ImageImageImageImageImage

Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#361 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 pm

ChuckyFE wrote:When did we last have a PG that was one of the best players on the team? :-?

Terrible video, corny
Jrod89
Ballboy
And1: 33

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#362 » by Jrod89 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:54 am

Any possible way we can get Irving and leanord summer 19? That would be great.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#363 » by Besart19 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:14 am

Jrod89 wrote:Any possible way we can get Irving and leanord summer 19? That would be great.

Trade Timmy and our pick to Dallas for their pick and Matthews.

Trade Lee for Harkless

Trade Noah and 2020 first for Tyson Chandler
Strength and Honour!
Biggie Smalls
Sophomore
And1: 140

Post#364 » by Biggie Smalls » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 am

Is there any way cap wise we could sign Kyrie in 2019 and Giannis in 2021?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#365 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:08 pm

i just read that kyrie confirmed he aint signing an extension with boston....

i honestly cant see him leaving boston tho since it's like the perfect situation for him. but real talk if he does leave there to come here, i will always respect him like melo for being one of those few stars with balls that wants to play in new york.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#366 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:10 pm

do we want this injury prone player at 35++ million per year?
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,599

Post#367 » by El Poochio » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:31 pm

Biggie Smalls wrote:Is there any way cap wise we could sign Kyrie in 2019 and Giannis in 2021?

No cap cuz Giannis is bringing AD with him to play with Frank KP and Mikal

Frank
Mikal
Giannis
AD
KP

/droooooool

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#368 » by F N 11 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:36 pm

tuna108 wrote:do we want this injury prone player at 35++ million per year?

No healthy player ever wants to come here. Always iffy.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#369 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm

E-Balla wrote:I don't want anyone that'll leave 2 contenders to go to NY. I understood Cleveland but Boston? Nah he'd be the first dude complaining if KP ends up great. Shoot for Kemba next year instead.

T.Burke can do what Kemba does and they're the same size and he's much cheaper. Burke just needs a team to give him the minutes Kemba gets.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,418
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#370 » by E-Balla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:57 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
E-Balla wrote:I don't want anyone that'll leave 2 contenders to go to NY. I understood Cleveland but Boston? Nah he'd be the first dude complaining if KP ends up great. Shoot for Kemba next year instead.

T.Burke can do what Kemba does and they're the same size and he's much cheaper. Burke just needs a team to give him the minutes Kemba gets.

If you think Burke is anything like Kemba you know nothing about the NBA and what separates decent players from great players.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#371 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:59 pm

E-Balla wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

If you think Burke is anything like basketball you know nothing about the NBA and what separates decent players from great players.

I see people are still underrating Kemba here... smh
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#372 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:13 pm

I just wanted to say that I found it ironic how Kyrie threatened to get season ending knee surgery if the Cavs didnt trade him, and he ended up having to get surgery anyways which did cost the Celtics the eastern conference title.

Kyrie's injury concerns are legit. Only 3 times in his career has he been consistently in the lineup. Injury this yr cost the Celtics the NBA finals, his injury in game 1 of the finals in 2015 cost the Cavs a legit shot of winning it all. Hes an all-world talent but I can see why some people arent overly excited about him.

I would be for it, his talent and age are just too good to pass up. But I wouldnt trade for the man. Knicks need to keep stockpiling young talent and cant afford to trade pieces away. We arent ready for that at all.

But Im not getting my hopes up w/ this. Kyrie isnt signing his extension this yr because the man knows he can get paid way more by the end of the next season. Knicks just need to manage their cap space smartly in case an impact player happens to be actually interested in us next season. If Kanter opts out in a couple weeks, dont even use up that cap space honestly. Already messed up giving Timmy that contract for 4 years, cant afford to do that again.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#373 » by kane2021 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:15 pm

I have an idea. How about we give the kid we drafted in the lottery a year ago, to play that position, a chance to play the position? Instead of constantly overlooking him. We’ve committed to 5 other players sense drafting him to play point. It’s a little ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#374 » by CoolKids » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Biggie Smalls wrote:Is there any way cap wise we could sign Kyrie in 2019 and Giannis in 2021?

Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#375 » by Newyorknick94 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

If you think Burke is anything like basketball you know nothing about the NBA and what separates decent players from great players.

Kemba isn’t that good Burke lit him up for 42 last time we played Charlotte
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
Newyorknick94
Head Coach

Post#376 » by Newyorknick94 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 pm

kane2021 wrote:I have an idea. How about we give the kid we drafted in the lottery a year ago, to play that position, a chance to play the position? Instead of constantly overlooking him. We’ve committed to 5 other players sense drafting him to play point. It’s a little ridiculous.

Kyrie is a scorer you move him to the 2 let frank run the point
Legends BAT
C - Dikembe Mutombo
Newyorknick94
Head Coach

Post#377 » by Newyorknick94 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 pm

kane2021 wrote:I have an idea. How about we give the kid we drafted in the lottery a year ago, to play that position, a chance to play the position? Instead of constantly overlooking him. We’ve committed to 5 other players sense drafting him to play point. It’s a little ridiculous.

Kyrie is a scorer you move him to the 2 let frank run the point
Legends BAT
C - Dikembe Mutombo
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,418
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#378 » by E-Balla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:If you think Burke is anything like basketball you know nothing about the NBA and what separates decent players from great players.

"X isn't that good I saw his worst game"
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#379 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:If you think Burke is anything like basketball you know nothing about the NBA and what separates decent players from great players.

Tell me when Trey Burke averages 22 and 5 on a 56% true shooting percentage over a 3 year span and i'll acknowledge your argument.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#380 » by HEZI » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:I just wanted to say that I found it ironic how Kyrie threatened to get season ending knee surgery if the Cavs didnt trade him, and he ended up having to get surgery anyways which did cost the Celtics the eastern conference title.

Kyrie's injury concerns are legit. Only 3 times in his career has he been consistently in the lineup. Injury this yr cost the Celtics the NBA finals, his injury in game 1 of the finals in 2015 cost the Cavs a legit shot of winning it all. Hes an all-world talent but I can see why some people arent overly excited about him.

I would be for it, his talent and age are just too good to pass up. But I wouldnt trade for the man. Knicks need to keep stockpiling young talent and cant afford to trade pieces away. We arent ready for that at all.

But Im not getting my hopes up w/ this. Kyrie isnt signing his extension this yr because the man knows he can get paid way more by the end of the next season. Knicks just need to manage their cap space smartly in case an impact player happens to be actually interested in us next season. If Kanter opts out in a couple weeks, dont even use up that cap space honestly. Already messed up giving Timmy that contract for 4 years, cant afford to do that again.

He didn't really have an injury this year though, he had a procedure done to remove the wires and screws from his knee that he fractured in 2015. Then when they did the procedure they found out he had an infection and had to do another procedure to clean it up. He was eventually going to have the procedure done anyway, it was only a matter of time. He started to experience some irritation so that's why he went to get it checked out and they found out he had the infection so they decided they would immediately remove the screws and wires. The fracture was completely healed though, according to doctors, so now he's just waiting for the holes in the knee from the screws to heal up and he should be 100% healthy in a few months.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards

Return to New York Knicks