to get my seats again …”

OK, stop the tape.

First off, Ethan, they WEREN’T YOUR SEATS. When you don’t pay for something, they aren’t yours. They are gifts.

Second, it doesn’t appear you were ever “kicked out of the Garden.” You were asked to pay to go inside, just like everyone else.

At this point, Hawke has no clue how entitled and out of touch he sounds. Simmons, to his credit, offers him an out. Instead, Hawke goes on:

“That happened around the same time LeBron decided to go [back] to Cleveland. And there was something about him going back to Cleveland that is so righteous, so cool and it marked some transition in my willingness to accept LeBron’s greatness. … I didn’t have a team, and I have followed with beautiful fandom the LeBron James movement. And I am in a period of ecstasy right now watching one of the greatest players to play the game have one of the greatest seasons.”

So to recap, Ethan Hawke was a huge Knicks fan until they started making him pay for tickets. And when they did, Hawke, who’d recently sold his New York City townhouse for a $2.8 million profit, took it as an affront, so much so he became a LeBron James fan.

Congrats Ethan, you’ve somehow made James Dolan into a somewhat sympathetic figure.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ethan-hawke-quit-knicks-fan-stopped-getting-free-tickets-230959289.html

Overrated!
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,955

Post#7 » by ITGM » Thu May 17, 2018 1:58 am

Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#8 » by Jose7 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:02 am

he's a clown..fake..phony...**** him.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#9 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Thu May 17, 2018 2:12 am

ITGM wrote:

Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#10 » by Marty McFly » Thu May 17, 2018 2:22 am

emphasis on "fan".
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#11 » by fatalogic » Thu May 17, 2018 3:17 am

....who is Ethan Hawke?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#12 » by robillionaire » Thu May 17, 2018 4:08 am

fatalogic wrote:....who is Ethan Hawke?

Yeah I've never heard of this person. Must have been tough times on celebrity row.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,081

Post#13 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 17, 2018 4:13 am

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,575

Post#14 » by Capn'O » Thu May 17, 2018 4:41 am

Maybe Charles Oakley could settle things with Dolan by whooping this guy's ass.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,575

Post#15 » by Capn'O » Thu May 17, 2018 4:43 am

Also, I was thinking this was Tony Hawk and am much less disappointed now.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Rock Bottom
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#16 » by Rock Bottom » Thu May 17, 2018 6:30 am

was ethan hawke = pharmcat ?
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#17 » by BeagleBoss » Thu May 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Wish I could do this.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#18 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Fck Dolan. Hawke is right about D'Antoni and Dolan is a lil bitch for pulling the tix for that reason. Still no reason not to stay a fan.
Free Palestine
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#19 » by bleedblue3303 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:17 pm

i heard the interview. You are making him sound like an entitled douchebag. That's not the way it came across in the interview. The Garden Happily offered him tickets, like they do all celebrities. He took Dantoni's side over Melo's publicly and it pissed off the powers that be.

It wasn't that they offered him different tickets. They immediately pulled his ticket privileges. Don't kid yourself a lot of the garden is tourists and the appeal is they get to see celebs watching the game. They are not giving those tickets for free for no reason.

By telling him he was going to have to pay 7k was basically telling him **** you.

Which by the way the Knicks can absolutely do and maybe should have when I celeb talks smack publicly. But Hawke has every right to feel slighted as well.

All i'm saying is stop making a mountain out of a molehill and hurting a guys reputation when he didn't say or do anything wrong.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#20 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 17, 2018 6:27 pm

jake... jake... i need my money, jake!
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks