ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Knicks off season thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#741 » by jstudabaka » Fri Jun 8, 2018 5:44 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:LeBron is not coming to the Knicks...stop.

There are literally 29 better destinations to go to.

The Suns are a better destination then us? Okay.

What is there time to talk about again? There's nothing major going on that we've halted the thread with our little fantasy discussion.

The Suns are a much better destination. They have Devin Booker, the 1st overall pick, a great medical staff, and better weather.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#742 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:09 pm

jstudabaka wrote:Do ya'll think KP has any trade value right now? Would a team give us a top-15 pick for him?

He would 100% net a top 15 pick. I mean KP>Robert Williams. Any team would do that. Question is...could he net a top 3 pick
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer

Post#743 » by jstudabaka » Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:15 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:Do ya'll think KP has any trade value right now? Would a team give us a top-15 pick for him?

He would 100% net a top 15 pick. I mean KP>Robert Williams. Any team would do that. Question is...could he net a top 3 pick

I would take top-10
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#744 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Jun 8, 2018 7:05 pm

jstudabaka wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

I would take top-10

I wouldn't. Top 10 isn't a guarantee you get a player of KP's caliber. Chances are, you wont unless it's top-3 and even then its a gamble. I'm one of the few that would consider trading KP because of long-term injury concern but I wouldnt settle for anything less than a stellar return because he's still a star and just 22 y/o
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,568

Post#745 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jun 9, 2018 3:03 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#746 » by knickstape4ever » Sat Jun 9, 2018 3:19 pm

https://nypost.com/2018/06/09/bill-bradley-knows-one-knicks-do-over-phil-jackson-would-like/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

The final straw in owner James Dolan’s eyes became Jackson’s attempt to trade Porzingis on draft night in the aftermath of the exit-meeting blowoff.

According to an NBA source, Jackson had once tried to set up a dinner between Bradley, Porzingis and himself but Porzingis canceled.

interesting tidbit about the KP/Phil relationship. Still think Phil had the right idea trying to trade him. The rumored return was INSANE :banghead:
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer

Post#747 » by jstudabaka » Sat Jun 9, 2018 3:51 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

I would take top-10

I wouldn't. Top 10 isn't a guarantee you get a player of KP's caliber. Chances are, you wont unless it's top-3 and even then its a gamble. I'm one of the few that would consider trading KP because of long-term injury concern but I wouldnt settle for anything less than a stellar return because he's still a star and just 22 y/o

At this point, I would trade KP for a 2nd-round pick, come to think of it, just to avoid the franchise committing to him with a big long-term extension. The warning signs are all there that he can not stay healthy.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#748 » by knickstape4ever » Sat Jun 9, 2018 3:52 pm

jstudabaka wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:
I would take top-10

At this point, I would trade KP for a 2nd-round pick, come to think of it, just to avoid the franchise committing to him with a big long-term extension. The warning signs are all there that he can not stay healthy.

no offense, but that's just idiotic
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer

Post#749 » by jstudabaka » Sat Jun 9, 2018 3:58 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

Why? I don't want to see the franchise saddled with an albatross contract that could run as high as 5 years, 157-million. His first three years, there's seldom been a time when there wasn't something wrong with him. Even when he's not missing games, there's fatigue, the elbow, etc. I'd rather just start over. Obviously you try to get the most you can for him, but I just don't see KP as a player that can be counted on as a franchise cornerstone.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#750 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 4:37 pm

Anything on Mudiay/Hardaway? What are they doing? Mudiay looked out of shape in the one pickup game he was playing. I hope Hardaway is in the gym working on that 3 ball.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,053

Post#751 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:05 pm

jstudabaka wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:

Why? I don't want to see the franchise saddled with an albatross contract that could run as high as 5 years, 157-million. His first three years, there's seldom been a time when there wasn't something wrong with him. Even when he's not missing games, there's fatigue, the elbow, etc. I'd rather just start over. Obviously you try to get the most you can for him, but I just don't see KP as a player that can be counted on as a franchise cornerstone.

Would you max out Kyrie?
:beer: RIP mags
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer

Post#752 » by jstudabaka » Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:21 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

Would you max out Kyrie?

Nope
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,568

Post#753 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:25 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Anything on Mudiay/Hardaway? What are they doing? Mudiay looked out of shape in the one pickup game he was playing. I hope Hardaway is in the gym working on that 3 ball.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#754 » by knickstape4ever » Sat Jun 9, 2018 6:41 pm

jstudabaka wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:

Even if you give him a huge contract, he's still tradable, as proven by Blake Griffin (who is injury prone himself). To say that you'd trade him for just a 2nd round pick is idiotic because the value of that 2nd rounder is NOWHERE NEAR what KP's value is.

Would you trade Embiid for a 2nd rounder too?
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,466

Post#755 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:00 pm

I know this is not real but the idea is temptin..
Read on Twitter

Would you guys do this??
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#756 » by knickstape4ever » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:10 am

Read on Twitter
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer

Post#757 » by jstudabaka » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:24 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

Even if you give him a huge contract, he's still tradable, as proven by Blake Griffin (who is injury prone himself). To say that you'd trade him for just a 2nd round pick is idiotic because the value of that 2nd rounder is NOWHERE NEAR what KP's value is.

Would you trade Embiid for a 2nd rounder too?

Here's the thing about KP being still tradeable if you give him a huge contract--the Knicks may still be able to trade him if he's mediocre or injured, but it means they're likely going to have to take some bad or mediocre salary back to move him. So you're stuck on this treadmill of just cleaning up or reacting to bad moves and not being able to plan long-term to build a legit team. I would obviously want more than a 2nd-round pick, but if you put a gun to my head and asked if I'd rather the Knicks just dumped KP or gave him a 5 yr/157-million extension, I'd rather just dump KP. Each year with the team he had a stellar opening month then scuffled the rest of the season.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#758 » by Tron Carter » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:27 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:I know this is not real but the idea is temptin..
Read on Twitter

Would you guys do this??

fuuuuukkk no. this bum’s 140 mill extension just kicks in next season.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,392

Post#759 » by Synciere » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:51 pm

What happened to all the Blatt fans? Why didn't he get one of these jobs that opened up?
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#760 » by Oscirus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:I know this is not real but the idea is temptin..
Read on Twitter

Would you guys do this??

fuuuuukkk no. this bum’s 140 mill extension just kicks in next season.

In a heartbeat, at least Wiggins is an asset, Noah's just an albatross hanging around our necks.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid

Return to New York Knicks