ImageImageImageImageImage

King James to the Mecca?!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,436

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#241 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 15, 2018 3:50 pm

god shammgod wrote:i love when kg starts talking himself into it

When you're right you're right. It is true that Bron can't do much that would elevate his legacy but a) winning (maybe not even a title) with the Knicks would be one thing and b) he actually could make them a good team at least in a few moves.

But we've seen no evidence that Bron likes a reclamation project, in a big city that he has no connection to.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#242 » by god shammgod » Tue May 15, 2018 6:08 pm

KnicksGod wrote:

When you're right you're right. It is true that Bron can't do much that would elevate his legacy but a) winning (maybe not even a title) with the Knicks would be one thing and b) he actually could make them a good team at least in a few moves.

But we've seen no evidence that Bron likes a reclamation project, in a big city that he has no connection to.

for lebron to beat the warriors. he would have to join a team that's close to beating them. even if the knicks trade kp for kwahi, they're not, would that combo beat the warriors ? doesn't seem like it. i think houston is the only place he could go. maybe if the celts trade hayward to the cavs for bron, trade kyrie to the spurs for kwahi and with the rest of the pieces there he could challenge. but the knicks ? nah.
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#243 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Tue May 15, 2018 6:26 pm

I agree that LeBron is most likely to go to a team that would already be considered a contender without him. And that's not the Knicks, even if they swapped KP for Kawhi.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,305

Post#244 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 15, 2018 6:40 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:Why does this thread still live?

:beer: RIP mags
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#245 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 15, 2018 7:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

for lebron to beat the warriors. he would have to join a team that's close to beating them. even if the knicks trade kp for kwahi, they're not, would that combo beat the warriors ? doesn't seem like it. i think houston is the only place he could go. maybe if the celts trade hayward to the cavs for bron, trade kyrie to the spurs for kwahi and with the rest of the pieces there he could challenge. but the knicks ? nah.

Well that's true yeah. It would be hard to come up with an imaginary fantasy team that would be much better than the Warriors, even spanning different eras. Stick Jordan and LeBron on there so they win by 40 instead of 25. Not losing tons with Klay and Durant lol. They need Draymond in there no matter what so Karl Malone would be a sub. They could use Olajuwon sure, and then win by 50.

But trade KP for Kawhi, trade the lottery pick and two more for Beal - resign Kyle O'Quinn for a small amount - is there max space left over? Could have to deal away Hardaway I guess and that would take some doing.

Then try to sign vets, you know the drill.

Burke
Beal - Hardaway
Kawhi
Bron
Kyle

No guarantees with how good Boston looks and Sixers will take some steps, but you'd have some reasonable shot of making the Finals at least.

Also it takes a certain team to even be able to stay with the Warriors and I don't think that team has Harden as its main weapon. I think the Celtics are much better equipped to give the Warriors a run for their money because they can make things a little harder defensively.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#246 » by Marty McFly » Tue May 15, 2018 7:54 pm

the only thing that would add to lebron's legacy is beating this warriors team with this cavs team.

he might not get to 6, but capturing number 4 against that monster of a team will change alot of minds in the GOAT debate.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,305

Post#247 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 15, 2018 8:07 pm

Marty McFly wrote:the only thing that would add to lebron's legacy is beating this warriors team with this cavs team.

he might not get to 6, but capturing number 4 against that monster of a team will change alot of minds in the GOAT debate.

He's got to beat Boston first. If he carries this team to a title? I would consider him GOATV at this point.

I doubt they get to the finals though.
:beer: RIP mags
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#248 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:the only thing that would add to lebron's legacy is beating this warriors team with this cavs team.

He's got to beat Boston first. If he carries this team to a title? I would consider him GOATV at this point.

I doubt they get to the finals though.

Boston should beat them unless they choke. Also Cavs would have little chance to beat the Warriors. Don't forget that even when Love is playing well, Draymond shuts him down and Love is not playing well. And there's no Kyrie. No shot.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#249 » by Kurt Rambis » Wed May 16, 2018 12:10 am

Maybe younger generation Lebron will be considered as the GOAT but there is nothing can convince me Lebron is greater than Jordan to be honest. Not even this Cavs over this Warriors.

Anyway, Lebron isn't coming here.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#250 » by bringinhinkie » Wed May 16, 2018 3:29 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Read on Twitter

:reporter: :reporter: :reporter:

--Mags :beer:

L
O
L

as if the knicks have even a 1% chance at lebron

you don't want him?

yea, ok
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,282

Post#251 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 16, 2018 3:58 pm

I like to go by what players say. LeBron said that being close to home and his kids is important.

Well, either he's staying in Cleveland or ? What is a geographically close team? To me, that is midwest, mid atlantic or north east

So, if LeBron isn't FOS, not:
LAL or Hou

But maybe:
Indiana (seems closest)
Chicago
Washington
Philly
NY
Boston

Three best teams on the list: Boston, Philly, Indiana - those are the choices.

I say Philly or Indiana IF he leaves Cleveland. Boston doesn't seem like a team that would go for him, but with Ainge, maybe I should consider it a possibility.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#252 » by Besart19 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:32 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

That would make sense actually

Irving for Kawhi straight up... Hayward and the Memphis 1st for Lebron

Horford / Baynes
Lebron / Morris
Kawhi / Tatum
Brown / Korver
Rozier / Smart
Strength and Honour!
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,913

Post#253 » by god shammgod » Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 pm

Besart19 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Horford / Baynes
Lebron / Morris
Kawhi / Tatum
Brown / Korver
Rozier / Smart

they got korver too ?
MGW33
Veteran
And1: 61

Post#254 » by MGW33 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Carl said to be patient, but you thirsty mofos just had to get LeBron in 2011............
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#255 » by Besart19 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:24 am

god shammgod wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Horford / Baynes
Lebron / Morris
Kawhi / Tatum
Brown / Korver
Rozier / Smart

they got korver too ?

I think he is a FA this summer
Strength and Honour!
RealGM
And1: 39,206

Post#256 » by 2010 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:35 am

Damn, y'all got my antennae up. A Lebron/Kawhi/Frank core is type nasty.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,893

Post#257 » by DaGawd » Thu May 17, 2018 1:36 am

MGW33 wrote:Carl said to be patient, but you thirsty mofos just had to get LeBron in 2011............

6+7=2018??
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to New York Knicks