ImageImageImageImageImage

Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#381 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:33 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
I see people are still underrating Kemba here... smh

Kemba isn’t that good Burke lit him up for 42 last time we played Charlotte

"X isn't that good I saw his worst game"

Also just conveniently ignored the fact that Kemba had 31 and 7 that game and buried us in overtime :lol:
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,405
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#382 » by E-Balla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:Kemba isn’t that good Burke lit him up for 42 last time we played Charlotte

"X isn't that good I saw his worst game"

Also just conveniently ignored the fact that Kemba had 31 and 7 that game and buried us in overtime :lol:

Exactly. Kemba wins games. Put Kemba on the Knicks last year and we definitely make the playoffs. People dont realize how little talent Charlotte has offensively.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#383 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:48 pm

I'm in. Knicks can draft Porter too.

Then each year KP, Porter and Kyrie can take turns going down with season ending injuries.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,868

Post#384 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:48 pm

kane2021 wrote:I have an idea. How about we give the kid we drafted in the lottery a year ago, to play that position, a chance to play the position? Instead of constantly overlooking him. We’ve committed to 5 other players sense drafting him to play point. It’s a little ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

+1

.......... and see how Frank is gelling with the rest of the squad that assembles in the next year as well. That chemistry can easily end up being even more valuable than Kyrie's acrobatics.

If we're going to cough up big free agent bucks in the future I'd be looking at someone like Klay who would slot in well here if we haven't already filled that position well. (Timmy's contract may prevent that though)
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#385 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:49 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I'm in. Knicks can draft Porter too.

Then each year KP, Porter and Kyrie can take turns going down with season ending injuries.

In honor of the fallen, I just slashed myself with a papercut to take my place on the injured list
ImageImageImage
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#386 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

T.Burke can do what Kemba does and they're the same size and he's much cheaper. Burke just needs a team to give him the minutes Kemba gets.

If you think Burke is anything like basketball you know nothing about the NBA and what separates decent players from great players.

Must be all that winning he does.... :noway:
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#387 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Tell me when Trey Burke averages 22 and 5 on a 56% true shooting percentage over a 3 year span and i'll acknowledge your argument.

Tell me when a team gives him the minutes that Kemba gets to have the chance to avg those numbers. I'm not and never did say Kemba wasn't good, (still don't want him on the Knicks) what i said is T.Burke can do what Kemba does if given the chance and minutes. The problem is i don't think he'll get those minutes.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#388 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:56 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:"X isn't that good I saw his worst game"

Exactly. Kemba wins games. Put Kemba on the Knicks last year and we definitely make the playoffs. People dont realize how little talent Charlotte has offensively.

Charlotte has more talent then the Knicks do and how did they do in their playoff run last year? Lol

They were 36-46 last year but Kemba wins games...lol
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#389 » by Mecca » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:05 pm

You see... it’s not like this is a buffet where we choose what max we want. Kyrie is a special case with jersey ties. Why would Klay come?
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#390 » by DOT » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Mecca wrote:You see... it’s not like this is a buffet where we choose what max we want. Kyrie is a special case with jersey ties. Why would Klay come?

Klay isn't coming, at least for right now he only cares about winning championships, not having max money or the most shots

I can definitely see Kemba wanting to come here next year though, especially if the Hornets miss the playoffs again
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,264
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#391 » by BKlutch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:10 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:I just wanted to say that I found it ironic how Kyrie threatened to get season ending knee surgery if the Cavs didnt trade him, and he ended up having to get surgery anyways which did cost the Celtics the eastern conference title.

Kyrie's injury concerns are legit. Only 3 times in his career has he been consistently in the lineup. Injury this yr cost the Celtics the NBA finals, his injury in game 1 of the finals in 2015 cost the Cavs a legit shot of winning it all. Hes an all-world talent but I can see why some people arent overly excited about him.

I would be for it, his talent and age are just too good to pass up. But I wouldnt trade for the man. Knicks need to keep stockpiling young talent and cant afford to trade pieces away. We arent ready for that at all.

But Im not getting my hopes up w/ this. Kyrie isnt signing his extension this yr because the man knows he can get paid way more by the end of the next season. Knicks just need to manage their cap space smartly in case an impact player happens to be actually interested in us next season. If Kanter opts out in a couple weeks, dont even use up that cap space honestly. Already messed up giving Timmy that contract for 4 years, cant afford to do that again.

Maybe we've got it all backwards.

What if it is not Kyrie in an Uncle Drew costume in the movie?

What if it is Uncle Drew playing in the NBA in a Kyrie costume?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

E-Balla
RealGM

Post#392 » by E-Balla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:16 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Charlotte has more talent then the Knicks do and how did they do in their playoff run last year? Lol

They don't have more talent than the Knicks outside of Kemba. Their 2nd best player played 33 games and the team was the worst offense in the league when Kemba hit the bench.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#393 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:18 pm

Mecca wrote:You see... it’s not like this is a buffet where we choose what max we want. Kyrie is a special case with jersey ties. Why would Klay come?

And he'll want the largest possible contract.

You'd give it to him, but many wouldn't because once you tie up that money in Kyrie and he's on the injured list the franchise is sunk again.

And Kyrie will end up on the injured list as a Knick.

There is probably no max cat more injury prone than Kyrie Irving.

Signing Kyrie is like gambling on 25% odds he stays healthy.

Max money on 25% odds is not a good bet for a team still rebuilding.
ImageImageImage
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,403

Post#394 » by ag3 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:19 pm

I bet anything we trade our pick and more for Irving before the draft.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#395 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:43 pm

E-Balla wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Exactly. Kemba wins games. Put Kemba on the Knicks last year and we definitely make the playoffs. People dont realize how little talent Charlotte has offensively.

They don't have more talent than the Knicks outside of Kemba. Their 2nd best player played 33 games and the team was the worst offense in the league when Kemba hit the bench.

They definitely have more talent then the Knicks.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#396 » by E-Balla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Porzingis has more talent in one arm than the whole Hornets roster outside of Kemba.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#397 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:58 pm

E-Balla wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
E-Balla wrote:They don't have more talent than the Knicks outside of Kemba. Their 2nd best player played 33 games and the team was the worst offense in the league when Kemba hit the bench.

Porzingis has more talent in one arm than the whole Hornets roster outside of Kemba.

That's one...................................Remember we're talking about the whole team not one player. Who else?
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#398 » by Mecca » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

And he'll want the largest possible contract.

You'd give it to him, but many wouldn't because once you tie up that money in Kyrie and he's on the injured list the franchise is sunk again.

And Kyrie will end up on the injured list as a Knick.

There is probably no max cat more injury prone than Kyrie Irving.

Signing Kyrie is like gambling on 25% odds he stays healthy.

Max money on 25% odds is not a good bet for a team still rebuilding.

Multiple teams will have money for Klay. Teams with winning cultures that are closer to contending. It’s not Oprah. We don’t get anything we want.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#399 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:01 pm

So how would you match our guys to these guys?

Kemba
Batum
D.Howard
M.Williams
MK.Gilchrist
Billy
J.Lamb
M.Monk
Frank Kaminsky
C.Zeller
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#400 » by Newyorknick94 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:11 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Tell me when Trey Burke averages 22 and 5 on a 56% true shooting percentage over a 3 year span and i'll acknowledge your argument.

Not saying Burke is better I’m just saying Kemba isn’t that good
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo

Return to New York Knicks