ImageImageImageImageImage

Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#401 » by Newyorknick94 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:13 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:"X isn't that good I saw his worst game"

Also just conveniently ignored the fact that Kemba had 31 and 7 that game and buried us in overtime :lol:

Exactly. Kemba wins games. Put Kemba on the Knicks last year and we definitely make the playoffs. People dont realize how little talent Charlotte has offensively.

Kemba doesn’t win games that’s the problem he’s better than anything we got yea but I don’t want Kemba if I’m trying to build a winning team idc he hit a game winner in college or that sometimes he can score a lot of points he’s inconsistent and a terrible defender that doesn’t lead his teams to wins
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
Newyorknick94
Head Coach

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#402 » by Newyorknick94 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:Kemba isn’t that good Burke lit him up for 42 last time we played Charlotte

"X isn't that good I saw his worst game"

Also just conveniently ignored the fact that Kemba had 31 and 7 that game and buried us in overtime :lol:

He got outplayed by Burke in his “worst game” lol Kemba will drop 31 then have 10 the next game you guys would get tired of it and start complaining on here how we need an upgrade at the 1
Legends BAT
C - Dikembe Mutombo
Newyorknick94
Head Coach

Post#403 » by Newyorknick94 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 pm

And Burke can certainly get to Kembas level he’s not there now but Kemba isn’t on the same level as kyrie/Westbrook/curry he’s more like dragic/Isiah Thomas
Legends BAT
C - Dikembe Mutombo
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#404 » by Mecca » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 pm

I would take Kyrie over Kemba, but I’d obviously be on board with Kemba and think you can get him for under the max. This board knows my affinity for Kemba.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#405 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:01 pm

Mecca wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Mecca wrote:You see... it’s not like this is a buffet where we choose what max we want. Kyrie is a special case with jersey ties. Why would Klay come?

And he'll want the largest possible contract.

You'd give it to him, but many wouldn't because once you tie up that money in Kyrie and he's on the injured list the franchise is sunk again.

And Kyrie will end up on the injured list as a Knick.

There is probably no max cat more injury prone than Kyrie Irving.

Signing Kyrie is like gambling on 25% odds he stays healthy.

Max money on 25% odds is not a good bet for a team still rebuilding.

Multiple teams will have money for Klay. Teams with winning cultures that are closer to contending. It’s not Oprah. We don’t get anything we want.

And teams with winning cultures will not offer Kyrie a max contract either now that he is sitting out another season.
ImageImageImage
Mecca
RealGM

Post#406 » by Mecca » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
And he'll want the largest possible contract.

You'd give it to him, but many wouldn't because once you tie up that money in Kyrie and he's on the injured list the franchise is sunk again.

And Kyrie will end up on the injured list as a Knick.

There is probably no max cat more injury prone than Kyrie Irving.

Signing Kyrie is like gambling on 25% odds he stays healthy.

Max money on 25% odds is not a good bet for a team still rebuilding.

Multiple teams will have money for Klay. Teams with winning cultures that are closer to contending. It’s not Oprah. We don’t get anything we want.

And teams with winning cultures will not offer Kyrie a max contract either now that he is sitting out another season.

He’s not sitting out next season and I’d be happy to make a bet teams will offer Kyrie the max.
Brooklyn Nets
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#407 » by cuyankees » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:And Burke can certainly get to Kembas level he’s not there now but Kemba isn’t on the same level as kyrie/Westbrook/curry he’s more like dragic/Isiah Thomas

Kemba Walker or Trey Burke?

Phew, that is def a tough one...

Pass the pipe please
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#408 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Mecca wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Mecca wrote:

He’s not sitting out next season and I’d be happy to make a bet teams will offer Kyrie the max.

We'll find out, but if he won't resign with one of the two teams in the East best positioned for a championship run, then maybe he will sign for less than max to be wherever it is he wants to be whether that's the Knicks or not. But if he won't resign with a legit team then there is no reason for other teams to open up their wallets and pay full price either. I do not expect any bidding wars for Kyrie unless the Knicks do their same old BS and bid against themselves. If Kyrie wants to play for glory for MSG then he needs to take a pay cut, because his injury history is atrocious.
ImageImageImage
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,714

Post#409 » by JBreezeNY » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 pm

A case is being made for Trey over Kemba?

Wow I done seen everything :lol:
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#410 » by cuyankees » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:17 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:A case is being made for Trey over Kemba?

Wow I done seen everything :lol:

Duh, Trey has got levels to catch Kemba, but he’s well on his way

Westbrook, Curry, Kyrie
Kemba, Dragic
Starting PGs in NBA
Should Be Starting PGs in NBA
Starting PGs in G League/Trey
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#411 » by E-Balla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:35 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

They definitely have more talent then the Knicks.

Porzingis has more talent in one arm than the whole Hornets roster outside of Kemba.

That's one...................................Remember we're talking about the whole team not one player. Who else?

I said more talent than the whole roster. Tim is just as good as anyone on their team outside of Zeller and Kemba too. And that's not a compliment to Tim they were just trash last year.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#412 » by E-Balla » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:38 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Exactly. Kemba wins games. Put Kemba on the Knicks last year and we definitely make the playoffs. People dont realize how little talent Charlotte has offensively.

Kemba doesn’t win games that’s the problem he’s better than anything we got yea but I don’t want Kemba if I’m trying to build a winning team idc he hit a game winner in college or that sometimes he can score a lot of points he’s inconsistent and a terrible defender that doesn’t lead his teams to wins

People that obviously don't know basketball always got strong opinions around here.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#413 » by Mecca » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

We'll find out, but if he won't resign with one of the two teams in the East best positioned for a championship run, then maybe he will sign for less than max to be wherever it is he wants to be whether that's the Knicks or not. But if he won't resign with a legit team then there is no reason for other teams to open up their wallets and pay full price either. I do not expect any bidding wars for Kyrie unless the Knicks do their same old BS and bid against themselves. If Kyrie wants to play for glory for MSG then he needs to take a pay cut, because his injury history is atrocious.

Am definitely down for an avatar bet. Multiple teams will pull wallets out for Kyrie.
Brooklyn Nets
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#414 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Mecca wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Am definitely down for an avatar bet. Multiple teams will pull wallets out for Kyrie.

Not into the sig bet games personally, but I'm fine with comparing notes after he signs his next deal.
ImageImageImage
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,259

Post#415 » by John Murdoch » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:45 pm

He will re-sign with Boston . Financially makes no sense for him not to opt out
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#416 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Exactly. Kemba wins games. Put Kemba on the Knicks last year and we definitely make the playoffs. People dont realize how little talent Charlotte has offensively.

People that obviously don't know basketball always got strong opinions around here.

This from someone talking about all the winning Kemba does and talking about the Knicks having more talent then Charlotte....ummmmmmm okay. :lol:

By the way....basketball isn't that hard to understand. My 12 year old nephew can talk basketball with you...lol
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,175

Post#417 » by BBALLER4FR » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:44 pm

BKlutch wrote:
xNewYorkMadex wrote:I just wanted to say that I found it ironic how Kyrie threatened to get season ending knee surgery if the Cavs didnt trade him, and he ended up having to get surgery anyways which did cost the Celtics the eastern conference title.

Kyrie's injury concerns are legit. Only 3 times in his career has he been consistently in the lineup. Injury this yr cost the Celtics the NBA finals, his injury in game 1 of the finals in 2015 cost the Cavs a legit shot of winning it all. Hes an all-world talent but I can see why some people arent overly excited about him.

I would be for it, his talent and age are just too good to pass up. But I wouldnt trade for the man. Knicks need to keep stockpiling young talent and cant afford to trade pieces away. We arent ready for that at all.

But Im not getting my hopes up w/ this. Kyrie isnt signing his extension this yr because the man knows he can get paid way more by the end of the next season. Knicks just need to manage their cap space smartly in case an impact player happens to be actually interested in us next season. If Kanter opts out in a couple weeks, dont even use up that cap space honestly. Already messed up giving Timmy that contract for 4 years, cant afford to do that again.

Maybe we've got it all backwards.

What if it is not Kyrie in an Uncle Drew costume in the movie?

What if it is Uncle Drew playing in the NBA in a Kyrie costume?

:o

Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#419 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Charlotte hasn't made the playoffs in a few seasons now. Kemba has done nothing on that front, and the Knicks current roster isnt much better.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#420 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:50 pm

You'd think the Knicks and their fans would have learned about throwing max money and years at guys with a pretty pronounced injury history, but maybe not.

Return to New York Knicks