ImageImageImageImageImage

The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread (Welcome Dzanan Musa, Radions Kurucs & Theo Pinson!)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Re: The Nets 2018 NBA Draft Thread (#29, #40, #45 picks) 

Post#621 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:29 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Not that he's a Woj sauces but, Windrem has been pretty adamant that we will not be picking at 29/40/45 over the last couple weeks.

We probably have more than one deal on the table to move up if we agree to absorb salary. Wasn't the rumor that we'd be operating as an over the cap team in 2018-19 anyway?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#622 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:40 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Not that he's a Woj sauces but, Windrem has been pretty adamant that we will not be picking at 29/40/45 over the last couple weeks.

We probably have more than one deal on the table to move up if we agree to absorb salary. Wasn't the rumor that we'd be operating as an over the cap team in 2018-19 anyway?

There's been rumors going in every direction lately, but yeah, it looks more like Marks will attempt to absorb some bad salary to get in the teens.

Also, Woj just tweeted that teams outside the top 4 are starting to make aggressive offers to get into that range for J3 after some supposedly incredible workouts lately. I've been saying it for awhile, he's the guy I'd take #1 in this draft. Probably Doncic 2nd, then either Bagley or Bamba. Ayton is a distant 5th for me.

Not that we'll be able to move that high anyway. :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#623 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

That was after the Booker trade, but then Okafor and Stauskus were duds. They'll renounce all FAs except Harris and have about $14mil in cap room.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#624 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:14 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

That was after the Booker trade, but then Okafor and Stauskus were duds. They'll renounce all FAs except Harris and have about $14mil in cap room.

14 mil might not be enough to absorb dead salary for a pick. The Crabbe trade is starting to look problematic in hindsight.

FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#625 » by FlipFlopShot » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:31 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

There's been rumors going in every direction lately, but yeah, it looks more like Marks will attempt to absorb some bad salary to get in the teens.

Also, Woj just tweeted that teams outside the top 4 are starting to make aggressive offers to get into that range for J3 after some supposedly incredible workouts lately. I've been saying it for awhile, he's the guy I'd take #1 in this draft. Probably Doncic 2nd, then either Bagley or Bamba. Ayton is a distant 5th for me.

Not that we'll be able to move that high anyway. :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, had hope he would be dropping down to 29th. :wink:
Jaren Jackson Jr. and Jarret Allen
Lol, never had a chance.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#626 » by moonpie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#627 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:36 am

Good to see Russell at the facility in June.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#628 » by Paradise » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:38 am

I'll probably make a legit big board before draft day but I'd be okay with Diallo with any one of these picks. He's raw but I don't think we have anyone with that kind of elite athleticism besides LeVert and possibly, Allen. We need somebody who can come in and just energize the game with some force. I'd love someone like Omari Spellman here.

Harris, Carroll, Crabbe, Russell, Dinwiddie, Lin....six guards that do not play above the rim whatsoever healthy or not. We gotta fix that somehow.
Sleepyazn
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#629 » by Sleepyazn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:27 am

Paradise wrote:I'll probably make a legit big board before draft day but I'd be okay with Diallo with any one of these picks. He's raw but I don't think we have anyone with that kind of elite athleticism besides LeVert and possibly, Allen. We need somebody who can come in and just energize the game with some force. I'd love someone like Omari Spellman here.

Harris, Carroll, Crabbe, Russell, Dinwiddie, Lin....six guards that do not play above the rim whatsoever healthy or not. We gotta fix that somehow.

Playing above the rim as a point guard is stupid and will just lead to injuries. Give me a dude with actual basketball skills instead of Diallo who is raw as sashimi any day.
Dzon Dilindzer
Veteran
And1: 4,158

Post#630 » by Dzon Dilindzer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#631 » by Paradise » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:35 pm

Sleepyazn wrote:
Paradise wrote:I'll probably make a legit big board before draft day but I'd be okay with Diallo with any one of these picks. He's raw but I don't think we have anyone with that kind of elite athleticism besides LeVert and possibly, Allen. We need somebody who can come in and just energize the game with some force. I'd love someone like Omari Spellman here.

Playing above the rim as a point guard is stupid and will just lead to injuries. Give me a dude with actual basketball skills instead of Diallo who is raw as sashimi any day.

We have enough "skill" and not enough natural talent to play our system. I'm gladly taking an athlete like Diallo if we don't move up. Elite athleticism like that usually helps translates to good defense, transition baskets, etc. Everything we preach offensively. I don't see how he isn't a fit there especially in the 2nd round. He's way better than re-signing Nik or Milton Doyle.

Most of these names we are discussing here are unrealistic until we move up, including Musa.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#632 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm

ESPN's Analytics Model's Draft Rankings

-Bagley is #1
-JJJ has the lowest bust potential
-Mikal is awesome
-Musa has the lowest bust potential in the bottom third of the top 30.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23771351/espn-draft-analytics-model-makes-nba-draft-projections
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#633 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:39 pm

the problem with diallo is that he may be athletic but doesnt energize. he isnt a high motor guy. and he really is a super flawed player who is kind of a 5 out of 10 everywhere but leaping. and for a guy with such a great verticle he didnt really score a ton at the rim or block many shots.

he is like the definition of a combine hype guy certain to bust. i mean if we used a late second rounder on him whatever but i doubt he sees much time out of the dleague. he may even go undrafted
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#634 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Paradise wrote:
Sleepyazn wrote:

We have enough "skill" and not enough natural talent to play our system. I'm gladly taking an athlete like Diallo if we don't move up. Elite athleticism like that usually helps translates to good defense, transition baskets, etc. Everything we preach offensively. I don't see how he isn't a fit there especially in the 2nd round. He's way better than re-signing Nik or Milton Doyle.

Most of these names we are discussing here are unrealistic until we move up, including Musa.

only he didnt defend/score in transition or that kind of thing in college. athletic ability only helps if the guy is skilled enough to be on the floor. i fear that he isnt.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#635 » by Prokorov » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Dzon Dilindzer wrote:
Read on Twitter

id be cool with him. reminds me of a less athletic bobby sura/nick young/bellinelli.

he shoots and seems comfortable off screens and motion. i think he would fit ok and maybe be a long time rotation 6/7/8 guy
Process
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#636 » by Process » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Sleepyazn wrote:

only he didnt defend/score in transition or that kind of thing in college. athletic ability only helps if the guy is skilled enough to be on the floor. i fear that he isnt.

Id much rather us sign Jerami Grant as a FA than even entertain the idea of Diallo
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#637 » by moonpie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#638 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:58 am

We need wings and bigs that play above the rim, not PGs. I could care less if Russell can barely tap the backboard, just take care of the ball, make the correct pass and hit open threes.

brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#639 » by brook » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:53 am

I like if we move up around #20 to select Chandler Hutchinson.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#640 » by shakendfries » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:59 pm

ESPN reports the Nets have extended a draft promise to Hutchison

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18

Return to Brooklyn Nets