ImageImageImageImageImage

Official KP ACL Rehabilitation Tracking Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Re: Official KP ACL Rehabilitation Tracking Thread 

Post#181 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jun 9, 2018 11:34 am

bringinhinkie wrote:Alright so after all my bitching about KP's strength and conditioning both pre and post injury, I decided to make a video on the topic. So all of you get to see my midget ass screaming into the camera Stephen A. style (not quite). Please share.

Flame away:

;feature=youtu.be

CharlesOakley wrote:I'd like to see KP go work with Louie Simmons for 3-6 months. He needs to lay down 20 lbs of solid muscle at least.

I couldn't agree more. Louie Simmons is a strength and conditioning genius. One of his best quotes is something along the lines of:

(Paraphrasing) "A good coach/trainer should be judged by his/her injury list, not his/her client list."

Couldn't be more fitting in KP's situation.

Send this to KP?
:beer: RIP mags
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#182 » by Fat » Sat Jun 9, 2018 5:07 pm

KP needs to be shut down the entire season or at least the 1st half
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#183 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Jun 9, 2018 6:15 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:Alright so after all my bitching about KP's strength and conditioning both pre and post injury, I decided to make a video on the topic. So all of you get to see my midget ass screaming into the camera Stephen A. style (not quite). Please share.

Flame away:

;feature=youtu.be

CharlesOakley wrote:I'd like to see KP go work with Louie Simmons for 3-6 months. He needs to lay down 20 lbs of solid muscle at least.

I couldn't agree more. Louie Simmons is a strength and conditioning genius. One of his best quotes is something along the lines of:

(Paraphrasing) "A good coach/trainer should be judged by his/her injury list, not his/her client list."

Send this to KP?

i had already contacted Janis, but received no response.. i don't want to keep pushing it as if I have an agenda.. I just wanted to get the information out there (at the very least)

i obviously hope he comes across it .. but at the end of the day, he is going to trust his guys because "they have worked with pro athletes before" .. which means absolutely nothing, but it means more than some guy (me) randomly uploading a youtube video.. which is why i tried to give as much detail as possible
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#184 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jun 9, 2018 6:56 pm

bringinhinkie wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Flame away:

;feature=youtu.be

Send this to KP?

i had already contacted Janis, but received no response.. i don't want to keep pushing it as if I have an agenda.. I just wanted to get the information out there (at the very least)

i obviously hope he comes across it .. but at the end of the day, he is going to trust his guys because "they have worked with pro athletes before" .. which means absolutely nothing, but it means more than some guy (me) randomly uploading a youtube video.. which is why i tried to give as much detail as possible

Admittedly...I thought you were crazy at first. The non contact part isn't true IMO but, whatever.

You did a great job making your case in that video.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#185 » by Phish Tank » Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:31 pm

bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#186 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:31 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Send this to KP?

Admittedly...I thought you were crazy at first. The non contact part isn't true IMO but, whatever.

i am crazy :)

whether his foot landed on the foot or not - i've heard individuals preach both.. but imo the point is it is moot.. my point is he has an aggressive valgus collapse that triggers even more under stress/tension.. individuals with even a slight valgus collapse are at high risk for acl tears .. his is off the charts bad.. (for those who don't know, valgus collapse = inward knee collapse, which is the cause of most, if not all non-contact acl tears/knee blowups)

on the other hand, GOOD training incorporates literally hours of correcting this issue .. on every single applicable movement, the collapse is addressed and even trained against tension (hence the bands)

what happens over time is two things

1. the athlete builds up the actual muscles that externally rotates to hip to prevent the collapse (glute medius/minimus,etc)
2. just as important - the athlete has spent so much time training patterns properly (no collapse), that he or she subconsciously no longer collapses .. ever .. this is so key and so overlooked by trainers and doctors that live by the book, but don't live the lifestyle (training/competing themselves, or working with active/competitive clientele)

if anyone doubts this, just perform those 3 movements i showed for a month.. and perform that cue on every single:

1. deadlift variation
2. squat variations
3. single leg whatever variation
4. bench variation
5.. anything that has a grounded foot- and you will see what i mean

correcting a valgus collapse is imprinting .. it is more than muscle, it is subconsciously "moving better"
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#187 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:42 pm

Phish Tank wrote:

ohhhhh it's out - good looks

i skimmed it:

1. still collapsing on bench press with dr coker
2. the next doc has him BANDED above the knees (good), but doing a machine press var which wouldn't be my choice, but he is friggin banded in the right spot at least.. my opinion, the band used in the video is too strong that he doesn't seem to be externally rotate against it fully.. but again, at least someone is addressing it on some level
3. 14:35, collapsing on an assisted squat.. the band is there, but he isn't being cued to drive against it.. and again, all quadricep dominant

not much else to comment on (other than the fact that he bench presses with no scapula activation - which isn't good by any means, but has little to do with his acl)

still less than ideal overall exercise selection.. someone earlier mentioned throwing him to louie simmons - which would be absolutely hilarious watching the 2 interact (if you know anything about louie).. but louie would train him similar to the way i would - absolutely blasting posterior chain/external rot of the hip/building the scap
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#188 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:42 pm

bringinhinkie wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:

i am crazy :)

whether his foot landed on the foot or not - i've heard individuals preach both.. but imo the point is it is moot.. my point is he has an aggressive valgus collapse that triggers even more under stress/tension.. individuals with even a slight valgus collapse are at high risk for acl tears .. his is off the charts bad.. (for those who don't know, valgus collapse = inward knee collapse, which is the cause of most, if not all non-contact acl tears/knee blowups)

on the other hand, GOOD training incorporates literally hours of correcting this issue .. on every single applicable movement, the collapse is addressed and even trained against tension (hence the bands)

what happens over time is two things

1. the athlete builds up the actual muscles that externally rotates to hip to prevent the collapse (glute medius/minimus,etc)
2. just as important - the athlete has spent so much time training patterns properly (no collapse), that he or she subconsciously no longer collapses .. ever .. this is so key and so overlooked by trainers and doctors that live by the book, but don't live the lifestyle (training/competing themselves, or working with active/competitive clientele)

if anyone doubts this, just perform those 3 movements i showed for a month.. and perform that cue on every single:

1. deadlift variation
2. squat variations
3. single leg whatever variation
4. bench variation
5.. anything that has a grounded foot- and you will see what i mean

correcting a valgus collapse is imprinting .. it is more than muscle, it is subconsciously "moving better"

I'm buying your argument. I believe you. I don't know if they have him doing those exercises or not but, I hope they do. Keep trying to make your case with Team KP.
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,279

Post#189 » by Jellybeans » Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:44 pm

So he had best tear possible
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#190 » by knickstape4ever » Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:56 pm

Phish Tank wrote:

they should put subtitles for when they're speaking Latvian

edit: nvmd had to change settings
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,879

Post#191 » by GONYK » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:00 pm

KP openly said that he's targeting playing next season in the video.
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,279

Post#192 » by Jellybeans » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:09 pm

GONYK wrote:KP openly said that he's targeting playing next season in the video.

He said that he was allready faster 2-3 weeks then others like few week after surgery.In the end it could make 1-2 months faster then other.
Lizard :D
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Re: RE: Re: Official KP ACL Rehabilitation Tracking Thread 

Post#193 » by GONYK » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:32 pm

bringinhinkie wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

i skimmed it:

2. the next doc has him BANDED above the knees (good), but doing a machine press var which wouldn't be my choice, but he is friggin banded in the right spot at least.. my opinion, the band used in the video is too strong that he doesn't seem to be externally rotate against it fully.. but again, at least someone is addressing it on some level
3. 14:35, collapsing on an assisted squat.. the band is there, but he isn't being cued to drive against it.. and again, all quadricep dominant

not much else to comment on (other than the fact that he bench presses with no scapula activation - which isn't good by any means, but has little to do with his acl)

still less than ideal overall exercise selection.. someone earlier mentioned throwing him to louie simmons - which would be absolutely hilarious watching the 2 interact (if you know anything about louie).. but louie would train him similar to the way i would - absolutely blasting posterior chain/external rot of the hip/building the scap

What's your thoughts on the core work they have him doing?
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#194 » by bringinhinkie » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:57 am

GONYK wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

i skimmed it:

14:45| sit-up var w/ hip adduction
14:50| straight leg raises w/ hip adduction
15:00| supine hollow variation w/ some hip flexion ..my preference here would be traditional hollow work with less hip flexion and the neck a bit more packed

Nothing that will hurt him .. not exactly the bread and butter of core work, but it is not of concern IMO.. only concern would be too much hip flexion in an individual that is already hip flexion dominant.. but nothing that will aggravate the knee directly..

it's tough to judge because i havent seen the rest of what he is given.. i would hope he is getting some form of legitimate hip extension (be it banded / bodyweight / an extreme example would be the reverse hyper)

was tough to tell what the very last guy was giving him at the end of the video .. i wouldn't classify it as core - looked like they were building up the cross pattern when he was on one leg, with the other leg in hip flexion and one arm overhead with the roller.. nothing bad here

overall what i see is, too many cooks in the kitchen.. you got coker who is attempting to blast traditional hypertrophy (with no attention to detail).. you got the guy in the middle of the video giving some core work - nothing bad but again there is better - and then you have the guy at the end giving stuff that borderlines on "too cute" ..

my issue is, there is just so much basic basic stuff, that he isn;t being given.. so many basic concepts not being implemented.. and the attention to detail/execution isn't there.. all he needs is one good trainer that "gets it"..

there are plenty of guys in NYC and jersey that fit this bill.. but at the same time, there are even more trainers that are out there, considered legit, that don't fit the bill.. so it is hard to blame KP.. because there is no way for him to know, until he gets the real deal, then the light-bulb goes off

strength and conditioning is like modern-day karate.. it is an extremely watered down profession
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Official KP ACL Rehabilitation Tracking Thread 

Post#195 » by GONYK » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:12 am

bringinhinkie wrote:
GONYK wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:

i skimmed it:

15:00| supine hollow variation w/ some hip flexion ..my preference here would be traditional hollow work with less hip flexion and the neck a bit more packed

Nothing that will hurt him .. not exactly the bread and butter of core work, but it is not of concern IMO.. only concern would be too much hip flexion in an individual that is already hip flexion dominant.. but nothing that will aggravate the knee directly..

it's tough to judge because i havent seen the rest of what he is given.. i would hope he is getting some form of legitimate hip extension (be it banded / bodyweight / an extreme example would be the reverse hyper)

was tough to tell what the very last guy was giving him at the end of the video .. i wouldn't classify it as core - looked like they were building up the cross pattern when he was on one leg, with the other leg in hip flexion and one arm overhead with the roller.. nothing bad here

overall what i see is, too many cooks in the kitchen.. you got coker who is attempting to blast traditional hypertrophy (with no attention to detail).. you got the guy in the middle of the video giving some core work - nothing bad but again there is better - and then you have the guy at the end giving stuff that borderlines on "too cute" ..

my issue is, there is just so much basic basic stuff, that he isn;t being given.. so many basic concepts not being implemented.. and the attention to detail/execution isn't there.. all he needs is one good trainer that "gets it"..

there are plenty of guys in NYC and jersey that fit this bill.. but at the same time, there are even more trainers that are out there, considered legit, that don't fit the bill.. so it is hard to blame KP.. because there is no way for him to know, until he gets the real deal, then the light-bulb goes off

strength and conditioning is like modern-day karate.. it is an extremely watered down profession
Thanks for the breakdown.

I'm hesitant about Coker. Just looking at his wall with jerseys of other clients he's had, there is a lot of injury history there.

Blake Griffin, Allan Houston, etc...
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,567

Post#196 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Coker is a shyster. I’m filled with dread watching these KP videos. Amateur hour
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#197 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:00 pm

bringinhinkie wrote:
GONYK wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:

i skimmed it:

You need to stalk KP!!! We can't have him training and rehabbing wrong!! Get out there and hide in some bushes!! Stalk his gym. His home. His job!! Get it done!!!
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#198 » by bringinhinkie » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:
GONYK wrote:What's your thoughts on the core work they have him doing?

You need to stalk KP!!! We can't have him training and rehabbing wrong!! Get out there and hide in some bushes!! Stalk his gym. His home. His job!! Get it done!!!

lmao - naaa not my style.. not even my style to post that video.. and it has received opposition (if you saw my reddit post) .. but it's all good - everyone will have "their professional opinion"

i just felt the need to call bullsh*t - especially when a young star who has worked his whole life to get where he is, is at (IMO) high risk .. i've watched ball long enough to know when someone is the real deal .. while still a bit raw (especially his shot selection), i honestly see a HoF-caliber talent.. and by talent i mean everything (skillset, mentality, work ethic)..

for all the sh*t people give his brothers, they have instilled lots of good stuff into KP .. they want him to succeed and honestly cannot be blamed for who trains him.. they cannot be expected to know who is legit, who isn't.. which is why you see him working with so many different individuals.. so it's not like they aren't trying..

like i said, strength and conditioning is like modern-day karate.. most of the instructors/practices are bleh, but at the same time you still have guys like wonderboy thompson / GSP out there utilizing legitimate karate concepts on an elite level (obviously mixed in with MT/BJJ/wrestling/traditinoal boxing/etc)

if he goes down again, i have no doubt he will find someone legit to work with.. and even if he does suffer the worst (a blown acl), it is STILL recoverable even beyond his current capacity.. because like i have alluded to, his current capacity is operating at a fraction of its potential
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,782

Post#199 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Jellybeans wrote:
GONYK wrote:KP openly said that he's targeting playing next season in the video.

He said that he was allready faster 2-3 weeks then others like few week after surgery.In the end it could make 1-2 months faster then other.
Lizard :D

He wants to blow that knee out again next season instead of in 2020. Good times.

On the plus side, KP's gonna be the Knicks very own Embiid, missing tons of games and bringing in the lottery picks, though of course not ones 1-5, because the org is too stupid to lose correctly. But a raft of #8 picks is coming up with KP missing another season or two.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#200 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:28 pm

We just neeed "Bringhinkiehome" To get into a casual conversation with Perry and Mills the same way Delvic did. Realgm is on the path to saving the New York Knickerbockers.

Return to New York Knicks