ImageImageImageImageImage

Oakley v. Dolan, video surfaces backing Oakley

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Re: Oakley v. Dolan, video surfaces backing Oakley 

Post#41 » by Oscirus » Thu May 31, 2018 9:41 pm

Oakley coming off as entitled as Ethan Hawke. Didn't think I'd ever say that.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#42 » by MadGrinch » Thu May 31, 2018 9:48 pm

Its because I'm green isn't it?
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 15,657

Post#43 » by Im Coming Home » Thu May 31, 2018 10:13 pm

Meat wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:If this video is true, and that Oak was just minding his own business, then security is lucky that he didn't beat the **** out of them. Think about it - if you were sitting in a seat that was paid for, and then security told you to leave even though you were just minding your own business, are you seriously telling me you wouldn't lose your ****, especially after these guards put their hands on you? I can't believe people aren't siding with Oak here. Holy ****.

doesn't matter, ever read the back of a ticket? management always reserves the right to eject anyone for any reason

Doesn't mean you have to just say "okay sir no problem" and move on and take an L for a game you paid to watch.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,041

Post#44 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Jun 1, 2018 1:17 am

There's no audio. How do you know he wasn't yelling obscenities or whatever.?
:beer: RIP mags
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#45 » by Daaaarryyl » Fri Jun 1, 2018 2:14 am

Look at John McEnroe at 11:22 after he retakes his seat.

He know's Oak was done dirty.

John's a diehard Knick fan who respected Oak-dog.

Just look at his reaction.

He's clearly shaken.
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#46 » by nedleeds » Fri Jun 1, 2018 2:51 am

'Phuck all you white boys' ... angry racist clown Oak. He could have been the hero who dethroned Dolan, instead he's too dumb, drunk or both to know when to not be the bully and just be the martyr.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#47 » by NYKAL » Fri Jun 1, 2018 11:59 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
You're a piece of ****, Meathead.

Fck those thugs. They assault Oak if they didn't remove him legally.

oldhead watch the video again ....I know the memory is often the 1st thing to go :)

OAK did the assaulting. Dude could have taken the High road and Dolan would have been the ONLY villain. **** self entitled former Knicks

LOL, I’m a lawyer who dealt in police abuse/misconduct for 30 years. I know how to view a video without “help” from some pussy ass street punk who can’t tell the difference between **** and shineola. Now you can go away.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

:lol:
KennySkyWalker
Senior
And1: 200

Post#48 » by KennySkyWalker » Fri Jun 1, 2018 12:07 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Can someone post the video? Has anyone seen the video?

Management has the right to refuse service. Isn't that a thing? Seriously. Even if it's a silly reason. Don't they have that right?

This whole thing is just a shame. I would like to actually see video that proves he wasn't doing anything.

i work at a theatre and yes, management can throw you out if they feel like you're being disruptive.

in all accounts video evidence show that oakley was being disruptive, and then he put his hands on people who were just doing their job .. then they showed oakley how fast they can take him down.

Was he being disruptive before they asked him to leave?
KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#49 » by KennySkyWalker » Fri Jun 1, 2018 12:30 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

There's no audio. How do you know he wasn't yelling obscenities or whatever.?

I just watched the video and it is clear that Dolan did not like people praising Oakley. McEnroe turning around to shake Oak's hand also did not sit well with Jimmy. Look at the security on the right staring down Oakley the entire time making him feel uncomfortable. The difference is Oakley is respected in MSG while Jimmy is not and never will be. This was Dolan wielding his power to humiliate Oakley in front of the fans.

If Dolan did not want Charles in MSG then he should have had people refuse him at the door. Dolan caused a needless spectacle, not Charles.

One last thing which is VERY important in that video. You see KP with his hands on his hips watching a beloved ex-Knick getting tossed out of the Garden. How do you think that sat with him??? Especially when he looks at that shlump Dolan sitting there front row thinking he's all mighty and proud of his power. Dolan needs to change his seat. What player wants to look at that every game??
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#50 » by NYKAL » Fri Jun 1, 2018 1:33 pm

blueNorange wrote:loll how easily people forget that the whole thing escalated the moment oakley put his hands on security.

but whatever oakley is an all time knick favorite and can do no wrong.

as long as your a Knicks legend it OK to assault people who are just doing their job. Dolan may have been an ass here but, the Assholery was compounded by Oak.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#51 » by nedleeds » Fri Jun 1, 2018 1:44 pm

KennySkyWalker wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Can someone post the video? Has anyone seen the video?

Management has the right to refuse service. Isn't that a thing? Seriously. Even if it's a silly reason. Don't they have that right?

This whole thing is just a shame. I would like to actually see video that proves he wasn't doing anything.

i work at a theatre and yes, management can throw you out if they feel like you're being disruptive.

in all accounts video evidence show that oakley was being disruptive, and then he put his hands on people who were just doing their job .. then they showed oakley how fast they can take him down.

https://nypost.com/2017/02/10/msg-security-testimony-oakley-called-us-racist-henchmen/

From the moment he got on the elevator. We've got 6-8 witnesses.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#52 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jun 1, 2018 1:46 pm

I don't really care at this point.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#53 » by nyczlegacy » Fri Jun 1, 2018 2:26 pm

yeah who gives a ****
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#54 » by J9Starks3 » Fri Jun 1, 2018 2:48 pm

blueNorange wrote:loll how easily people forget that the whole thing escalated the moment oakley put his hands on security.

It escalated after the 1 guard put his hands on Oak and he pushed his hands off and shoved him... good response, probably not... but particularly if there is video evidence that Oak was not the instigator, then really it “escalated” the minute that little trust-fund rat Dolan decided to kick someone out because he didnt like him. If he didnt have such a complex, and left well enough alone, this never happens. Then again, he wouldnt be James Dolan then so maybe our entire organization would be such a joke.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,610

Post#55 » by Billy Goat » Fri Jun 1, 2018 2:53 pm

NYKAL wrote:

as long as your a Knicks legend it OK to assault people who are just doing their job. Dolan may have been an ass here but, the Assholery was compounded by Oak.

May have been? If Oakley was minding his own business then this is absurd.
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#56 » by NYKAL » Fri Jun 1, 2018 3:05 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
NYKAL wrote:

May have been? If Oakley was minding his own business then this is absurd.

even if he was, it did not make it ok to assault those guys. It didn't escalate until HE put hands on them. Do we just excuse that. Which is the worst offense, acting like a jerk and abusing your authority to have someone removed or, Oak for actually ASSAULTING people. In Oaks case I would be pissed but, I would not even consider putting hands on security. He would have been seen as the clear cut victim but, instead he chose to victimize guys who were just doing their jobs.
KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#57 » by KennySkyWalker » Fri Jun 1, 2018 3:09 pm

nedleeds wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:
blueNorange wrote:i work at a theatre and yes, management can throw you out if they feel like you're being disruptive.

https://nypost.com/2017/02/10/msg-security-testimony-oakley-called-us-racist-henchmen/

From the moment he got on the elevator. We've got 6-8 witnesses.

Then that's different if true, however, keep in mind these security people work for Dolan. At that point, he should not have been allowed to be seated in the arena. Security f'd up if he was belligerent in the elevator. That's really my entire point with this issue because once he was seated, it was Dolan who made the spectacle by having him tossed. The fans and players witnessed one of the all-time best Knicks thrown out of MSG. I blame Dolan because it should never have gotten to that point.

Also, my brother-in-law was fired by Dolan during the Anucha Brown nonsense because he refused to cooperate with MSG and go along with the party line. He is a TV producer who now works for Bellator, NY Giants and now the Brooklyn Nets on a fill-in basis. So it worked out well for him, although the travel is murder.
Senior
And1: 404

Post#58 » by 1999 » Fri Jun 1, 2018 3:17 pm

Meat wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Meat wrote:doesn't matter, ever read the back of a ticket? management always reserves the right to eject anyone for any reason

Right, management reserves the right to kick your ass for no reason. :lol: Fcuk off, Meathead. You like sucking that corporate dick, huh?

come at me again, ill gape you so large herpes will be the least of your genital concerns

Ayoooooooo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#59 » by Meat » Fri Jun 1, 2018 3:29 pm

the sad part in all of this is Oakley who by all metrics was just an above average player.. is considered an all time knick great. God this franchise is pathetic
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#60 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jun 1, 2018 3:31 pm

I don't have the Oak footage, but I did record this showdown between Meat and Wingo:

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks