Vikings Agree To Five-Year, $72M Extension With Danielle Hunter

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Vikings Agree To Five-Year, $72M Extension With Danielle Hunter 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:52 pm

The Minnesota Vikings have agreed to terms on a five-year, $72 million contract extension with Danielle Hunter.

The deal includes $40 million in guaranteed money, with a $15 million signing bonus. The annual average worth is more than $14 million, on par with fellow Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen.

"I had to get this out of the way," Hunter said, acknowledging relief to have signed before training camp. "I didn't want to be bothered by anything."

Via Associated Press

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Re: Vikings Agree To Five-Year, $72M Extension With Danielle Hunter 

Post#2 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:26 pm

That's a lot of money. Hunter is only 23 years old. Had the great season in 2016 and only OK season in 2017. Potential is sky high, but far from a proven player.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#3 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:33 pm

KGdaBom wrote:That's a lot of money. Hunter is only 23 years old. Had the great season in 2016 and only OK season in 2017. Potential is sky high, but far from a proven player.

Oh he's proven. His contract sure would suggest to the FO he is.
As far as his "ok" season, offensive co's had to account for him on every play, he got double teamed a lot.
With the few additions he should have a great year health provided.
Take a look at some of his action photos, the guy is BUFFED!
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#4 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:58 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:That's a lot of money. Hunter is only 23 years old. Had the great season in 2016 and only OK season in 2017. Potential is sky high, but far from a proven player.

As far as his "ok" season, offensive co's had to account for him on every play, he got double teamed a lot.

Great potential, but one starting season with 7 sacks is very ordinary. I think he played better than the sack total would indicate and the year before he didn't play as well as the sack total would indicate. He's not a proven player, but that contract is ballpark with the youth and the expectations.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#5 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:45 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

Great potential, but one starting season with 7 sacks is very ordinary. I think he played better than the sack total would indicate and the year before he didn't play as well as the sack total would indicate. He's not a proven player, but that contract is ballpark with the youth and the expectations.

Well I guess this is a prove it year.
Hopefully next year we can bump this and see. I know you hope I am right and he becomes a "proven" player.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#6 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:26 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Oh he's proven. His contract sure would suggest to the FO he is.

Well I guess this is a prove it year.
Hopefully next year we can bump this and see. I know you hope I am right and he becomes a "proven" player.

Whatever he does this year has nothing to do with whether he is proven right now. Proven is also just a concept. He is proven to some degree and not proven to some degree. Of course I hope you're right and he moves into what I consider proven status. The great thing is this year we get his services for I think 2 million or so.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion