ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Knicks off season thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#761 » by GEOLINK » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Read on Twitter
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#762 » by GEOLINK » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:12 pm

That Noah-Wiggins trade would be horrible for us. Completely derails whatever 2019 plan Mills/Perry have been talking about.

Gonna have Hardaway, Lee, and then Wiggins huge contracts on the cap and KP is gonna want to get paid as well.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#763 » by GEOLINK » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:10 pm

fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#764 » by fatalogic » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:I know this is not real but the idea is temptin..
Read on Twitter

Would you guys do this??

fuuuuukkk no. this bum’s 140 mill extension just kicks in next season.

In a heartbeat, at least Wiggins is an asset, Noah's just an albatross hanging around our necks.

I'm not sure how that happens without the Knicks giving up a pick. Wiggins is the type of guy that has all the tools but just hasn't been able to put it together, maybe he never will and that's scary. That being said if no picks are involved I'd do it.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#765 » by DOT » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:23 pm

fatalogic wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
fuuuuukkk no. this bum’s 140 mill extension just kicks in next season.

In a heartbeat, at least Wiggins is an asset, Noah's just an albatross hanging around our necks.

I'm not sure how that happens without the Knicks giving up a pick. Wiggins is the type of guy that has all the tools but just hasn't been able to put it together, maybe he never will and that's scary. That being said if no picks are involved I'd do it.

I wouldn't

If he doesn't figure it out, we have 30 million committed to him until 2023. Noah at least expires in 2 years, and we can be in play for a max contract even with his contract next offseason

High risk, low chance of reward move
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
fatalogic
Veteran

Post#766 » by fatalogic » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:30 pm

K-DOT wrote:
fatalogic wrote:
Oscirus wrote:

I wouldn't

If he doesn't figure it out, we have 30 million committed to him until 2023. Noah at least expires in 2 years, and we can be in play for a max contract even with his contract next offseason

High risk, low chance of reward move

You're right I forgot about that extension. Those extension are going to be so detrimental to teams. Picking him up means more boring 8th seed playoff runs for the next 5 years. I'm hoping the Knicks don't give KP his full max extension but they probably will.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#767 » by F N 11 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:30 pm

GEOLINK wrote:That Noah-Wiggins trade would be horrible for us. Completely derails whatever 2019 plan Mills/Perry have been talking about.

Gonna have Hardaway, Lee, and then Wiggins huge contracts on the cap and KP is gonna want to get paid as well.

Um... Enes free’s cap space for next year if he opts in. Wiggins can actually ball and Enes prob off the cap next year. Therefore Wiggins at 30 mill not that bad we will have to give up a player that makes like 12. Lee and Noah for Wiggins is a no brainer. U can go over the cap with KP I believe. Basically Noah and Lee for example ain’t better than Wiggins. Thatmoney just sucks but he’s young.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#768 » by GEOLINK » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:32 pm

K P 6 wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:That Noah-Wiggins trade would be horrible for us. Completely derails whatever 2019 plan Mills/Perry have been talking about.

Um... Enes free’s cap space for next year if he opts in. Wiggins can actually ball and Enes prob off the cap next year. Therefore Wiggins at 30 mill not that bad we will have to give up a player that makes like 12. Lee and Noah for Wiggins is a no brainer. U can go over the cap with KP I believe. Basically Noah and Lee for example ain’t better than Wiggins. Thatmoney just sucks but he’s young.

This feels like another THJ situation.

Another huge contract because there's some untapped potential because he's young. I don't buy it. I don't want it.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#769 » by DOT » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:52 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Another huge contract because there's some untapped potential because he's young. I don't buy it. I don't want it.

Speaking of Tim and Wiggins, here's their stats from this last year

Wig:
17.7/4.4/2 on 44/33/64 splits, 48 EFG%, 51 TS%, 13 PER

Tim:
17.5/3.9/2.7 on 42/32/82 splits, 50 EFG%, 53 TS%, 14.4 PER

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Tim+Hardaway&player_id1_select=Tim+Hardaway&y1=2018&player_id1=hardati02&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Andrew+Wiggins&player_id2_select=Andrew+Wiggins&y2=2018&player_id2=wiggian01&idx=players

Pretty much the same, except Tim is slighty more efficient and averages almost 1 more assist per game

And Wiggins will cost 10 million more per season
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,175

Post#770 » by BBALLER4FR » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:55 pm

If we're swapping the 36 and the 20 count me in. Otherwise, they can rot with that stupid decision to max out a motorless Wiggins.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,147

Post#771 » by Fat Kat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:07 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,183

Post#772 » by aq_ua » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:59 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Gotta admit, he looks comfortable from out there.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#773 » by MP4LIFE » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:02 am

Wiggins is JR Smith reincarnated.

Please no.
fatalogic
Veteran

Post#774 » by fatalogic » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:27 am

Regardless of how you feel about Wiggins that's bold of the FO to ask for him in exchange for Noah. Thats like trying to trade it your totaled Toyota for an infinity.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#775 » by DOT » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:34 am

fatalogic wrote:Regardless of how you feel about Wiggins that's bold of the FO to ask for him in exchange for Noah. Thats like trying to trade it your totaled Toyota for an infinity.

If that report is true, the fact that they're "tempted" shows how bad they think his contract is that they'd trade him for the corpse of Noah

But then again, Thibs is crazy, so
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

fatalogic
Veteran

Post#776 » by fatalogic » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 am

K-DOT wrote:
fatalogic wrote:Regardless of how you feel about Wiggins that's bold of the FO to ask for him in exchange for Noah. Thats like trying to trade it your totaled Toyota for an infinity.

If that report is true, the fact that they're "tempted" shows how bad they think his contract is that they'd trade him for the corpse of Noah

But then again, Thibs is crazy, so

Not that there are many of them but that fan base would have a meltdown.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#777 » by Polk377 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:04 am

GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kanter definitely has the range and stroke but like I've said before him shooting too many 3s isn't what's best. What he does best is crashing offensive boards and putbacks. Once in a while is fine in certain sets but you don't want him to get 3 happy.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#778 » by F N 11 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:52 am

GEOLINK wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

So you rather Lee and Noah for another 2 years because of 10 million dollars. By that Time Wiggins will only have 2 years left.

Would you take Noah and Lee over Wiggins ? Cap space aside.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#779 » by F N 11 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:53 am

aq_ua wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’s opting in isnt he? lol. Well our plan is for 2019 and I doubt we sign Kanter to screw that up. Let him have his money and tryout for another team. Still won the Mel trade. Couldn’t imagine having Melo for another year.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,147

Post#780 » by Fat Kat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:57 am

K P 6 wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’s opting in isnt he? lol. Well our plan is for 2019 and I doubt we sign Kanter to screw that up. Let him have his money and tryout for another team. Still won the Mel trade. Couldn’t imagine having Melo for another year.

Yep
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks