Greg Hardy Gets UFC Deal After KO In MMA Debut

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Greg Hardy Gets UFC Deal After KO In MMA Debut 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Greg Hardy has been awarded a contract with the UFC after scoring a first-round knockout in his professional MMA debut Tuesday night.

Hardy, 29, knocked out Austen Lane (2-0) in just 57 seconds in their heavyweight bout.

"It's awesome news," Hardy said. "I get an opportunity to show what I've got, go back and work hard and come back even better than before. It's exciting. It's everything I could ask for.

"I just want to get back in the ring. Whatever show it is, I just want another opportunity to fight. Man, I'm having the time of my life and really enjoying it."

Via Brett Okamoto/ESPN

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,671

Re: Greg Hardy Gets UFC Deal After KO In MMA Debut 

Post#2 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:51 pm

better this than trying to KO women
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#3 » by FNQ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:better this than trying to KO women

Cant wait to see this guy get wrestled to the ground and beaten down.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:15 pm

As Dana White could give two ****'s what the #MeToo effort thinks... whatever. I do look forward to him getting into the cage with someone capable of beating him to a pulp as opposed to the tomato can he was matched up against last night.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#5 » by FNQ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:As Dana White could give two ****'s what the #MeToo effort thinks... whatever. I do look forward to him getting into the cage with someone capable of beating him to a pulp as opposed to the tomato can he was matched up against last night.

I would settle for bringing back Brock Lesnar to just annihilate him as a one-off spectacle.

But knowing Dana, they'll sign a new, local can to fight him once on a free TV show, sell the spectacle of a real fight vs a washed up guy, and Dana will hope against hope that Hardy wins. And so will I. Because honestly I dont want to see a Rothwell or a Struve pick him apart. I want someone who will take him to the ground, flatten him out, and beat all the stupid out of him.

But since they only have 15 minutes I think it'll take multiple fights to achieve that

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion