OT - World Cup Football Russia 2018

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,647

Re: OT - World Cup Football Russia 2018 

Post#21 » by LordCovington33 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:23 pm

cool93 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:How are we still so bad at soccer that we struggle qualifying.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was shocked when USA failed to qualify. North American qualification is very weak, you pretty much don't have who to lose to if you are Mexico and USA. It's not like in Europe, South America and Africa where there are more good teams than qualifying places. Hell, Asian qualification is tougher.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Australia qualified.
notericjr
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#22 » by notericjr » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:48 am

the top end of north american and asian qualifying are similar with mexico generally as a rule usually the strongest whilst you can throw the US, japan, south korea, iran, australia, costa rica in the same tier with eachother maybe just a step below mexico, not taking into account poor runs of form etc.

the drop off in both conferences after that into panama, saudi arabia, honduras etc is huge although in saying that... the saudis some how qualified automatically over australia while the US got starched and didn't qualify at all.

when the world cup transitions into a 48 team tournament there are going to be a tonne of blowouts...
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#23 » by BoomBap » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:46 pm

We are playing against Mexico on Sunday. Should be an easy win.

Most of our players are in their prime and our team is stronger compared to 2014. I think we will defend the title.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#24 » by cool93 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:40 pm

LordCovington33 wrote:
cool93 wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:How are we still so bad at soccer that we struggle qualifying.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was shocked when USA failed to qualify. North American qualification is very weak, you pretty much don't have who to lose to if you are Mexico and USA. It's not like in Europe, South America and Africa where there are more good teams than qualifying places. Hell, Asian qualification is tougher.

Australia is a solid team tho. But in general yeah, I was wrong. There are more good teams in Asian qualification, but they have 2 more spots, so it pretty much evens out. FIFA should have taken 1 spot from Asia and North America and give it to Europe, it's not ok when there exactly as much solid teams as qualification places. But those morons went other way and increased â„– of teams in World Cup :banghead:
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#25 » by BoomBap » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:02 pm

BoomBap wrote:We are playing against Mexico on Sunday. Should be an easy win.

Most of our players are in their prime and our team is stronger compared to 2014. I think we will defend the title.

Jesus, I was so wrong. Worst performance in years. we have to get our **** together and be better prepared for the next match.
notericjr
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#26 » by notericjr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:29 pm

BoomBap wrote:

Jesus, I was so wrong. Worst performance in years. we have to get our **** together and be better prepared for the next match.

yeah that was hard to watch.

brazil also drew with switzerland
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by LordCovington33 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:09 pm

BoomBap wrote:

You jinxed them. :lol:
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by LordCovington33 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:13 pm

cool93 wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
cool93 wrote:

Australia is a solid team tho. But in general yeah, I was wrong. There are more good teams in Asian qualification, but they have 2 more spots, so it pretty much evens out. FIFA should have taken 1 spot from Asia and North America and give it to Europe, it's not ok when there exactly as much solid teams as qualification places. But those morons went other way and increased â„– of teams in World Cup :banghead:

I hate Italy after what they did to the Aussies in 2006, but it is a joke that neither them or the Dutch are there.
nrok10307
Junior
And1: 189

Post#29 » by nrok10307 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:53 pm

LordCovington33 wrote:
cool93 wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Australia qualified.

I hate Italy after what they did to the Aussies in 2006, but it is a joke that neither them or the Dutch are there.

Doesnt really feel like a world cup without Italy, Netherlands, and the US. Yes I have a US bias but since they hosted in 94 they’ve advanced past the group stages in 4 of 6 world cups.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,907

Post#30 » by Wilfried » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:30 am

Germany saved by the bell

lot of goals these past 2 days.

Belgium and England up till now seperated by 1 yellow card (equal point, goals, ...) which makes England first and Belgium second.

A lot of talk in Belgium that it's better to be second than first in the group (a lot less travelling aparently).

Could be a very bad game thursday
Kova
Veteran
And1: 710

Post#31 » by Kova » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! We are in the finals!!!!!!!!!!
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,132

Post#32 » by Arsenal » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Kova wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! We are in the finals!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely rooting for you guys. What an amazing accomplishment this would be.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#33 » by the_process » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:06 am

Kova wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! We are in the finals!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome win over England today. Beat France!
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by LordCovington33 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:12 am

Boooooo!! I hate Croatia football with a passion. Disappointed England lost! Dirty players and serial divers. Happy for Saric though. Going for France in the final.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 710

Post#35 » by Kova » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:21 am

LordCovington33 wrote:Boooooo!! I hate Croatia football with a passion. Disappointed England lost! Dirty players and serial divers. Happy for Saric though. Going for France in the final.

Such a sore loser. Like all arrogant english fans.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by LordCovington33 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:31 am

Kova wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:Boooooo!! I hate Croatia football with a passion. Disappointed England lost! Dirty players and serial divers. Happy for Saric though. Going for France in the final.

Such a sore loser. Like all arrogant english fans.

Not English. Just hate the Croatian brand of football, as do most European fans. I also dislike the Italian football team for the same reason.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by Wilfried » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 am

Beat France!!!! Please

Still dissapointed after our defeat in the Semi's against a very secure but not better France!
Hope we beat England now.

Think Belgium was the most beautifull and exiting team to watch this WC, for every non-biased football fan.
Very proud on our team.

The games against Japan and Brazil will become collective heritance!
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by LordCovington33 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:22 am

Wilfried wrote:Beat France!!!! Please

Still dissapointed after our defeat in the Semi's against a very secure but not better France!

Think Belgium was the most beautifull and exiting team to watch this WC, for every non-biased football fan.
Very proud on our team.

Belgium was my fav team of the four remaining. Would have been nice for them to hold the cup.
SixersRelated
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#39 » by SixersRelated » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 am

Croatia is very exciting. What a team spirit to win all their knockout games in overtime. Their football is not the best but just to see how players like Modric, Subasic, Rebic and Perisic are fighting & winning for the shirt is very exciting.
@SixersRelated
Wilfried
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by Wilfried » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:40 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
Wilfried wrote:Beat France!!!! Please

Very proud on our team.

Belgium was my fav team of the four remaining. Would have been nice for them to hold the cup.

You're opening the wound again! :wink:

It was probably our best chance ever. Too bad.
The game against France was so tight, think the 2 best teams. It was decided on details. Unfortunately in France's favor.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers