ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#741 » by Fury » Tue Jun 5, 2018 6:45 pm

Marcus wrote:So J-Prince is on his album rollout/#nobeef18 tour.

Should Push respect this and take the dub?

Do we expect Drake to mention NOTHING of the beef going forward? So we shouldn't hear anything on Scorpion in reference to anything outside of Sophie and Adonis?

If J Prince hadn't said "DRAKE WOULD'VE RELEASED CAREER ENDER TRACK" I would've been like aight hold up, but dude threw a shot then asked the ref to end the match. **** that dude. Pusha T should finish him off.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#742 » by Marcus » Tue Jun 5, 2018 7:00 pm

Fury wrote:

Do we expect Drake to mention NOTHING of the beef going forward? So we shouldn't hear anything on Scorpion in reference to anything outside of Sophie and Adonis?

If J Prince hadn't said "DRAKE WOULD'VE RELEASED CAREER ENDER TRACK" I would've been like aight hold up, but dude threw a shot then asked the ref to end the match. **** that dude. Pusha T should finish him off.

I want to give Drake more credit than this as a writer and as a rapper but I can't shake the feeling that he legit had nothing to send back at Push and called in the homie to hopefully have big homie talk with Push and put an end to all of this. That would whole heartedly surprise me because even if it wasn't hard enough to stop Push in his tracks I thought Drake at least had enough to go the rounds. His skeletons can't go much deeper than blackface and an unclaimed kid.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,368

Post#743 » by god shammgod » Tue Jun 5, 2018 7:59 pm

Marcus wrote:
Fury wrote:

I want to give Drake more credit than this as a writer and as a rapper but I can't shake the feeling that he legit had nothing to send back at Push and called in the homie to hopefully have big homie talk with Push and put an end to all of this. That would whole heartedly surprise me because even if it wasn't hard enough to stop Push in his tracks I thought Drake at least had enough to go the rounds. His skeletons can't go much deeper than blackface and an unclaimed kid.

Read on Twitter
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#744 » by Marcus » Tue Jun 5, 2018 8:04 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Fury wrote:

Read on Twitter

yeah but Joey touched on that during one of his 47 diss records. That ain't nearly as damaging as what's already out.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#745 » by god shammgod » Tue Jun 5, 2018 8:18 pm

Marcus wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Read on Twitter

yeah but Joey touched on that during one of his 47 diss records. That ain't nearly as damaging as what's already out.

well, nothing will beat the photo. no words can compete with that.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#746 » by E-Balla » Tue Jun 5, 2018 9:07 pm

Marcus wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Read on Twitter

No one listened to any of them. Push got everyone's ears. And nothing will ever be more damaging than that pic. Period. Never in the history of exposing has something that crazy come out.

Still if the beef is over make Back to Crack and be done Push. No need for Surgical Summer Pt. 2.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#747 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jun 5, 2018 9:11 pm

Dont let Drake absence from posting on the Gram distract you....he is in his feelings right now....

Dude was on Mission before being exposed....now he in hiding... :lol: :lol:

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#748 » by Marcus » Tue Jun 5, 2018 9:13 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Marcus wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

well, nothing will beat the photo. no words can compete with that.

exactly. Lets be absolutely transparent here, (Greenie only using you because you were such a huge fan) we take Greenie for instance, the plastic surgery didn't run her off, the deadbeat thing probably did damage but can be rectified i'm sure, reference tracks, ghost writing, soft content, emo music, whatever else shots Drake receives on the reg didn't run off a diehard like Greenie, blackface did that. How many fans of his are just here for the content and the blackface thing doesn't affect them in anyway whatsoever? Those fans needed to hear the guy they defend so staunchly get busy with the bars because they know he's capable. Him not replying in ANY way lyrically runs them off too. Drake needed to say something. Like I said even if he got dusted bar for bar there should have been a reply. That IG post should have been bars, could have said the same thing over a beat and earned a few passes in the process with some folks. This J-Prince thing might not be the saving grace it's being painted as. I'm sure whomever remains is here tentatively for Scorpion. He's going to have to try and fix this there and by "this" I mean speak on the current climate with him SANS Pusha T. Cause if Drake sticks to this "peace treaty" J-Prince has constructed and then go back on that on the album it's gonna nullify a lot of the impact no matter how fire it may turn out. He needs to touch on the dad thing, make some "i love my son and i'm sorry" music and point one of his 7 minute introspective barfest joints at this blackface situation and try to un-alienate his fallen fanbase. This game moves to fast and he's already been on top too long for people to not get him outta here over a misstep this big.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#749 » by Marcus » Tue Jun 5, 2018 9:16 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Dont let Drake absence from posting on the Gram distract you....he is in his feelings right now....

Dude was on Mission before being exposed....now he in hiding... :lol: :lol:

it'll be that way until the album drops and he writes an Illiad and Odyssey worth of bars explaining all he's going through.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#750 » by Marcus » Tue Jun 5, 2018 9:18 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Marcus wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

No one listened to any of them. Push got everyone's ears. And nothing will ever be more damaging than that pic. Period. Never in the history of exposing has something that crazy come out.

Still if the beef is over make Back to Crack and be done Push. No need for Surgical Summer Pt. 2.

Which is why he shouldn't have been afraid of anything else. fight back bruh!!! lol. J-Prince talking streets but Push wasn't going there, I just think Drake didn't have anything which to me is still shocking.
Watch More Basketball

E-Balla
RealGM

Post#751 » by E-Balla » Tue Jun 5, 2018 9:50 pm

Marcus wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Which is why he shouldn't have been afraid of anything else. fight back bruh!!! lol. J-Prince talking streets but Push wasn't going there, I just think Drake didn't have anything which to me is still shocking.

He had something but he's not dumb. Its 2018 if he hasn't one upped Push he's getting clowned relentlessly on twitter and he knows it. Push has his response too and we know that'll include more roasting of Drake. Basically Adidon was so good he has no way to respond.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#752 » by E-Balla » Tue Jun 5, 2018 9:52 pm

All Drake can do is release a [time] In [place] track and aim it at Push. People might be so hyped he dropped one they won't care if its nowhere near Adidon level.
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,867

Post#753 » by GettinitDone » Wed Jun 6, 2018 1:48 am

What do you think of this yay or nay? :D

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#754 » by god shammgod » Wed Jun 6, 2018 5:21 am

drake vs pusha was cool but now it's all about ketchup vs mustard. #freebutter
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,478

Post#755 » by j4remi » Wed Jun 6, 2018 12:50 pm

god shammgod wrote:drake vs pusha was cool but now it's all about ketchup vs mustard. #freebutter

Dude that put this together (also wrote and voiced the Mustard) is my favorite battle rapper of all time. Youngest Scribble Jam winner (may have been dethroned after by an Australian named Justice at the best damned Scribble Jam of all time); World Rap Champion with Thesaurus twice; Spin the Mic winner; KOTD champion and he actually makes pretty good music.

My favorite battle round of the written era
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#756 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Jun 6, 2018 3:08 pm

Drake is still on top at the billboards, right? Common fans don't care about this mess here. He'll be fine. Greenie might not be back, but many others will. Wasn't Ether supposed to kill Jay-Z? and I say that as a Nas fan. Losing a battle and being exposed is meaningless these days.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,011

Post#757 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 6, 2018 4:11 pm

drake sent lil twist to respond back for him... lolol
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#758 » by Fury » Wed Jun 6, 2018 4:22 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:drake sent lil twist to respond back for him... lolol
Read on Twitter

Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,539

Post#759 » by Meat » Wed Jun 6, 2018 4:41 pm

what the **** is a lil twisty?
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#760 » by Greenie » Wed Jun 6, 2018 5:26 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:drake sent lil twist to respond back for him... lolol
Read on Twitter

They are all going to get involved.
Wayne is coming.

This **** all started as Cash Money Vs The Clipse.

I’m not surprised at all.

Looking back, if Drake would have just sat there and ate his food when Push was coming at baby and Wayne then he wouldn’t be KO’d right now.

Return to New York Knicks