Karl-Anthony Towns Hasn't Asked For Trade From Wolves

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Karl-Anthony Towns Hasn't Asked For Trade From Wolves 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Karl-Anthony Towns and Tom Thibodeau have spoken on the phone this offseason, according to sources.

When Towns returns from his travels, he is expected to have a more substantive dialogue. There has not been an impasse between the two despite their sometimes strained relationship this past season.

Towns has not asked for a trade and the Minnesota Timberwolves are not considering dealing him.

Towns and the Wolves can begin to negotiate an extension this offseason.

Via Jon Krawczynski/The Athletic

flintsky21
Sixth Man
And1: 2,781

Re: Karl-Anthony Towns Hasn't Asked For Trade From Wolves 

Post#2 » by flintsky21 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Finally some good news for Wolves fans.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#3 » by Dewey » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:51 pm

KAT should consider why he gets his a$$ chewed ... sub-par defense and getting beat up and down the floor. Wigginosis...
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man
And1: 178

Post#4 » by gordoncatrell » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 pm

he's avail.
MIN FO wont say publicly; im sure theyre taking the calls, theyre prob too embarrassed by his declining trade value.
THIS. is why FOs tend not to get along w Thibs.
he destroys player value.

im old enough to remember the GM Survey of KAT being ranked 2nd among GMs as the player to build around.

way to go MIN. luckily for MIN, Pop is sucking up all the oxygen right now, otherwise the public scorn would be squarely on MIN.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:59 pm

I didn't eat spaghetti for breakfast.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#6 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Work harder!
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by gordoncatrell » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:20 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Work harder!

work harder at what? Thibs allowing Jimmy to run Iso Iso Iso?
Jimmy dying on screens and forcing helpers to show?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:32 pm

gordoncatrell wrote:

KAT needs to work harder to improve his defense
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by gordoncatrell » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:46 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:

should embiid work harder to impr his defense?
defense is a 3man battery.
Embiid's LOOKS better bc he never has to leave his anchor positioning to show into no-man's land. why? his guards/wings dont die on screens.
KAT's LOOKS worse bc Teague/Jimmy die on screens, forcing TAJ/KAT/Wiggins to have to move up to show on the ball - leaving backcuts, corner threes, offensive rebounds and lobs open. makes BIGS look bad, but the tip of spear is dull.

now. if Thibs' calling card is defense, why is their defense so bad?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#10 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:01 pm

gordoncatrell wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:

Embiid's LOOKS better bc he never has to leave his anchor positioning to show into no-man's land. why? his guards/wings dont die on screens.
KAT's LOOKS worse bc Teague/Jimmy die on screens, forcing TAJ/KAT/Wiggins to have to move up to show on the ball - leaving backcuts, corner threes, offensive rebounds and lobs open. makes BIGS look bad, but the tip of spear is dull.

Embiid was a pretty good defender when he first got into the league, KAT the opposite, that was before Teague, Butler, Thibs.

This is really puzzling. I'd imagine KAT is one of the reasons.

Maybe should have given Rubio a bit more time.
Thanks for the honesty.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,962

Post#11 » by Cassius » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:11 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:KAT needs to work harder to improve his defense

Embiid was a pretty good defender when he first got into the league, KAT the opposite, that was before Teague, Butler, Thibs.

I still don't understand why they traded Ricky. He was a perfect fit between their wings defensively and doesn't need shots.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by gordoncatrell » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Cassius wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:

I still don't understand why they traded Ricky. He was a perfect fit between their wings defensively and doesn't need shots.

ball pressure and hyper active 5. that's his "Genius" defense.
KAT needs a fresh start. look how Rubio looks in UTAH. refreshed.
gordoncatrell
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by gordoncatrell » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Cassius wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:

ball pressure and hyper active 5. that's his "Genius" defense.
KAT needs a fresh start. look how Rubio looks in UTAH. refreshed.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#14 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:38 pm

Cassius wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:

I guess it's cuz his J was iffy. He was only shooting 30% in his last year in Minny. Unfortunately for them, it goes up to 35% in Utah, probably has something to do with the system.
Thanks for the honesty.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,962

Post#15 » by Cassius » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:21 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:I guess it's cuz his J was iffy. He was only shooting 30% in his last year in Minny. Unfortunately for them, it goes up to 35% in Utah, probably has something to do with the system.

You're probably right. Even worse is that he probably would have enjoyed the same bump getting kickouts from Butler.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#16 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:14 am

Cassius wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
gordoncatrell wrote:

Another reason: Okogie
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion