ImageImageImageImageImage

O.T.- Is it aggressive to take a women friend as a guest to a wedding?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

O.T.- Is it aggressive to take a women friend as a guest to a wedding? 

Post#1 » by EricAnderson » Sat May 26, 2018 12:15 am

I’m taking my friend to a family members wedding as a guest.The weddings two and a half hours away so we’re gonna be staying at a hotel after the wedding in the same bed as well.

People are telling me it’s an aggressive move and implies more then friendship..do you think it does?

We’re friends but I’m not gonna act like the thought of being with her hasn’t crossed my mind I’m just not 100% sure.

Do you think it’s sending strong signals doing this and beyond a platonic friendship?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,307

Re: O.T.- Is it aggressive to take a women friend as a guest to a wedding? 

Post#2 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat May 26, 2018 12:29 am

As long as it's not the bride...I think your good. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#3 » by Fat » Sat May 26, 2018 12:43 am

EricAnderson wrote:I’m taking my friend to a family members wedding as a guest.The weddings two and a half hours away so we’re gonna be staying at a hotel after the wedding in the same bed as well.

People are telling me it’s an aggressive move and implies more then friendship..do you think it does?

We’re friends but I’m not gonna act like the thought of being with her hasn’t crossed my mind I’m just not 100% sure.

Do you think it’s sending strong signals doing this and beyond a platonic friendship?

Those people are cockblocking bro, what you should do is forget about the whole wedding stuff come to my crib and we can have a Ménage à trois
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#4 » by Marty McFly » Sat May 26, 2018 12:50 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:I’m taking my friend to a family members wedding as a guest.The weddings two and a half hours away so we’re gonna be staying at a hotel after the wedding in the same bed as well.

Those people are cockblocking bro, what you should do is forget about the whole wedding stuff come to my crib and we can have a Ménage à trois

:lol: very aggressive.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#5 » by kane2021 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:05 am

I don’t understand how you couldn’t see what that’s implying. And you have thought about sleeping with her too. Might as well just ask her to get in bed now. That way you know if you have to find someone else to lure into your wedding trip hotel room with one bed smile trick.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by EricAnderson » Sat May 26, 2018 1:25 am

kane2021 wrote:I don’t understand how you couldn’t see what that’s implying. And you have thought about sleeping with her too. Might as well just ask her to get in bed now. That way you know if you have to find someone else to lure into your wedding trip hotel room with one bed smile trick.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

But if it’s implying it then she clearly has to know too no? So she must be cool with it.

It’s not like she’s being blindsided by the trip

As far as the bed thing she’s asked me to sleep over before and she slept with me..nothing happened because we both passed out drunk but she clearly doesn’t mind being in a bed with me.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,579

Post#7 » by mpharris36 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:29 am

well that pretty much sums up it is not a platonic friendship :lol:

when will people realize that single woman and men can't be friends
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,785

Post#8 » by spree8 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:32 am

Cmon... “does it imply more than friendship?” You’re taking her to a wedding, sharing a bed, and thought about smashing...you really gotta ask?
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by EricAnderson » Sat May 26, 2018 1:34 am

spree8 wrote:Cmon... “does it imply more than friendship?” You’re taking her to a wedding, sharing a bed, and thought about smashing...you really gotta ask?

I’m talking about do you think it’s obvious to her?
spree8
RealGM

Post#10 » by spree8 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:46 am

EricAnderson wrote:
spree8 wrote:Cmon... “does it imply more than friendship?” You’re taking her to a wedding, sharing a bed, and thought about smashing...you really gotta ask?

Hell yea. Only thing she doesn’t know for sure is that you’ve thought about being with her, but now, inviting her to a wedding, and sharing a bed?

Then again, if you didn’t know this was obvious, who knows what else you’ve done or said that might’ve given her hints that you wanna smash... she might’ve already known.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by EricAnderson » Sat May 26, 2018 1:48 am

spree8 wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

Hell yea. Only thing she doesn’t know for sure is that you’ve thought about being with her, but now, inviting her to a wedding, and sharing a bed?

Then again, if you didn’t know this was obvious, who knows what else you’ve done or said that might’ve given her hints that you wanna smash... she might’ve already known.

She doesn’t know where sharing a bad yet but she’s asked me to sleep over house and on her bed before so I can’t see how it’s a big issue with her.

My point was she has to know what’s going on no? And if she wasn’t interested at all she would t have said yes to going to a wedding with me and staying in the same room
spree8
RealGM

Post#12 » by spree8 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:52 am

EricAnderson wrote:
spree8 wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

She doesn’t know where sharing a bad yet but she’s asked me to sleep over house and on her bed before so I can’t see how it’s a big issue with her.

My point was she has to know what’s going on no? And if she wasn’t interested at all she would t have said yes to going to a wedding with me and staying in the same room

Bruh... she def knows.
CowboyBebop
Starter
And1: 2,134

Post#13 » by CowboyBebop » Sat May 26, 2018 2:01 am

EricAnderson wrote:so we’re gonna be staying at a hotel after the wedding in the same bed as well.

EricAnderson wrote:People are telling me it’s an aggressive move and implies more then friendship..do you think it does?

EricAnderson wrote:We’re friends but I’m not gonna act like the thought of being with her hasn’t crossed my mind I’m just not 100% sure.

EricAnderson wrote:Do you think it’s sending strong signals doing this and beyond a platonic friendship?

CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#14 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat May 26, 2018 3:00 am

If she agrees to go with you that means she's had the same conversations with her friends that we're having, still wants to go and is DTF....or at least be more than friends.

If I'm wrong then you are doomed forever, which may be the case cuz you're over thinking it and probably won't make any moves.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,638

Post#15 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 26, 2018 4:39 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:As long as it's not the bride...I think your good. :lol:

:rofl2:
Free Palestine
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#16 » by spree2kawhi » Sat May 26, 2018 5:53 am

This move is annoyingly blatant considering you're acting like you don't know.
hawkguy
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#17 » by hawkguy » Sat May 26, 2018 8:06 am

Off season - I will embrace it.

Back to the topic, yes agreesive but no harm. Or you are in friendzone.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#18 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat May 26, 2018 12:54 pm

First, I assume you're a grown man since you are going to a wedding which is an adult function and so keeping that in mind you should not be giving one fu** how other people perceive what you are doing.

Two, I think this really depends on the exact relationship you have with this friend of yours. If you guys are really friends on that level then it should just be a fun couple of days and it should not be awkward at all to be in a hotel room together. Now, if there is something else going on here you are about to find out real soon. It sounds like you yourself aren't totally sure if you feel something for her. You need to figure that out.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#19 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat May 26, 2018 12:59 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

well that pretty much sums up it is not a platonic friendship :lol:

when will people realize that single woman and men can't be friends

Nah I think it's possible but usually it's because they've already experimented with it and it didn't work but they were mature enough to realize they could still be friends. Basically most people aren't capable of doing it.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#20 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat May 26, 2018 1:01 pm

EricAnderson wrote:

That's mind reading bruh. Do yourself a favor and get out of that practice. Either you ask direct questions or avoid trying to read other people's minds.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard

Return to New York Knicks