Image

NBA draft & NCAA basketball

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, Jake0890, pacerfan

Tippy
Ballboy
Posts: 29
And1: 10
Joined: May 24, 2017
     

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#221 » by Tippy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:49 am

Wizop wrote:just read nbadraft.net updated mock. now I always preferred draft express until they became Insider but still they have a bunch of guys I like well into the 30s. if they're right, I'd call Philly and Atlanta and try to buy picks.

Sent from my phone.


If the draft fell this way I would gladly take K.Huerter (dont think he will be available though)

I like Huerter, L.Shamet,T.Young as the best shooters in the draft.

Bruce Brown at #54 seems crazy to me, I really liked this dude last year. I know he struggled with his shot this year, but he is a very aggressive/explosive offensive and defensive player. I have Brown in the tier for our #23 pick.

If the draft fell this way my board would be
K. Hurter
J.Evans
L.Shamet
B.Brown
K.Bates-Diop
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 10,175
And1: 1,544
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: RE: Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#222 » by Wizop » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:58 am

Tippy wrote:If the draft fell this way my board would be
K. Hurter
J.Evans
L.Shamet
B.Brown
K.Bates-Diop


I'm not sure about Shamet. Troy Brown, DiVincenzo, Musa, and Melton and your guys are on my list. That's 9. Brunson is probably a reach but I wouldn't hate the pick. That's 10 and I'm overlooking a few that have climbed up. I expect to be happy on draft night.

Sent from my phone.
Tom White
Senior
Posts: 583
And1: 319
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#223 » by Tom White » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:23 pm

NBAdraft.net now has us taking Mitchell Robinson. Has the team even had him in for a workout? Has an odd history. Only was at WKU long enough for half a cup of coffee. Pulled out of the combine. Seems like a lot of question marks. Anyone know anything about him.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 10,175
And1: 1,544
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#224 » by Wizop » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Tom White wrote:NBAdraft.net now has us taking Mitchell Robinson.


supposed to be a good center prospect who decided draft preparation was more important than a year of college. the decision makes sense to me, but drafting a center even if he is the BPA does not. I want a backup 3 so Lance stays at 2 except against 3 guard lineups. Bates-Diop is growing on me as I think he could be able to defend 3's and 4's which I think would be more useful than someone who can defend 3's and 2's or 2's and 1's.
User avatar
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,830
And1: 752
Joined: Jul 12, 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
   

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#225 » by Jake0890 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Wizop wrote:
Tom White wrote:NBAdraft.net now has us taking Mitchell Robinson.


supposed to be a good center prospect who decided draft preparation was more important than a year of college. the decision makes sense to me, but drafting a center even if he is the BPA does not. I want a backup 3 so Lance stays at 2 except against 3 guard lineups. Bates-Diop is growing on me as I think he could be able to defend 3's and 4's which I think would be more useful than someone who can defend 3's and 2's or 2's and 1's.


There was a lot of weird stuff going on with his withdrawal from WKU... not sure I’d say that he decided draft preparation was better than playing college ball. More like his decision was forced.

He followed his coach out of TA&M and to WKU where he promptly asked for a transfer after working out during the summer. It was granted by the coach, but the NCAA wouldn’t waive the waiting period even after he interviewed with LSU and a couple other teams. It seemed he had every intention of playing college ball if the NCAA would have let him. And because he worked out for WKU prior, he could noT play in the G league. It was either swallow his pride and go back to WKU or sit out entirely. He chose the latter. Kid comes off as kind of a head case to me.

I don’t really want anything to do with him, too much risk involved unless we’re buying up in to the early second round of the draft.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 10,175
And1: 1,544
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#226 » by Wizop » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:50 pm

The Stepien has a postcast reviewing a lot of wings I've had on my list. Basically they don't like any of them.

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/06/18/ep-60-potential-first-round-wings-mike-gribanov/

They like Melton.

EDIT: the more I read, the more I think the SF's are climbing. I'm starting to focus on guards in the first and hoping a forward will be there in the second,

1. Melton, Okobo, Okogie
2. Vanderbilt, Gabriel, Martin.
SuperReggie31
Pacers Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 484
And1: 29
Joined: Jun 19, 2002
Location: The Bandwagon

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#227 » by SuperReggie31 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:04 am

My realistic top 5 are:

1. Okogie
2. Bates-Diop
3. Hutchinson (may still be there are 23)
4. Brunson
5. Gary Trent Jr.

I just don't have an enough information/familiarity of Okobo and Spellman to include on the list at this point.
Tippy
Ballboy
Posts: 29
And1: 10
Joined: May 24, 2017
     

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#228 » by Tippy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Wizop wrote:The Stepien has a postcast reviewing a lot of wings I've had on my list. Basically they don't like any of them.

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/06/18/ep-60-potential-first-round-wings-mike-gribanov/

They like Melton.

EDIT: the more I read, the more I think the SF's are climbing. I'm starting to focus on guards in the first and hoping a forward will be there in the second,

1. Melton, Okobo, Okogie
2. Vanderbilt, Gabriel, Martin.


Nice find with the podcast. They do seem higher than most on Melton and Okobo. Haven't watched any full games on either player, only highlights. Lots of players to like at 23.

Also like Vanderbilt at 50 (Ike fell last year because of injuries) as well as K,Martin,T,Bluiett
Tippy
Ballboy
Posts: 29
And1: 10
Joined: May 24, 2017
     

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#229 » by Tippy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Breaking the players down into groups, I would have

Top 6 Realistically Available at 23
J.Evans
L.Shamet
K.Bates-Diop
E.Okobo
D.Melton
B.Brown

Picks that would be hard to be excited with,but not mad at 23
J.Brunson
K.Thomas

Picks that I dont want at 23
J.Robinson
A.Holliday
G.Trent
S.Milton
G.Allen

Picks that have high potential but I would pass on at 23
T.Brown
D.Musa
A.Simons
User avatar
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,830
And1: 752
Joined: Jul 12, 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
   

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#230 » by Jake0890 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:04 am

i cannot believe atlanta made that trade

bamba falling this far is a STEAL

edit: what a waste. bamba going to orlando.
Tippy
Ballboy
Posts: 29
And1: 10
Joined: May 24, 2017
     

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#231 » by Tippy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:23 am

Jake0890 wrote:i cannot believe atlanta made that trade

bamba falling this far is a STEAL

edit: what a waste. bamba going to orlando.


Wow, props to Dallas for pulling that trade off. Doncic is my top player this year.


Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
Tippy
Ballboy
Posts: 29
And1: 10
Joined: May 24, 2017
     

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#232 » by Tippy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:37 am

Sexton at 8? I just don't see it. Didn't even have him as a top 20


Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Tom White
Senior
Posts: 583
And1: 319
Joined: Aug 27, 2001
Location: Indiana

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#233 » by Tom White » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:39 am

Alexander's jacket looks like it was made from some hotel draperies.
User avatar
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,830
And1: 752
Joined: Jul 12, 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
   

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#234 » by Jake0890 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:46 am

Tippy wrote:Sexton at 8? I just don't see it. Didn't even have him as a top 20


Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums


that was the other bad pick that stood out.

The last thing LeBron needs is a guy like Sexton. I can't believe they went offense with that pick.
User avatar
Wizop
RealGM
Posts: 10,175
And1: 1,544
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Contact:
   

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#235 » by Wizop » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:17 pm

Haas and Martin both signed by Jazz.

Sent from my phone.
User avatar
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
Posts: 5,830
And1: 752
Joined: Jul 12, 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
   

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#236 » by Jake0890 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:00 pm

I know everyone is obsessed with Zion this year, and rightfully so, but can we talk about Ja Morant?

Kid is for real. If whoever ends up #2 doesn't take him, they **** up. Just like Sacramento and Atlanta did by not taking Doncic.

I'd mortgage the farm for him for sure. We could finally put the point guard debate to rest.
Pacers_Freak
Starter
Posts: 2,334
And1: 2,057
Joined: Oct 06, 2016
   

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#237 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:39 pm

Jake0890 wrote:I know everyone is obsessed with Zion this year, and rightfully so, but can we talk about Ja Morant?

Kid is for real. If whoever ends up #2 doesn't take him, they **** up. Just like Sacramento and Atlanta did by not taking Doncic.

I'd mortgage the farm for him for sure. We could finally put the point guard debate to rest.


The OVC tournament is in Evansville. Going to try and go check him out.
Vorda
Senior
Posts: 586
And1: 112
Joined: Oct 02, 2017
       

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#238 » by Vorda » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:05 pm

User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 26,735
And1: 3,207
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#239 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:11 pm

Vorda wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25868546/anthony-davis-told-new-orleans-pelicans-re-sign

Common...now or never... Sabonis+DC+Young+1st 2019+1st 2020



Haha haha! As if that was enough to get AD! Change DC to Bojan, add in Holiday, the 2020 1st would have to be 2021 due to league rules on not being able to trade back to back 1sts, and add in the 2023 1st and you’re closer!
Vorda
Senior
Posts: 586
And1: 112
Joined: Oct 02, 2017
       

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#240 » by Vorda » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:21 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Vorda wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25868546/anthony-davis-told-new-orleans-pelicans-re-sign

Common...now or never... Sabonis+DC+Young+1st 2019+1st 2020



Haha haha! As if that was enough to get AD! Change DC to Bojan, add in Holiday, the 2020 1st would have to be 2021 due to league rules on not being able to trade back to back 1sts, and add in the 2023 1st and you’re closer!


Haha is the reason why we will be forever mediocrity... I think that Sabonis and two 1st pick are good start to talk about... DC or Bojan or Thad are not much importante... nobody will give their superstars for Davis...

Return to Indiana Pacers