ImageImageImage

Kawhi Leonard rumor

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,680

Re: Kawhi Leonard rumor 

Post#1321 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:54 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:It's good to know that the Spurs won't trade him for the garbage being offered by Philadelphia. I'm assuming our package included Rozier or Brown.

They likely would want the kings pick as well. I would hate to part with that unless he thinks the kings will be great next season.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#1322 » by Green89 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:06 pm

Maybe Kyrie caught wind of the trade talks. If he's not committing long term then offer him and whatever else it takes to get Kawhi. We get Kawhi and it would be a almost sure thing that we'd get Lebron. Warriors championship run would come to an abrupt halt.
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#1323 » by Valid » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Green89 wrote:Maybe Kyrie caught wind of the trade talks. If he's not committing long term then offer him and whatever else it takes to get Kawhi. We get Kawhi and it would be a almost sure thing that we'd get Lebron. Warriors championship run would come to an abrupt halt.

The only trade talks the Celtics have had regarding Kyrie Irving are the talks that have occurred here on this forum. There has been absolutely no indication that Ainge has been including Kyrie in any trade discussions.
Green89
RealGM

Post#1324 » by Green89 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Valid wrote:
Green89 wrote:Maybe Kyrie caught wind of the trade talks. If he's not committing long term then offer him and whatever else it takes to get Kawhi. We get Kawhi and it would be a almost sure thing that we'd get Lebron. Warriors championship run would come to an abrupt halt.

The only trade talks the Celtics have had regarding Kyrie Irving are the talks that have occurred here on this forum. There has been absolutely no indication that Ainge has been including Kyrie in any trade discussions.

While no one has said who we offered for Kawhi, he's one of only a few players on our team that could have made the trade work financially. He could very well have been what Ainge offered.
Valid
RealGM

Post#1325 » by Valid » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Green89 wrote:
Valid wrote:

While no one has said who we offered for Kawhi, he's one of only a few players on our team that could have made the trade work financially. He could very well have been what Ainge offered.

I highly, highly doubt Ainge offered Kyrie. We know how Ainge operates by now: he tries to low ball teams right off the bat. The reports indicate that the Celtics made one offer to the Spurs and were immediately rebuffed. There is no way Ainge included Kyrie in his first offer for Leonard. It's entirely possible he didn't even include Brown. And remember: this occurred at the trade deadline, quite a bit before Irving underwent surgery. It seems very doubtful that Ainge would have even considered moving him then.
Green89
RealGM

Post#1326 » by Green89 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:18 pm

Valid wrote:
Green89 wrote:
Valid wrote:The only trade talks the Celtics have had regarding Kyrie Irving are the talks that have occurred here on this forum. There has been absolutely no indication that Ainge has been including Kyrie in any trade discussions.

I highly, highly doubt Ainge offered Kyrie. We know how Ainge operates by now: he tries to low ball teams right off the bat. The reports indicate that the Celtics made one offer to the Spurs and were immediately rebuffed. There is no way Ainge included Kyrie in his first offer for Leonard. It's entirely possible he didn't even include Brown.

But who knows what Danny knew about Kyrie's knee at that time.
Valid
RealGM

Post#1327 » by Valid » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Green89 wrote:
Valid wrote:
Green89 wrote:

I highly, highly doubt Ainge offered Kyrie. We know how Ainge operates by now: he tries to low ball teams right off the bat. The reports indicate that the Celtics made one offer to the Spurs and were immediately rebuffed. There is no way Ainge included Kyrie in his first offer for Leonard. It's entirely possible he didn't even include Brown.

I just went back in and edited my post to clarify that point: this trade offer occurred at or near the trade deadline, which was weeks before Kyrie underwent the first procedure on his knee. It seems very doubtful that Ainge would have even considered moving Kyrie at that point.
Green89
RealGM

Post#1328 » by Green89 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Valid wrote:
Green89 wrote:
Valid wrote:I highly, highly doubt Ainge offered Kyrie. We know how Ainge operates by now: he tries to low ball teams right off the bat. The reports indicate that the Celtics made one offer to the Spurs and were immediately rebuffed. There is no way Ainge included Kyrie in his first offer for Leonard. It's entirely possible he didn't even include Brown.

I just went back in and edited my post to clarify that point: this trade offer occurred at or near the trade deadline, which was weeks before Kyrie underwent the first procedure on his knee. It seems very doubtful that Ainge would have even considered moving Kyrie at that point.

But for all the media hype that Ainge lowballs teams with offers, we never know the real ones he puts on the table. This deal was so quiet, it took 4 months to come out and we still have no reports of even one player or pick included in his offer. You just can't put anything past Danny. He's definitely targeting elite, top 5 players in the league (Durant, Lebron, AD, Kawhi) so in order for him to get one, you or I have no idea what he would really offer for one.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,829

Post#1329 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Valid wrote:

Not so fast.

If Ainge offered something for Leonard then it's most likely Irving, Hayward or Horford was involved. Leonard made $19 million and the Celtics really couldn't get there without gutting the team or without including 1 of those 3.
Tai
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,240

Post#1330 » by Tai » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Valid wrote:

Not so fast.

If Ainge offered something for Leonard then it's most likely Irving, Hayward or Horford was involved. Leonard made $19 million and the Celtics really couldn't get there without gutting the team or without including 1 of those 3.

The trade I've always considered is Brown/Rozier/Morris/MEM pick/Own 1st. Is that really gutting the team?

Kyrie/Tatum/Kawhi/Hayward/Horford
Larkin/Smart/Semi/Theis/Baynes

And that's assuming Danny doesn't sign anyone else to shore up the bench, and even before draft picks.

Sure, most won't trade Brown now, but at the deadline, this is 100% reasonable.
smartyz456 wrote:oh i am a laker fan for life

i'm just gonna be a warrior fan until lebron leaves the lakers

true laker fans don't root for lebron

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1728641
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,346

Post#1331 » by reload141 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 pm

No way was he offering Irving for Kawhi.
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#1332 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Tai wrote:The trade I've always considered is Brown/Rozier/Morris/MEM pick/Own 1st. Is that really gutting the team?

That trade wouldn't have been enough. That's $11,945,000 in salary. Leonard made $18,868,625. Needed another $3.15 million in salary.

Yabusele and Nader? $3,414,813 in salary.

5 players for 1? Highly unlikely.
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#1333 » by rickrolled » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Trade them egyptian ginobili, both him and original ginobili picked 58th.

Add salary fillers in brown, morris and smart s&t.
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#1334 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:32 pm

rickrolled wrote:Trade them egyptian ginobili, both him and original ginobili picked 58th.

Without including Irving, Hayward or Horford the only trade that would have worked was Brown, Morris, Smart and filler (Nader).

I think we know what Ainge offered.
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#1335 » by rickrolled » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:35 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
rickrolled wrote:Trade them egyptian ginobili, both him and original ginobili picked 58th.

Without including Irving, Hayward or Horford the only trade that would have worked was Brown, Morris and Smart and filler (Nader).

I think we know what Ainge offered.

The centerpiece of the trade has to be ginobili (celtic one) otherwise the deal is dead, that we know for sure.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1336 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Tai wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Valid wrote:The only trade talks the Celtics have had regarding Kyrie Irving are the talks that have occurred here on this forum. There has been absolutely no indication that Ainge has been including Kyrie in any trade discussions.

Not so fast.

The trade I've always considered is Brown/Rozier/Morris/MEM pick/Own 1st. Is that really gutting the team?

Kyrie/Tatum/Kawhi/Horford/Baynes
Larkin/Smart/Semi/Theis

And that's assuming Danny doesn't sign anyone else to shore up the bench, and even before draft picks.

I love the trade (add in salary filler like Yabs/Nader and it works. But you are missing something. Hayward?

Kyrie/Tatum/Hayward/Kawhi/Horford
Smart/Theis/Baynes/Semi/Bird
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1337 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Tai wrote:The trade I've always considered is Brown/Rozier/Morris/MEM pick/Own 1st. Is that really gutting the team?

That trade wouldn't have been enough. That's $11,945,000 in salary. Leonard made $18,868,625. Needed another $3.15 million in salary.

are you looking at 2018 numbers?

Morris is 5.3, JB 5.1, Rozier 3m. That's 13.4m right there. Kahwi makes 1.2m more next year, so adding in 1.1m of Nader should work, or be really close.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Tai
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,240

Post#1338 » by Tai » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Tai wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Not so fast.

Kyrie/Tatum/Kawhi/Horford/Baynes
Larkin/Smart/Semi/Theis

I love the trade (add in salary filler like Yabs/Nader and it works. But you are missing something. Hayward?

Kyrie/Tatum/Hayward/Kawhi/Horford
Smart/Theis/Baynes/Semi/Bird

Wow, I thought it looked weird. Yes, my trade doesn't include Hayward. :lol:
smartyz456 wrote:oh i am a laker fan for life

i'm just gonna be a warrior fan until lebron leaves the lakers

true laker fans don't root for lebron

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1728641
Valid
RealGM

Post#1339 » by Valid » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Valid wrote:

Not so fast.

There is no way Ainge offered any of those guys for Kawhi in his first offer. No way, no how. Point blank. Period.
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#1340 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:08 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:

are you looking at 2018 numbers?

Morris is 5.3, JB 5.1, Rozier 3m. That's 13.4m right there. Kahwi makes 1.2m more next year, so adding in 1.1m of Nader should work, or be really close.

You have to be 125% of the salary your bringing back. It doesn’t work. 14.5 x 1.25 = 18.125.

Leonard makes $20.1 Doesn’t work.

It would if you replaced Rozier with Smart

Return to Boston Celtics