ImageImageImageImageImage

Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#1 » by taj2133 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:40 pm

"I think they're scared," said Chris Mannix. "I think they're scared and should be scared to some degree of Kyrie Irving walking in 2019. I know he had a great year, but you know there are people in Cleveland that will tell you that the Knicks should be considered a real threat for Kyrie Irving. Because Kyrie had talked about it, about playing with the Knicks with some players in that Cleveland locker room from what I was told.
"You know things can change. Obviously you go to Boston and you become the face of the franchise. You're on a winning team. Maybe the mindset has changed significantly?"

Shams Charania replied to Mannix's assertion with the expectation from Irving that he would be with the Celtics over the long-term.

"I know Kyrie Irving's mindset when the trade happened was 'Boston is my home for the foreseeable future.'"
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250117/Celtics-Have-Concerns-About-Kyrie-Irving-Re-Signing-In-2019
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,350

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#2 » by F N 11 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:43 pm

Using the knicks as leverage through the media a full year ahead is new heights.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#3 » by mpharris36 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:45 pm

K P 6 wrote:Using the knicks as leverage through the media a full year ahead is new heights.

i mean he is from jersey...he probably grew up a knicks fan...who knows. I'll take it.

Trae Young can go kick rocks. Go Mikal and then gear up for Kyrie in 2019.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#5 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:46 pm

K P 6 wrote:Using the knicks as leverage through the media a full year ahead is new heights.

Its not for leverage. Its facts.
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#6 » by Newyorknick94 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:47 pm

Kyrie/Burke
Frank/Dot
Mikal/Tim
Kp/Vet FA
2019 pick/Vet FA
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#7 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:47 pm

I love this song.

Yall don’t be realize how much Jersey idolizes Kyrie. Trust me I went to college in jersey, am dating a hooper female from jersey. They treat him like a god. I honestly think it’s gonna happen.

Top 3 pick this year + Kyrie next off season and we’re talking about being a contender.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,446

Post#8 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:47 pm

At worst it's incentive for the Knicks not to give out any dumb contracts this offseason. Should at least keep space open. Would obviously love to sign him, but can't see why he would leave a stacked Boston team.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#9 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:48 pm

People in the Orange & Newark treat Kyrie like a heroic figure. Kyrie is a super smart guy. I believe.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#10 » by Meat » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:49 pm

Bring him and Kat home
F N 11
RealGM

Post#11 » by F N 11 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:49 pm

Still has to show he can be healthy. He comes to NY we wont know how to act.

Kyrie/Burke
Frank/Hardaway
Mikal
2019 Pick?
KP
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#12 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:50 pm

Mecca wrote:I love this song.

Yall don’t be realize how much Jersey idolizes Kyrie. Trust me I went to college in jersey, am dating a hooper female from jersey. They treat him like a god. I honestly think it’s gonna happen.

Top 3 pick this year + Kyrie next off season and we’re talking about being a contender.

Only thing I worry about with Kyrie is health and we'd have him entering his 30's... but gah damn a Kyrie/Frank backcourt with potentially Mikal, THJ and KP in the cut too... oh boy that squad would be a problem....
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#13 » by Newyorknick94 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:53 pm

Kyrie opens up a lot of possibilities I’m sure guys are gonna wanna play with him and kp
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,526

Post#14 » by Lord Commander » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:56 pm

taj2133 wrote:"I think they're scared," said Chris Mannix. "I think they're scared and should be scared to some degree of Kyrie Irving walking in 2019. I know he had a great year, but you know there are people in Cleveland that will tell you that the Knicks should be considered a real threat for Kyrie Irving. Because Kyrie had talked about it, about playing with the Knicks with some players in that Cleveland locker room from what I was told.
"You know things can change. Obviously you go to Boston and you become the face of the franchise. You're on a winning team. Maybe the mindset has changed significantly?"

Shams Charania replied to Mannix's assertion with the expectation from Irving that he would be with the Celtics over the long-term.

"I know Kyrie Irving's mindset when the trade happened was 'Boston is my home for the foreseeable future.'"
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250117/Celtics-Have-Concerns-About-Kyrie-Irving-Re-Signing-In-2019

BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,394

Post#15 » by BadNewsBarnes » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:56 pm

Boston maybe should be more concerned when LeBron leaves Cleveland for Golden State.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,834

Post#16 » by BowlRips » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:57 pm

Yup. the Knicks thinking they have a shot at one of these max players (whether they do or dont) is great because it will prevent them from blowing there load on someone stupid going forward.
I dont think it is out of the realm of possibility. Player movement is about to get crazy anything could happen and one of these stars might want to take the NY market
F N 11
RealGM

Post#17 » by F N 11 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 2:58 pm

If the knicks roll out only 1 year deals, stretch Noah, and waive Lance for his last year. We looking at over 40 million of cap space In 2019 believe.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#18 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 3:00 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:I love this song.

Only thing I worry about with Kyrie is health and we'd have him entering his 30's... but gah damn a Kyrie/Frank backcourt with potentially Mikal, THJ and KP in the cut too... oh boy that squad would be a problem....

Kyrie will have a long career ALA Chris Paul. I think getting Kyrie at 30 is fine. Let me dream for a second and we trade our 2019 unprotected pick + Mudiay + whatever for Bamba or Bagley.

KP/Oquinn
Bagley/Penava (our 2nd rnd pick. Kid will be a stud if given a shot)
Mikal B/Hardaway/Dotson
Frank/Hardaway/Dotson
Kyrie/Burke/Defensive G

Im cool with bringing Super Cool Beas back to the garden as well on a friendly deal. I kind of want to see Beasley go to Golden State and chase a ring.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,836

Post#19 » by robillionaire » Fri Jun 8, 2018 3:01 pm

K P 6 wrote:If the knicks roll out only 1 year deals, stretch Noah, and waive Lance for his last year. We looking at over 40 million of cap space In 2019 believe.

finding a way to get rid off Lee would also help
F N 11
RealGM

Post#20 » by F N 11 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 3:02 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:Kyrie opens up a lot of possibilities I’m sure guys are gonna wanna play with him and kp

plus a lotto pick this year and next year. Kyrie would be Prime Kyrie at age 27. 3rd year Frank. Healthy KP. Coaching philosophies already set with the new coaches. We can only hope. ONLY 1 year deals from now on. We CANNOT sign Kyle for no big money if we want 40 million plus for 2019.

Return to New York Knicks