ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#781 » by Tron Carter » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:00 am

Read on Twitter
R.I.P Black Mamba
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,171

Post#782 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:06 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

The length of those arms is a natural wonder.
ImageImageImage
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,552

Post#783 » by Fat Kat » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:07 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#784 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:09 am

Capn'O wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
jullybully21 wrote:
Frank needs to put KP on to his workouts lol

Maybe a certain genetics might be the difference here. :lol:

We tried to tell 'em about that frame. It's so much harder for a guy like KP to add weight. Frank will fill out easily.

Mikal has the same sort of build, btw.

Mikal does not have the same frame as Frank. He's more wiry, and his shoulders are not as broad. He's also almost 22, so he's probably more maxed out than Frank
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#785 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:36 am

knickstape4ever wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Maybe a certain genetics might be the difference here. :lol:

We tried to tell 'em about that frame. It's so much harder for a guy like KP to add weight. Frank will fill out easily.

Mikal does not have the same frame as Frank. He's more wiry, and his shoulders are not as broad. He's also almost 22, so he's probably more maxed out than Frank

Don't underestimate the power of an elite workout regiment, nutritionists and the fear of failure. Mikal has built himself up from nothing. I have to believe he'll put in the work but it's about professional training. Somebody's gotta guide him through it. But when he does fool out you're looking at 7ft plus wingspan.

The other thing I think people gotta entertain is the idea that in the nba he's actually less Otto Porter and more Danny Green. We might see Hardaway stay at SF while we allow Mikal to develop at SG until he fills out or maybe he stays there. I think he's allot more in the Green/Kittles/Miller mold than the Porter/Kuwaiy mold that people wanna lump him into. I get he plays defense but I see him being a plus at SG.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#786 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:45 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Don't underestimate the power of an elite workout regiment, nutritionists and the fear of failure. Mikal has built himself up from nothing. I have to believe he'll put in the work but it's about professional training. Somebody's gotta guide him through it. But when he does fool out you're looking at 7ft plus wingspan.

The other thing I think people gotta entertain is the idea that in the nba he's actually less Otto Porter and more Danny Green. We might see Hardaway stay at SF while we allow Mikal to develop at SG until he fills out or maybe he stays there. I think he's allot more in the Green/Kittles/Miller mold than the Porter/Kuwaiy mold that people wanna lump him into. I get he plays defense but I see him being a plus at SG.

Him and Frank in the backcourt would have games where they shut down the opponent's backcourts.

Though I'm willing to consider Trae, I still have my best daydreams imagining a backcourt with Frank and a tall defender like Mikal destroying another team's guards defensively.
ImageImageImage
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,994

Post#787 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:00 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

Him and Frank in the backcourt would have games where they shut down the opponent's backcourts.

Though I'm willing to consider Trae, I still have my best daydreams imagining a backcourt with Frank and a tall defender like Mikal destroying another team's guards defensively.

Yep, just do this calculation. Frank guards the best guard, Mikal guards the best wing and THJ guards the worst of the three.

Offensively THJ is probably our best or at least most prolific player. And if that disturbs you yes, that's what tanking looks like.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#788 » by GEOLINK » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:14 am

Wow.

Read on Twitter
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Post#789 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:09 am

I mean what did people expect? When we drafted Frank he was going to be a project, you knew his rookie year was going to be not as stellar as some of his fellow draft mates. However Frank is starting to look the part of a NBA player, no strength and conditioning up until this year. He's putting in the work to transform his body, he's putting in the work to improve his game.

He's looking the part of a NBA player. Talent with Frank isn't the problem, it's confidence and mental. I'm expecting a nice step forward from him next year and year three he really emerges as an great two way player. Just imagine, he's going to be even better defensively next year because of the strength.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#790 » by Ignitowsky » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 am

Manhattan Project wrote:I mean what did people expect? When we drafted Frank he was going to be a project, you knew his rookie year was going to be not as stellar as some of his fellow draft mates. However Frank is starting to look the part of a NBA player, no strength and conditioning up until this year. He's putting in the work to transform his body, he's putting in the work to improve his game.

He's looking the part of a NBA player. Talent with Frank isn't the problem, it's confidence and mental. I'm expecting a nice step forward from him next year and year three he really emerges as an great two way player. Just imagine, he's going to be even better defensively next year because of the strength.

in addition to strength, he's going to be more experienced and playing in a real NBA defense. He's going to be in beast mode under Fiz.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Post#791 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:45 am

Ignitowsky wrote: in addition to strength, he's going to be more experienced and playing in a real NBA defense. He's going to be in beast mode under Fiz.

Defensively I'm not worried about him at all, I'm just curious how Fizdale is going to use him offensively. On paper he's the PG in Fizdale's image, but you can't deny that Burke/Frank was playing good to end the year. Competition is going to be interesting for sure.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#792 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:48 am

Ignitowsky wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:I mean what did people expect? When we drafted Frank he was going to be a project, you knew his rookie year was going to be not as stellar as some of his fellow draft mates. However Frank is starting to look the part of a NBA player, no strength and conditioning up until this year. He's putting in the work to transform his body, he's putting in the work to improve his game.

in addition to strength, he's going to be more experienced and playing in a real NBA defense. He's going to be in beast mode under Fiz.

I admit I'm in a bad mood about KP today because I saw he is doing training with a meathead trainer, but even beforehand I was already keying in on Frank as the most important piece this franchise currently has. I believe Frank's net impact as a two-way player can make him a top 10-20 player, because he already could potentially become a top 3 defender in the league.

I'm praying KP is not a diva, is more durable and can come back and perform consistently, but at this point I consider that something that is actually uncertain. I'm more confident in Frank's future ability to deliver consistent and impactful results.

I'm sure KP's game suffered by having Fisher and Jeff as coaches and looney tunes Phil as his boss, so I'm hopeful he comes back under Fiz and learns to play a more team-oriented game. The influence of Melo on KP was horrendous IMO and we really need a legit coaching situation and no diva players.

Those are the kinds of things I simply don't worry about with Frank. I've always been confident that his mindset is solid, his study habits are strong and his ability to learn and implement are top notch.
ImageImageImage
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#793 » by Tron Carter » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:

ya know I was so viamently against trae but I listened to a locked on knicks podcast that did a draft breakdown on him and I’ve really warmed up to him. can’t overlook how polished of a passer he is. if he has a 10-15% chance of becoming Steve Nash he may be worth the risk. but I can’t see any scenario of him gettin past the magic.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#794 » by Fat » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:21 am

GEOLINK wrote:Wow.

Read on Twitter

man? he still a baby :lol: that is a impressive transformation looking good
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#795 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

ya know I was so viamently against trae but I listened to a locked on knicks podcast that did a draft breakdown on him and I’ve really warmed up to him. can’t overlook how polished of a passer he is. if he has a 10-15% chance of becoming Steve Nash he may be worth the risk. but I can’t see any scenario of him gettin past the magic.

That's cool, because I think the only way you get really lucky is by keeping an open mind when you draft. Some guys who don't tick as many boxes may still end up being so great at what they do that roster construction sometimes becomes a matter of complementarity. If a guy like that shoots like Curry in the NBA and can thread the needle then you may want to roll the dice and beef up the defense at other positions. Drafting a guy like Trae could push someone like Timmy into the sixth man position so you adjust.

A case could be made that Nash is the single most influential player in terms of changing the NBA style of play to what it is today, more than Mike D's idea of SSOL.

If Trae has Steve's ability to navigate traffic, something Curry has too, then he literally can take the offense inside and outside at will. With Trae's range, that could be devastating if you have the right complementary players.

Right now, our roster construction is probably predicated on complementing KP, but if Trae could be that good, then KP would literally complement Trae.

Another way of saying that is Amar'e, Marion and Barbosa complemented Nash, not the other way around.

Uniqueness triggers different rosters.

What I love about Frank is you can plug him into any roster and he'll thrive, so we don't have to worry about how he'll fit.

P.S. spelling - vehemently
ImageImageImage
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#796 » by Tron Carter » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:53 am

sometimes you forget the flashes this kid showed passing the ball. he was really fukkin good this game.

R.I.P Black Mamba
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#797 » by WajaBawl » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Tron Carter wrote:sometimes you forget the flashes this kid showed passing the ball. he was really fukkin good this game.

Exactly why he is our long-term PG. Fucc outta here with the off-ball SG bs.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#798 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Knick fans: "I wish we'd swing for the fences and draft a project but develop him"

Knicks draft project

Knick fans: "This guy sucks"
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#799 » by bringinhinkie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:53 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Knick fans: "I wish we'd swing for the fences and draft a project but develop him"

Knicks draft project

Knick fans: "This guy sucks"

lmao
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#800 » by knickstape4ever » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:28 pm

WajaBawl wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:sometimes you forget the flashes this kid showed passing the ball. he was really fukkin good this game.

Exactly why is he is long-term PG. Fucc outta here with the off-ball SG bs.

even worse that some already wanna move him to the 3

Return to New York Knicks