Danny Green on ESPN2 right now, "Kawhi has told me verbally he wants to stay here"

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,619

Re: Danny Green on ESPN2 right now, "Kawhi has told me verbally he wants to stay here" 

Post#41 » by OdomFan » Fri May 25, 2018 11:23 pm

I hope he stays.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,432

Re: Danny Green on ESPN2 right now, "Kawhi has told me verbally he wants to stay here" 

Post#42 » by G R E Y » Fri May 25, 2018 11:26 pm

Prez wrote:I just want to see this guy play basketball again. Watching these playoffs it feels like he's the most complete superstar outside of LeBron, there's no BS in his game at all and I miss watching that.

Amen!

r0drig0lac wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:The Spurs will offer the supermax.
Kawhi will accept the supermax.
Everyone will forget this past season ever happened.

amem

Amen Amen!

Seriously, just glad to be nearing the light at the end of the tunnel with this situation, and hoping they're headed in the same direction. Sounds like both sides are putting out feelers, extending olive branches.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,511

Post#43 » by AirP. » Sat May 26, 2018 3:09 am

YogurtProducer wrote:Maybe he is hurt he can’t plah so badly he doesn’t wanna come watch? I don’t know man but don’t look into it so much

All I know is that he wasn't able to show up to support his current team but 2 weeks later he's at another sporting event. There's really not much effort used there to see something is wrong.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,105

Post#44 » by YogurtProducer » Sat May 26, 2018 3:28 am

AirP. wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Maybe he is hurt he can’t plah so badly he doesn’t wanna come watch? I don’t know man but don’t look into it so much

All I know is that he wasn't able to show up to support his current team but 2 weeks later he's at another sporting event. There's really not much effort used there to see something is wrong.

If Kawhi signs the deal and comes out scoring 25ppg I’d say you’re looking into it to far. Hard to tell yet
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,235

Post#45 » by PhilBlackson » Sat May 26, 2018 3:38 am

Sounds like a lie...Kawhi would never use so many words.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,045

Post#46 » by Lalouie » Sat May 26, 2018 3:50 am

DROB27 wrote:Watch people on here dismiss this but continue to believe the media :lol:

exactly the first thing to came to mind.
1993Playoffs
Analyst
And1: 3,513

Post#47 » by 1993Playoffs » Sat May 26, 2018 4:18 am

He will never win another title if he stays
Teko
Sixth Man
And1: 1,429

Post#48 » by Teko » Sat May 26, 2018 4:24 am

fileman3 wrote:He will never win another title if he stays

He will probably never win another title even if he leaves anyways, Spurs as an organization who more titles than anybody (tie with Lakers, 5) else in last 20 years, statistically he has higher chance to win another if he stays than he leaves.
alexb618
Rookie
And1: 870

Post#49 » by alexb618 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:21 am

i personally believe he is having mental health issues and nobody wants to talk about it in public
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
1993Playoffs
Analyst
And1: 3,513

Post#50 » by 1993Playoffs » Sat May 26, 2018 7:20 am

Teko wrote:

He will probably never win another title even if he leaves anyways, Spurs as an organization who more titles than anybody (tie with Lakers, 5) else in last 20 years, statistically he has higher chance to win another if he stays than he leaves.

I mean yeah But the Duncan era is over with, Ginobli is 40+ I think the spurs window closed in 2016. Kawhi is plenty young but the spurs actual title cornerstones (Duncan, Parker, pop) are either gone or will be soon. We're moving into the 2020's lol so im not sure how they get back. Maybe in the draft,but Kawhi wants to win now doesn't he?
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#51 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat May 26, 2018 10:58 am

I never doubted it. Kuwai seems like a quiet dude, the Spurs keep things in house. Everything else is just sources...sauces. Lack of transparency is not always a sign of discord

If anything I feel like the Spurs and Kuwai are trolling the media with silence
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#52 » by LloydFree » Sat May 26, 2018 11:05 am

GameBredAPBT wrote:Why on Earth would he want to leave one of the greatest pro sports franchises in history? Something personal must've went down between him & someone on their staff.

A higher profile in a bigger market.

He just turned down a sneaker deal that was about 15% (about 80 million less) of what the other top Stars get.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,511

Post#53 » by AirP. » Sat May 26, 2018 2:19 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
AirP. wrote:

If Kawhi signs the deal and comes out scoring 25ppg I’d say you’re looking into it to far. Hard to tell yet

Doesn't mean there isn't problems.
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,268

Post#54 » by r0drig0lac » Sat May 26, 2018 2:37 pm

lol
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#55 » by Green89 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Danny Green left out the "but":

"I really want to stay here, but ..."
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,105

Post#56 » by YogurtProducer » Sat May 26, 2018 3:47 pm

AirP. wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Doesn't mean there isn't problems.

Yeah. Odds are the problems are physical. Don’t overthink this
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,470

Post#57 » by Chinook » Sat May 26, 2018 4:23 pm

It's hard to really figure out how credible Green is. He's been Kawhi's most vocal supporter on the team this year, saying repeatedly that he and Leonard have been in communication through this whole ordeal. However, this kinda strikes me as a "what else would he say to you?" sort of thing. I don't know how much more likely it is that the two sides will come to a deal now.

That said, this still seems like a complicated situation, much more so than a lot of fans who try to argue that Kawhi is definitely gone and that SA is going to take a bad deal just to get rid of him. Keeping him is still an option, and if they don't get what they want, it makes a ton of sense to try take another year to try to figure things out.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Post#58 » by GameBredAPBT » Sat May 26, 2018 7:30 pm

LloydFree wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:Why on Earth would he want to leave one of the greatest pro sports franchises in history? Something personal must've went down between him & someone on their staff.

A higher profile in a bigger market.

He just turned down a sneaker deal that was about 15% (about 80 million less) of what the other top Stars get.

Lmao. Spurs are one of the end all be all franchises of the NBA. Lol @ "higher profile". What a laugh. Furthermore, he's simply not a marketable character. Has all the charisma of a slab of concrete. Makes no difference where he goes.

Again, no one wants to leave San Antonio. Something surely went down between he & one of their higher ups.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,828

Post#59 » by TeamTragic » Sat May 26, 2018 8:05 pm

OdomFan wrote:Didn't K.D verbally tell Westbrook that he was staying?

"Don't worry Russ. I'm not leaving the Thunder"
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#60 » by magnumt » Sat May 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Can't these keep their mouths shut?! :-?

It's like don't they get proper media training? Don't air a teammates business for him. If he wanted to say he's staying or going he'd do it.

Unless he instructed Green to blab this, Green should be focusing on rediscovering the CONSISTENCY of his long range game. :roll:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6

Return to The General Board