ImageImage

Eric Gordon and Capela "attack" Chris Paul. This is what they said

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Traderwest
Junior
And1: 107

Eric Gordon and Capela "attack" Chris Paul. This is what they said 

Post#1 » by Traderwest » Tue May 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Chris Paul plays 38 minutes and has 3 assists. Is Chris Paul selfish? What does "I don't care who you are" mean?

Eric Gordon said: “I definitely would like to get the ball more for me to be aggressive and get good looks,” said Gordon, who took 13 shots. “Offensively with everybody, we really don’t get real good looks. … We can’t isolate as much against a good defensive team. I don’t care who you are. We have some of the best isolation players out there. But against a team like that, it’s going to be too tough.”

Capela said: "Maybe we’re going to have to be more aware on the weak side, maybe (use) flares to get guys open, to get more movement, so all the focus won’t be on the guys on the weak side."
Traderwest
Junior
And1: 107

Re: Eric Gordon and Capela "attack" Chris Paul. This is what they said 

Post#2 » by Traderwest » Tue May 15, 2018 6:25 pm

My opinion:

Chris Paul needs to get role players involved.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#3 » by Mr. E » Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Is this a schtick? You try to post anything that paints the Rockets in a negative light?
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#4 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:42 pm

It's pretty obvious what he meant by "I don't care who you are", and it's pretty obvious it wasn't what you probably are trying to make it to be, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Here, watch this instead:

We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#5 » by PizzaSteve » Wed May 16, 2018 3:46 pm

I hope it is ok to comment as a Warriors fan.

As younger players, I think it is good that these guys are finding their voice and learning from results to understand what it takes to be successful. Ideally they would study film and show CP examples of situations to show their point, analytically rather than just complain.

As a team, I see Houston as ealier in their communication phase and still learning how to play together at a level that can match the warriors. Also, personally, it would be great to have a sustained rivalry with Houston playing at their best.

I see two factors as driving success:
1. Superstars performing as superstars. Houston can match the warriors stars, clearly.
2. A teams that has a plan and communicates plus executes that plan with discipline (Spurs are still best at this).

I think Houston can get better with more time together with CP3, maybe another lock down defensive wing and also a better plan for level 2 and 3 of their offensive possessions. If we get past you this year, some open and honest communication about how to get better with the team members seems healthy to me.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#6 » by TMU » Wed May 16, 2018 9:52 pm

This is definitely a troll account.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#7 » by TMU » Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 pm

PizzaSteve wrote:I hope it is ok to comment as a Warriors fan.

As younger players, I think it is good that these guys are finding their voice and learning from results to understand what it takes to be successful. Ideally they would study film and show CP examples of situations to show their point, analytically rather than just complain.

As a team, I see Houston as ealier in their communication phase and still learning how to play together at a level that can match the warriors. Also, personally, it would be great to have a sustained rivalry with Houston playing at their best.

1. Superstars performing as superstars. Houston can match the warriors stars, clearly.
2. A teams that has a plan and communicates plus executes that plan with discipline (Spurs are still best at this).

I think Houston can get better with more time together with CP3, maybe another lock down defensive wing and also a better plan for level 2 and 3 of their offensive possessions. If we get past you this year, some open and honest communication about how to get better with the team members seems healthy to me.

Some great thoughts and all, but honestly there's little you can do against a team that has 2x Top 5 players and 2 more allstars. Warriors are just a better team and I have accepted that.
PizzaSteve
Veteran

Post#8 » by PizzaSteve » Wed May 16, 2018 10:07 pm

TMU wrote:

Some great thoughts and all, but honestly there's little you can do against a team that has 2x Top 5 players and 2 more allstars. Warriors are just a better team and I have accepted that.

True, but Curry, Klay and Gree were not immediate all stars in their first years. I think the all star label comes with performance and practice+results create that label, it is more of a trailing indicator. Yes I agree that as of now the warriors should win based on better team depth and star power. That said, not all rockets are at their peak. Harden and CP3, sure, but Capella has Green level impact potential, if he works like he should on his game, learns from the vets, etc. But again, a star wing might be needed.

Anyway, i can see how OP might be a troll.

PS. What you do is play your hardest and let the results be what they are. No dishonor in losing, if you give your best.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#9 » by BallerTalk » Thu May 17, 2018 12:50 am

TMU wrote:This is definitely a troll account.

Bingo!
Obvious troll just trying to stir the pot.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#10 » by moofs » Thu May 17, 2018 2:33 am

TMU wrote:

Don’t. If they’re better than us, they’re not much better, and I’m pretty sure we’re actually the better team.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#11 » by TMU » Thu May 17, 2018 2:35 am

moofs wrote:
TMU wrote:

Don’t. If they’re better than us, they’re not much better, and I’m pretty sure we’re actually the better team.

My point is that we are still the undedogs in this series. Even if we lose I can understand why we did and won't lose sleep over it. I am proud of what this team has accomplished. Anything beyond this is a plus.
moofs
General Manager
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#12 » by moofs » Thu May 17, 2018 2:36 am

Except most of the team is in their early 30’s. I don’t follow y’all’s forum too much, though I read GSOM a good bit, but our team simply has its own style.

Good luck.
Morey 2020.

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#13 » by Mr. E » Thu May 17, 2018 1:13 pm

moofs wrote:
TMU wrote:

I agree, and I do think that if the Rockets play their best that they can actually beat this GSW team. I see no shame for either team losing this series, but the Champs are still the champs, so they'll be favorites.

I have been thinking for a while now that one of the things driving the saltiness towards Houston is that this is the only team in the NBA who actually believed that they could beat the Golden State juggernaut, and that they have actually tried to do so. Everyone else gave up before the season tipped off.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
moofs
General Manager

Post#14 » by moofs » Thu May 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Mr. E wrote:
moofs wrote:
TMU wrote:

I agree, and I do think that if the Rockets play their best that they can actually beat this GSW team. I see no shame for either team losing this series, but the Champs are still the champs, so they'll be favorites.

I have been thinking for a while now that one of the things driving the saltiness towards Houston is that this is the only team in the NBA who actually believed that they could beat the Golden State juggernaut, and that they have actually tried to do so. Everyone else gave up before the season tipped off.

I think it’s that they don’t like numbers winning over narrative.

Frankly, they have a bit of a point. We’re drama killers. Welcome to Houston, where pragmatic neighborliness is king, fellas.
Morey 2020.

moofs
General Manager

Post#15 » by moofs » Thu May 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Also, for whatever reason, I suspect that a lot of people aren’t mentally capable of separating the person from the game because try simply can’t think at that level of systematic complexity on the subject.

So if the person does a thing that exposes the game, they hate the person rather than recognizing the attribute of the game.

Back to my dad, he can think in that way on cars, where I can’t, but when I ask him to explain the issue on basketball, he just stutters.

I know BMWs are always in the shop from anecdotal experience and hate them as a result. Throw a bunch of engineering facts at me, though, and I might get it, or I might just go, “uhhh yeah but I still hate them.”
Morey 2020.

MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#16 » by MaxRider » Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 pm

BallerTalk wrote:

Bingo!

and i'm surprise this got so many attention
i ignored his post even since he posted the first one
PizzaSteve
Veteran

Post#17 » by PizzaSteve » Thu May 17, 2018 10:24 pm

MaxRider wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

Bingo!

Still, interesting how a bit more ball sharing and improved communication delivered the desired results. The non star players played great, seemed more involved...new series. Glad Houston is fighting and we will have a good series. Thanks for letting me view and comment in the Houston page. Ive always enjoyed the rivalry and I think Houstons WCF efforts have been under appretiated. I attended the first 2 home games last time and Harden was scary good, especially in person. GS went up 2-0, but both games were close and hard fought. Add a top GS enemy CP3 and Rockets are quite competitive, especially if Curry is still struggling, whether from injury, lack of time in court, or nerves. Assuming they mentally are ready, they should be close games.
moofs
General Manager

Post#18 » by moofs » Thu May 17, 2018 11:12 pm

PizzaSteve wrote:
MaxRider wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
Bingo!

Still, interesting how a bit more ball sharing and improved communication delivered the desired results. The non star players played great, seemed more involved...new series.

Welcome, sir!
The thing that’s got people a bit resentful here is that we’ve played like this all season, but for whatever reason there’s this refusal to acknowledge it.

I read some comments on a few of your forums where a few years ago, national media did the same nonsense to y’all.

I, for one, would like to know what the hell the point of it is. Houston is pretty much universally disrespected, though.
Morey 2020.

moofs
General Manager

Post#19 » by moofs » Thu May 17, 2018 11:28 pm

It kinda feels like they’re paying more attention to Boston-Cleveland when neither of those teams (no disrespect, I enjoy both teams) has a great shot at winning.
Morey 2020.

PizzaSteve
Veteran

Post#20 » by PizzaSteve » Fri May 18, 2018 8:50 pm

moofs wrote:It kinda feels like they’re paying more attention to Boston-Cleveland when neither of those teams (no disrespect, I enjoy both teams) has a great shot at winning.

I dont know, Boston is playing some pretty sound basketball and has good talent. If they hit shots above their usual rate, they have a punchers shot. Their defense is solid.

Return to Houston Rockets