ImageImageImageImageImage

2017-18 NBA Playoffs - Week 5, Conference Finals

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,116

Re: 2017-18 NBA Playoffs - Week 5, Conference Finals 

Post#1221 » by drekwins » Thu May 17, 2018 3:12 am

El Poochio wrote:
drekwins wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
True even KD cant keep Ws getting totally embarrassed at this point

You are obviously biased and not logical. We'll revisit this convo in a few days and i'll tell you "I told you so."

Yes we are talking about the past 2 games so rewatch them and come back in a few days

Once again, your words "totally embarrassed" are an exaggeration. You're a little emotional. Have fun while it lasts.
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#1222 » by sushibear » Thu May 17, 2018 3:14 am

drekwins wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
drekwins wrote:
They're barely up double digits with Ariza, Tucker and Gordon combining for 22-31 while Curry, Klay and Draymond are shooting 12-35 lol I don't expect those numbers to repeat theirselves again this series.

Lol barely up while 30 ahead

This post was made before their run but either way, who cares? It's one game and they split. You're putting way too much emotion and weight on one game when the entire Warriors roster (not named Durant) is off.

Could be said the same in game 1 for the rockets. Rockets clamped down on everyone else and let KD get his. Gotta give credit to the rockets on the defensive end.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,116

Post#1223 » by drekwins » Thu May 17, 2018 3:15 am

sushibear wrote:
drekwins wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

This post was made before their run but either way, who cares? It's one game and they split. You're putting way too much emotion and weight on one game when the entire Warriors roster (not named Durant) is off.

Could be said the same in game 1 for the rockets. Rockets clamped down on everyone else and let KD get his. Gotta give credit to the rockets on the defensive end.

Rockets are at home. That's a huge difference. All that Houston did tonight was avoid a sweep. GS are huge favorites after splitting on the road.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#1224 » by El Poochio » Thu May 17, 2018 3:17 am

sushibear wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
drekwins wrote:
They're barely up double digits with Ariza, Tucker and Gordon combining for 22-31 while Curry, Klay and Draymond are shooting 12-35 lol I don't expect those numbers to repeat theirselves again this series.

I'm positive he ain't watching the game lol.

Golden State have brought shame to NBA tonight

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio

Post#1225 » by El Poochio » Thu May 17, 2018 3:19 am

drekwins wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
drekwins wrote:
You are obviously biased and not logical. We'll revisit this convo in a few days and i'll tell you "I told you so."

Yes we are talking about the past 2 games so rewatch them and come back in a few days

Once again, your words "totally embarrassed" are an exaggeration. You're a little emotional. Have fun while it lasts.

Ffs cant even make fun of Golden State in a Knicks board without their gloryhunting bandwagoners getting too emotional

sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#1226 » by sushibear » Thu May 17, 2018 3:20 am

drekwins wrote:
sushibear wrote:
drekwins wrote:

Rockets are at home. That's a huge difference. All that Houston did tonight was avoid a sweep. GS are huge favorites after splitting on the road.

GS are favorites I'll give you that but we don't know how rockets are going to perform on the road. I'm not going write them off just yet after this azz whooping they gave tonight
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#1227 » by Phish Tank » Thu May 17, 2018 3:20 am

Houston’s ISO ball approach won’t work in Oakland

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
El Poochio

Post#1228 » by El Poochio » Thu May 17, 2018 3:22 am

Ofc score is easily over when I have no chance to bet and win a resort up the alps

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1229 » by Thugger HBC » Thu May 17, 2018 3:26 am

Rockets still have an uphill climb. To win the series they will have to win twice in GS, and likely the W's best players will have to have at least anther night like this one.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#1230 » by AllanHoustonFan » Thu May 17, 2018 3:27 am

drekwins wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:The Warriors are lucky they aren't getting blown out. I'm interested to see what adjustments Kerr makes.

Nearly nothing. They're going home and will be fine. Curry, Draymond and Klay are all off. It's a terrible sign for the Rockets that they can't pull away.

The Rockets whooped their ass tonight. Period. Their role players stepped up big time and basically saved their season. It also helped that the Warriors commited like 15 turnovers, Klay, Curry and Draymond played awful, and they got no help from the bench who will definitely play a lot better at home.
#MKGA
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1231 » by HEZI » Thu May 17, 2018 3:31 am

Houston got their 1 game. Shot lights out from outside and the Warriors couldn't find any rhythm. With that out of the way, I doubt they win another game in this series.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
El Poochio

Post#1232 » by El Poochio » Thu May 17, 2018 3:43 am

Have to apologize to the Ws and their sympathizers for calling them an embarrassment, I was being inconsiderate and should have chose my words wiser, they didnt get embarrassed, they got ROYALLY FCKED IN THE AZZ

Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#1233 » by Kinglee » Thu May 17, 2018 4:21 am

So much for the sweep
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#1234 » by andrewww » Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 am

El Poochio wrote:Have to apologize to the Ws and their sympathizers for calling them an embarrassment, I was being inconsiderate and should have chose my words wiser, they didnt get embarrassed, they got ROYALLY FCKED IN THE AZZ

No worries we will see who is hiding under a rock when Durant is declared best player in the world once again in the Finals while Im laughing all to the way to the bank with my GSW futures bet before the playoffs and KD winning b2b FMVPs, life gona be good #ITSMEKD
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#1235 » by NY2TheBay » Thu May 17, 2018 6:49 am

Thugger HBC wrote:Rockets still have an uphill climb. To win the series they will have to win twice in GS, and likely the W's best players will have to have at least anther night like this one.

common sense. capn'o.

Spoiler:
next move is better than my last move.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Re: 2017-18 NBA Playoffs - Week 4, Round 2 

Post#1236 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:25 pm

cuyankees wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Backcourt is 1 part of the game, Dubs have a KD and Draymond on front court. Who matches up w them? Clint? Just don't see it.

Kudos to Rockets for reg season mastery but they're about to get exposed badly.

No but they've got multiple long armed wing defenders who can give KD and Dray fits. Ariza, Mbah a Moute, and PJ Tucker are all good defenders who can hit the 3 at a reasonable clip. Don't sleep on Capela either. Hes been amazing this season. He won't get exposed when the Warriors go small because he's really quick laterally. He's the key to the Rockets hopes. I'm not going to go as far as to predict the Rockets winning because I do think their offense has the tendency to be come predictable and too iso dependent with Harden but to say they will be exposed seems to be a tad bit over the top...

It's 1 game but like I said, Rockets getting exposed. It isn't even fair...

You were saying...
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#1237 » by cuyankees » Thu May 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
No but they've got multiple long armed wing defenders who can give KD and Dray fits. Ariza, Mbah a Moute, and PJ Tucker are all good defenders who can hit the 3 at a reasonable clip. Don't sleep on Capela either. Hes been amazing this season. He won't get exposed when the Warriors go small because he's really quick laterally. He's the key to the Rockets hopes. I'm not going to go as far as to predict the Rockets winning because I do think their offense has the tendency to be come predictable and too iso dependent with Harden but to say they will be exposed seems to be a tad bit over the top...

It's 1 game but like I said, Rockets getting exposed. It isn't even fair...

You were saying...

They shot over 50% from field and a birthday comes once a year, Dubs did their job and stole home court after Rockets spent all season to secure it.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#1238 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:49 pm

cuyankees wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:It's 1 game but like I said, Rockets getting exposed. It isn't even fair...

You were saying...

They shot over 50% from field and a birthday comes once a year, Dubs did their job and stole home court after Rockets spent all season to secure it.

Lol you are clearly so biased. The fact that the Rockets won a game against the Dubs means they weren't "exposed" as you like to call it. Nobody was saying the Rockets were favorites to win the series, but in terms of the Warriors best challenge post-KD? They are clearly it and I wouldn't be shocked if Houston steals a game on the road to get homecourt back to their favor. Both eastern conference teams are going to get smacked by one of these teams in the finals. This is clearly the best 2 teams in basketball going at it. Nobody will be "exposed"
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#1239 » by cuyankees » Thu May 17, 2018 4:27 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
You were saying...

Lol you are clearly so biased. The fact that the Rockets won a game against the Dubs means they weren't "exposed" as you like to call it. Nobody was saying the Rockets were favorites to win the series, but in terms of the Warriors best challenge post-KD? They are clearly it and I wouldn't be shocked if Houston steals a game on the road to get homecourt back to their favor. Both eastern conference teams are going to get smacked by one of these teams in the finals. This is clearly the best 2 teams in basketball going at it. Nobody will be "exposed"

Not a Dubs fan so that idea goes out the window. Do you even understand the context of “exposed”? You know best regular season record, best “challenge” to Dubs, blah blah blah, then exposed as frauds who never had a shot.

Rockets won 1 game on what was statistically the weirdest of nights for both teams. Great! They avoid the sweep, but losing 4-1 after having best record in NBA would be considered getting exposed.
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#1240 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:54 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Rockets still have an uphill climb. To win the series they will have to win twice in GS, and likely the W's best players will have to have at least anther night like this one.

Not true, if Rockets win both remaining home games, they only need 1 game at Warriors

Return to New York Knicks