ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3581 » by Mecca » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:58 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:
Mecca wrote:Per source I have.

Yankees offered Frazier or Andujar + Florial for DeGrom.

Mets said Torres or no deal.

Yankees said no deal.

It is a seller's market for pitchers and you aren't getting the best one for 2 prospects. Many teams would offer much more than that for deGrom. That offer is a joke and the Yankees wouldn't even make it.

I can wait. DeGrom can pitch like this till he's 35. Of that, I have no doubt. The other thing I have little doubt of is that the Yankees will never make it into the WS with that pitching staff, much less win it.

Tick tock, bitches. :lol:

Only thing is, DeGrom will be FA in 2 years and will demand insane contract that Mets won't match.

I do agree that that Yankees offer was terrible.

My best offer as a Yankee fan:

Andujar, Frazier, Sheffield and Chance Adams
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,416

Post#3582 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:04 am

Mecca wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:
It is a seller's market for pitchers and you aren't getting the best one for 2 prospects. Many teams would offer much more than that for deGrom. That offer is a joke and the Yankees wouldn't even make it.

I can wait. DeGrom can pitch like this till he's 35. Of that, I have no doubt. The other thing I have little doubt of is that the Yankees will never make it into the WS with that pitching staff, much less win it.

Only thing is, DeGrom will be FA in 2 years and will demand insane contract that Mets won't match.

Previously, you were on board with Torres as part of the deal, if I recall. (Don't make you find that post, lol)
Free Palestine
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#3583 » by Mecca » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:06 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Previously, you were on board with Torres as part of the deal, if I recall. (Don't make you find that post, lol)

I never was haha. That was my argument with mp and bno. He was 1 player unavailable as he's one of our best players on MLB level.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3584 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:12 am

Mecca wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I never was haha. That was my argument with mp and bno. He was 1 player unavailable as he's one of our best players on MLB level.

You "And1'd" my following post from p. 179 which means you agreed with it! :lol: :lol: :lol: So it's a done deal!

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Mecca wrote:Per source I have.

Yankees offered Frazier or Andujar + Florial for DeGrom.

Mets said Torres or no deal.

Yankees said no deal.

Good. :lol: Mets should've walked away from that. I want Andujar, Torres and either Adams or Sheffield.
Free Palestine
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#3585 » by GEOLINK » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:51 am

If you want Andujar AND Torres than I want Thor in that trade as well.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3586 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:05 am

GEOLINK wrote:If you want Andujar AND Torres than I want Thor in that trade as well.

Then we want Sheffield and Adams.
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,916

Post#3587 » by blueNorange » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:17 am

GEOLINK wrote:If you want Andujar AND Torres than I want Thor in that trade as well.

lol who's man is this?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3588 » by blueNorange » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 am

something positive, hopefully he skips a level and is in double a.

Read on Twitter
LOL Y U MAD THO?
KennySkyWalker
Senior
And1: 200

Post#3589 » by KennySkyWalker » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:25 pm

blueNorange wrote:something positive, hopefully he skips a level and is in double a.

Read on Twitter

He isn't going to skip a level because he's in low A. I'm assuming he's been going about his business refining his mechanics and working on spotting the ball much better. He's a big lefty so they probably have a lot to work on, plus he needs innings. He will be in St Lucie very soon. Next season is when you will see him rise quickly if he continues the way he's going. No need to rush him right now since starting pitching is not the main concern atm. Now if we trade deGrom and or Syndergaard, then maybe things change. Doubtful though, because he's a pitcher.
KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#3590 » by KennySkyWalker » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:30 pm

We do not want to trade with you because you guys will end up fleecing us. Plus, if we are trading deGrom then we need would need back at least another Gleybar Torres type prospect which you do not have. Keep in mind deGrom is worth a lot more than Chapman. Chapman was a rental, deGrom is still controllable for 1 1/2 years. Plus starting pitching is in high demand with little on the market in the way of quality. The Yankees are going to have to pay much more for deGrom than the Cubs paid for Chapman.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,203

Post#3591 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Mecca wrote:
Lotsix wrote:
Lord Commander wrote:Barring injury in 2018, deGrom will pitch to his career norms rendering this debate about who's better, foolish. One year sig bet.
Mecca wrote:
What’s the bet? How does It quantify?

I'll 1 up it, barring injury Harvey will have a better season then the yankees ace. Name the bet, One year sig bet is fine.

Lol, deal. 1 year sig bet.

ERA/WHIP/K per 9/QS

Long term injury voids bet from both sides.

Harvey isn't even with the team anymore!! :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
RShahNyC89
Junior
And1: 404

Post#3592 » by RShahNyC89 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:46 pm

I think at this point you gotta tear it down and rebuild. We're a lot behind the Braves and Phillies where that is concerned but it'll be fine since we have talent we can trade for blue chip prospects.

We should be aiming at building a rotation with Syndergaard as the ace, and in regards to our lineup outside of Conforto/Rosario/Nimmo we should have no holdovers.

Degrom should be made available to the highest bidder. Yankees don't wanna cough up Torres whatever, I'm sure we can get another team to beat their offer of Andujar/Frazier +.

The rest of the vets like Cespy, Cabrera, Frazier, Bruce, AGonz all should be made available.

I wanna see

C - Mesoracco
1B - Alonso vs. Smith
2B - Whatever is left, Guillorme?
SS - Rosario
3B - Flores
LF - Conforto
CF - Lagares
RF - Nimmo

Lets see what we have in terms of controllable talent, and lets obtain blue chip prospects that will allow us to really contend in a couple of years.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3593 » by blueNorange » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:53 pm

KennySkyWalker wrote:
blueNorange wrote:something positive, hopefully he skips a level and is in double a.

Read on Twitter

He isn't going to skip a level because he's in low A. I'm assuming he's been going about his business refining his mechanics and working on spotting the ball much better. He's a big lefty so they probably have a lot to work on, plus he needs innings. He will be in St Lucie very soon. Next season is when you will see him rise quickly if he continues the way he's going. No need to rush him right now since starting pitching is not the main concern atm. Now if we trade deGrom and or Syndergaard, then maybe things change. Doubtful though, because he's a pitcher.

some scouts say he should have never started in this level because he's way too advanced for the hitters.

put him in double a, give him a challenge.

cut to 30 seconds

LOL Y U MAD THO?
KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#3594 » by KennySkyWalker » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:10 pm

blueNorange wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:

Read on Twitter

some scouts say he should have never started in this level because he's way too advanced for the hitters.

cut to 30 seconds

Since you follow the minors a lot closer than I do, I was always wondering why someone with his pedigree started off at two very low levels coming out of college. There has to be a reason why they kept him in Brooklyn and low A? They must have seen something mechanically that they were trying to correct before he really begins his pro career. Nothing really starts until you make it to Port St Lucie. I never heard of someone going from low A to AA, have you?

I'm not saying Peterson isn't ready for the huge jump in talent he will face, but at this point, I don't even think he has enough innings under his belt where they would consider him for the rotation to start next season. That is why to me at least it makes no difference if he's in Port St. Lucie instead of Binghamton right now. Soon he will be in St Lucie. Next year he will begin at AA and will be on the fast track towards the majors. That's just the way I see it playing out based on the schedule they have him on now.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3595 » by blueNorange » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:15 pm

bit of news on a-gone, LOLLL @ reub and hawthorne

The Mets also are mulling how long they want to go with Adrian Gonzalez — yet another struggling lefty hitter — at first base. Bruce, or perhaps at some point even Cespedes, could move to first to alleviate the outfield logjam. Plus, they have to figure how to get Wilmer Flores back on the roster with Jose Reyes and Jose Bautista facing roster jeopardy, plus the Mets still carrying three catchers
LOL Y U MAD THO?
KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#3596 » by KennySkyWalker » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Matz is the most frustrating pitcher to watch. It finally looks like things are starting to come around, yet he cannot escape that one inning of doom that always sinks him. His mistake pitches always get tattooed and of course, he manages to leave a few of those hangers right in the middle of the plate each game. Plus he isn't the greatest at spotting his pitches. Instead of the curveball, he should get with Al Leiter and learn how to throw a good cutter.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3597 » by blueNorange » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:19 pm

KennySkyWalker wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:

cut to 30 seconds

Since you follow the minors a lot closer than I do, I was always wondering why someone with his pedigree started off at two very low levels coming out of college. There has to be a reason why they kept him in Brooklyn and low A? They must have seen something mechanically that they were trying to correct before he really begins his pro career. Nothing really starts until you make it to Port St Lucie. I never heard of someone going from low A to AA, have you?

I'm not saying Peterson isn't ready for the huge jump in talent he will face, but at this point, I don't even think he has enough innings under his belt where they would consider him for the rotation to start next season. That is why to me at least it makes no difference if he's in Port St. Lucie instead of Binghamton right now. Soon he will be in St Lucie. Next year he will begin at AA and will be on the fast track towards the majors. That's just the way I see it playing out based on the schedule they have him on now.

1. jeff runs the cyclones, some say the mets draft is always subpar because they go for a lot of college bats just to stack the cyclones roster.

2. mets have always pushed players slowly. like with one of the top ifa free agents they signed last year ronny mauricio. instead of being sent to dominican summer league team he's gonna play in the gulf coast league for some reason.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
KennySkyWalker
Senior

Post#3598 » by KennySkyWalker » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:34 pm

blueNorange wrote:
KennySkyWalker wrote:
blueNorange wrote:some scouts say he should have never started in this level because he's way too advanced for the hitters.

cut to 30 seconds

1. jeff runs the cyclones, some say the mets draft is always subpar because they go for a lot of college bats just to stack the cyclones roster.

2. mets have always pushed players slowly. like with one of the top ifa free agents they signed last year ronny mauricio. instead of being sent to dominican summer league team he's gonna play in the gulf coast league for some reason.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Cyclones as to who they draft. Although nothing would surprise me when it comes to Jeff, but that is just idiotic if he prioritizes the Cyclones over the Mets. Have we taken a lot of college bats early in the draft? I didn't think we did. We take pitchers, not hitters.

Ronny Mauricio apparently this guy has a potential superstar talent. Maybe they sent him to the GCL because they can just stick him at SS and let him play. In the DSL they may want to move players around to see where they fit best. Plus Mauricio got a huge bonus and his agent may have dictated that he begin his career playing here rather than in the Dominican.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#3599 » by reub » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Our farm system has a lot of good prospects. Unfortunately most of them won't be ready for 1 or 2 years. :lol: :lol: :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3600 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Sorry, but Peterson doesn't look all that impressive to me. And he doesn't look that athletic at all.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks