Grizzlies Trades Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Re: Grizzlies Trades Thread 

Post#161 » by BarbaGrizz » Wed Jun 6, 2018 1:27 pm

the_process wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:If Mikal Bridges is available at #10 I would consider a #10 + Saric for #4 + Parsons. Bayless and Anderson are garbage. I would also be interested to know the availability of Holmes.

Holmes is available. Would Memphis consider something like this?

10 to LAC
Fultz, Holmes, and 13 to MEM
Beverley and 4 to PHI

Could replace Fultz with Saric if you prefer.

All comes down with who will be available at 13, If our FO feels that Knox or MIles Bridges can be a day 1 starter than I would do it, with Saric instead of Fultz.

Or something like
#4 + JaMychal Green (expiring) for #10 + Saric + Holmes + #26 (or Jonah Bolden rights) - Essentially the trade is #4 for #10 + Saric and Green for Holmes + late pick
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
sunsfever68
Sixth Man
And1: 310

Post#162 » by sunsfever68 » Wed Jun 6, 2018 5:13 pm

Suns fan here

Would you guys do #4 and Parsons awful contract

to Phoenix

For TJ Warren, Marquese Chriss, #16 pick in this year draft, Phoenix 1st round pick unprotected in 2019, and Milwaukee's 1st round pick next year which we own

TJ is a 20 ppg scorer, Chriss still has a lot of potential left, but Bender/Ayton fit our team more.
I Am Awesome-O
Rookie
And1: 544

Post#163 » by I Am Awesome-O » Wed Jun 6, 2018 11:43 pm

sunsfever68 wrote:Suns fan here

to Phoenix

For TJ Warren, Marquese Chriss, #16 pick in this year draft, Phoenix 1st round pick unprotected in 2019, and Milwaukee's 1st round pick next year which we own

TJ is a 20 ppg scorer, Chriss still has a lot of potential left, but Bender/Ayton fit our team more.

No.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#164 » by VCfor3 » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:34 am

to Phoenix

I think Memphis would try to use moving Parsons contract as a cherry on top and not as the main course. That is just to say though I know the cap space is a big asset, Memphis won't see it as such especially since it doesn't actually open up a ton of space for us once we use an MLE amount of money to resign Evans. Then again, there is no telling what our FO actually thinks so there is no telling what they'd do.

I think that your offer is starting to go down the right path but that the base offer would be #16, PHX 2019 1st unprotected, and 2021 MIA 1st. Memphis could then pick out another couple pieces to add to the deal out of Bender, Chriss, Warren/Parsons swap, MIL 1st, maybe even a protected future PHX 1st. I personally am not as high on Chriss and Bender but our FO may be. I think the Warren/Parsons swap will be very enticing since it would help with their "win-now" goal while also having Warren be young enough to be part of the future. He won't be more than a role player but that's fine. He still will be a solid contributor. The MIL pick will likely be late so maybe Memphis can convince PHX to throw in one of their own protected future 1sts as well.

I know that seems like a lot of picks and it is, but it is for a top 5 pick and I assume if you do this it is likely because you talked to Doncic and think you can get him to tank his value enough to drop to #4. I personally feel like the talent drops off prior to #16 in this draft though there still are solid players available. PHX may actually be pretty decent next year with Ayton and Doncic added to the mix, Booker playing all season, and the team not trying to tank. #12 in a weak draft next year isn't especially great. The MIL and future PHX picks would likely be outside the lottery. The Miami pick is a wild card and could end up being decent or outside the lottery. Trading for a top pick almost always requires an overpay.

Even still, I don't know if Memphis would be willing to break the pick into a bunch of small pieces due to how badly they need a young star to build the future around. Extra stabs at young players is good, but we are likely to get a couple busts and maybe a couple role players. I just don't know which way our FO would lean. Hope this rambling post helps some.
sunsfever68
Sixth Man
And1: 310

Post#165 » by sunsfever68 » Fri Jun 8, 2018 4:17 am

VCfor3 wrote:

to Phoenix

I think Memphis would try to use moving Parsons contract as a cherry on top and not as the main course. That is just to say though I know the cap space is a big asset, Memphis won't see it as such especially since it doesn't actually open up a ton of space for us once we use an MLE amount of money to resign Evans. Then again, there is no telling what our FO actually thinks so there is no telling what they'd do.

I think that your offer is starting to go down the right path but that the base offer would be #16, PHX 2019 1st unprotected, and 2021 MIA 1st. Memphis could then pick out another couple pieces to add to the deal out of Bender, Chriss, Warren/Parsons swap, MIL 1st, maybe even a protected future PHX 1st. I personally am not as high on Chriss and Bender but our FO may be. I think the Warren/Parsons swap will be very enticing since it would help with their "win-now" goal while also having Warren be young enough to be part of the future. He won't be more than a role player but that's fine. He still will be a solid contributor. The MIL pick will likely be late so maybe Memphis can convince PHX to throw in one of their own protected future 1sts as well.

I know that seems like a lot of picks and it is, but it is for a top 5 pick and I assume if you do this it is likely because you talked to Doncic and think you can get him to tank his value enough to drop to #4. I personally feel like the talent drops off prior to #16 in this draft though there still are solid players available. PHX may actually be pretty decent next year with Ayton and Doncic added to the mix, Booker playing all season, and the team not trying to tank. #12 in a weak draft next year isn't especially great. The MIL and future PHX picks would likely be outside the lottery. The Miami pick is a wild card and could end up being decent or outside the lottery. Trading for a top pick almost always requires an overpay.

Even still, I don't know if Memphis would be willing to break the pick into a bunch of small pieces due to how badly they need a young star to build the future around. Extra stabs at young players is good, but we are likely to get a couple busts and maybe a couple role players. I just don't know which way our FO would lean. Hope this rambling post helps some.

Yeah I get it. The suns have picks, that 2021 miami unprotected is super valuable so that's a gem of a pick.

I'd give Chriss as obviously I"m higher on Bender's potential, which is really a white Lamar Odom but taller and can shoot 3's better (people laugh at that, but watch his highlight tape he had zero point guard to get him the ball). Bender in 2-3 years could be a really solid stretch 4 who plays defense as well as can shoot and he's a great passer from the high post, elbow extended etc

I'd hope that trade I proposed was enough, if it wasn't i'd give one more pick to get it done.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#166 » by NotACat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Magic fan here inquiring about #4 and Parsons.

We'd want to trade up if Doncic is there, would Evan Fournier, #6, and Shelvin Mack ($1 mil guaranteed) be enough for #4, Parsons, and lottery protected first round pick next year?

the_process wrote:
I Am Awesome-O wrote:
the_process wrote:Let’s say you guys get #3, and Ayton and Doncic go 1-2. Would you trade 3 for 5 and 10? (Assuming Philly has acquired #5)

Heck yeah!

So now that you guys have #4, what about:

MEM gets Fournier and 6
ORL gets Parsons, Fultz, and 10
PHI gets 4

Assuming JJJ is still available at 4.

I like this trade.
Black Lives Matter
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#167 » by WeTheNorth123 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:47 pm

What are about this

Demar Derozan

for

4th pick + Parsons
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#168 » by VCfor3 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:49 pm

NotACat wrote:Magic fan here inquiring about #4 and Parsons.

We'd want to trade up if Doncic is there, would Evan Fournier, #6, and Shelvin Mack ($1 mil guaranteed) be enough for #4, Parsons, and lottery protected first round pick next year?

the_process wrote:
I Am Awesome-O wrote:Heck yeah!

MEM gets Fournier and 6
PHI gets 4

I like this trade.

I could live with the bolded trade but if Donic is available at #4 I can't see us doing the underlined trade especially since you want another pick back as well when we already owe our 2019 pick. The bolded trade works because I'd assume Bagley, Doncic, and Ayton are gone and Memphis seems iffy on JJJ. If one of those other three fall then I see us taking them short of a very large overpay. My guess is that at 6 we are choosing between Young, Porter (scary medicals and just strained his hip), Carter, and Mikal. If that is the case we may try to trade down and let the Knicks get Young. At 9 we take whichever of those 4 is left and call it a day. This is probably Memphis's dream scenario if our top 3 choices are gone.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#169 » by VCfor3 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:51 pm

WeTheNorth123 wrote:What are about this

Demar Derozan

for

4th pick + Parsons

I've seen this idea thrown around. I think the value is maybe fair and Memphis would strongly consider it even though we shouldn't. I think we'd try to have one of your young bench guys thrown in though. I'd rather us just plan for the rebuild and embrace it as opposed to using assets to try and stay on the treadmill we've gotten accustomed to.
NotACat
Veteran

Post#170 » by NotACat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:05 pm

VCfor3 wrote:

the_process wrote:

MEM gets Fournier and 6
PHI gets 4

I like this trade.

I could live with the bolded trade but if Donic is available at #4 I can't see us doing the underlined trade especially since you want another pick back as well when we already owe our 2019 pick. The bolded trade works because I'd assume Bagley, Doncic, and Ayton are gone and Memphis seems iffy on JJJ. If one of those other three fall then I see us taking them short of a very large overpay. My guess is that at 6 we are choosing between Young, Porter (scary medicals and just strained his hip), Carter, and Mikal. If that is the case we may try to trade down and let the Knicks get Young. At 9 we take whichever of those 4 is left and call it a day. This is probably Memphis's dream scenario if our top 3 choices are gone.

For the underlined trade, what about instead of you sending us your pick, we sent you our later 2nd round pick this year (I think it's 41). If I were the Magic, the underlined trade is how I'd probably start negotiating.
Black Lives Matter
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,718

Post#171 » by the_process » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 pm

NotACat wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

I like this trade.

For the underlined trade, what about instead of you sending us your pick, we sent you our later 2nd round pick this year (I think it's 41). If I were the Magic, the underlined trade is how I'd probably start negotiating.

Who are the Magic moving up for?
NotACat
Veteran

Post#172 » by NotACat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:51 pm

the_process wrote:
NotACat wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

Who are the Magic moving up for?

it would have to be Doncic or JJJ for us I would think
Black Lives Matter
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#173 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:11 am

NotACat wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

I like this trade.

I think if you add pick 41 then Memphis really looks at it depending on how they feel about who is available at 4 and who they think will be available at 6. I just can't see any trade where they add additional 1st round picks is all. I'm getting worried they are going to try to use 4 to get out of Parsons contract so something like this would maybe be what they look for (we should just ride Parsons out for at least another year so that it is cheaper to get off him). Another trade idea I saw that would probably make me puke is 4/Parsons for Wiggins.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst

Post#174 » by BarbaGrizz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:24 pm

I swear that if we trade the #4 only for cap relief purpose I give up.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#175 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:55 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:I swear that if we trade the #4 only for cap relief purpose I give up.

Especially since it won't even open up that much more cap relative to us just using the MLE.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst

Post#176 » by BarbaGrizz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:33 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:I swear that if we trade the #4 only for cap relief purpose I give up.

Especially since it won't even open up that much more cap relative to us just using the MLE.

Exactly! What's the point in supporting the franchise in a tanking season if they'll just throw what was """""""acomplished""""""" away?

azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#177 » by azuresou1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:11 pm

What are you guys even looking for in moving 4/Parsons?

A team like Atlanta could absorb his entire contract without sending anything back, if that's what was desired. Would leave you with ~$25.5M under the cap, which lets you re-sign Tyreke and add another contributor.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#178 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:23 pm

azuresou1 wrote:What are you guys even looking for in moving 4/Parsons?

A team like Atlanta could absorb his entire contract without sending anything back, if that's what was desired. Would leave you with ~$25.5M under the cap, which lets you re-sign Tyreke and add another contributor.

We are already over the cap though. If we do this trade and then resign Evans we wouldn't have much left over. Add in the fact that we don't attract FA and we are looking at a 4-5mil player using the room exception that won't move the needle much. Or we could just use the MLE on Evans and have the #4 pick instead of a 4-5mil guy in FA. It just makes me think that Memphis is listening to offers for 4/Parsons for a good player as opposed to as a pure salary dump.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,309

Post#179 » by NatP4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Beal or Porter for Parsons+4? Thoughts?
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#180 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:02 pm

CJ McCollum and #24

for

Dillon Brooks, Chandler Parsons, and the #4?

Feel like this is probably a bit close than some of the other offers seen in this thread so far.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies