ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,396

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#181 » by Strick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:12 am

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Strick wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
I'd chill on Bazley.

Fair enough lol. Probably got overhyped watching clips when he was committed to 'cuse. He does seem to have some nice skills for a lanky 6'9 player. Interested to see how his progression might vary from people similar to him since he will he in the G-league (if he still is doing that).

Thin as can be though, but maybe not having to "focus" on classes and just thinking basketball 24/7 will help him progress his game and body more than a year of college would

I never get excited about Syracuse guys. :D My bad if I came on strong.

Anyways, he might pan out. Reminds me of CJ Leslie a bit - a stronger Leslie (if Bazley gets stronger) is possibly a rotation guy. Isn’t Bazley going G-League?

I'll admit I am biased a bit, because I'm a fan lol. Nah, you're good man

Yeah, last I heard Bazley is going G-league. Interested to see how someone thin like he is will progress physically doing that rather than having school too.

Very similar body compared to Leslie. I dont think he has Leslie's bounce, but seems more skilled offensively to me
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
Strick
Lead Assistant

Post#182 » by Strick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:13 am

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Strick wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
I'd chill on Bazley.

Fair enough lol. Probably got overhyped watching clips when he was committed to 'cuse. He does seem to have some nice skills for a lanky 6'9 player. Interested to see how his progression might vary from people similar to him since he will he in the G-league (if he still is doing that).

Thin as can be though, but maybe not having to "focus" on classes and just thinking basketball 24/7 will help him progress his game and body more than a year of college would

Anyways, he might pan out. Reminds me of CJ Leslie a bit - a stronger Leslie (if Bazley gets stronger) is possibly a rotation guy. Isn’t Bazley going G-League?

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#183 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:16 am

Strick wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Strick wrote:Fair enough lol. Probably got overhyped watching clips when he was committed to 'cuse. He does seem to have some nice skills for a lanky 6'9 player. Interested to see how his progression might vary from people similar to him since he will he in the G-league (if he still is doing that).

Yeah, last I heard Bazley is going G-league. Interested to see how someone thin like he is will progress physically doing that rather than having school too.

Very similar body compared to Leslie. I dont think he has Leslie's bounce, but seems more skilled offensively to me

The thing to watch with him is how the G-League team treats him. The team that drafts him won’t get his rights in the NBA, so why focus on developing him in the G-League over guys whose rights they own? Right? Interesting storyline, IMO. If he’s good enough he’ll play regardless, but if he’s not...wasted year from game development perspective. I really hope he works on his skills because otherwise it’d be a wasted year.
Strick
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#184 » by Strick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:17 am

Strick wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Strick wrote:Fair enough lol. Probably got overhyped watching clips when he was committed to 'cuse. He does seem to have some nice skills for a lanky 6'9 player. Interested to see how his progression might vary from people similar to him since he will he in the G-league (if he still is doing that).

You're good man no worries lol. I'll admit I'm probably a bit biased since they're my team at least were growing up.

Yeah, he is going G-league as far as I know. I'm interested to see how someone with his build will progress physically compared to going to school for a year. I would imagine being able to strictly focus on basketball should make things better for him as far as gaining muscle

Very similar body to Leslie. I don't think Bazley has his bounce, but I do think he is more polished or skilled offensively than Leslie

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Strick
Lead Assistant

Re: RE: Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#185 » by Strick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:19 am

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Strick wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:I never get excited about Syracuse guys. :D My bad if I came on strong.

The thing to watch with him is how the G-League team treats him. The team that drafts him won’t get his rights in the NBA, so why focus on developing him in the G-League over guys whose rights they own? Right? Interesting storyline, IMO. If he’s good enough he’ll play regardless, but if he’s not...wasted year from game development perspective. I really hope he works on his skills because otherwise it’d be a wasted year.
That's a good point. I never really thought about the aspect of him being "drafted" and all that. Well, hopefully he is able to get in a situation where he is able to play and progress.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#186 » by fatalogic » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:25 am

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Strick wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:I never get excited about Syracuse guys. :D My bad if I came on strong.

Think they are waiting until revoking the 1 and done to fix that? I mean if they are going to use the G-league as a legit farm system they have to at least allow a team that develops a player to get first crack at signing them.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#187 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:27 am

fatalogic wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Strick wrote:I'll admit I am biased a bit, because I'm a fan lol. Nah, you're good man

Think they are waiting until revoking the 1 and done to fix that? I mean if they are going to use the G-league as a legit farm system they have to at least allow a team that develops a player to get first crack at signing them.

I think that might be part of the reason why they’re revoking the rule, but not the reason. Either way, I’m happy and think it’s the right move.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#188 » by robillionaire » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:07 am

I’m terrified about the new draft lotto system. We will get knocked back 4 spots every season. Worst team in the NBA has 47% chance of picking 5th lol
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#189 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:03 pm

Adam Mokoka could be a nice 3/D guy going forward.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#190 » by Spree2Houston » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:26 pm

I really like Barrett as we lack players who can penetrate and get to the rim (outside of Timmy). His penetration can open up the 3 point shooting from the rest of the guys.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#191 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:I really like Barrett as we lack players who can penetrate and get to the rim (outside of Timmy). His penetration can open up the 3 point shooting from the rest of the guys.

You mean Attack like this.... Nah. Knick Fans dont want this...he is overrated.

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,689

Post#192 » by Fat » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:01 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:I really like Barrett as we lack players who can penetrate and get to the rim (outside of Timmy). His penetration can open up the 3 point shooting from the rest of the guys.

i think we have no chance at him he will probably be the #1 pick
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#193 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:28 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

i think we have no chance at him he will probably be the #1 pick

To early for me to be saying anything who will be or not be. NBA Season ain't start, college ain't start.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#194 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:22 am

Just generally speaking, I’m going back to lurking more and posting way less. If I post at all (outside of the analysis), it’ll only be in here.

Not posting my retirement (or 100th name change) anywhere else because, honestly, the draft guys are the ones I like more. If you guys want to contact me, send me a PM or hit me up on twitter.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#195 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:44 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:Just generally speaking, I’m going back to lurking more and posting way less. If I post at all (outside of the analysis), it’ll only be in here.

Not posting my retirement (or 100th name change) anywhere else because, honestly, the draft guys are the ones I like more. If you guys want to contact me, send me a PM or hit me up on twitter.

Salute Mr Retired Mod.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#196 » by 2010 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:42 am

The more I watch Cam Reddish, the more I think he is the ideal target that fits the Knicks like a glove. Langford fits too but Cam is just so well-rounded. I believe Cam would propel the Knicks to the next level. Such a seamless fit. Knicks have got to position themselves to stay within his pick range. Just play the kids throughout, let them take their lumps and don't overplay the vets eeking out cheap wins.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#197 » by N Y K » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:46 am

2010 wrote:The more I watch Cam Reddish, the more I think he is the ideal target that fits the Knicks like a glove. Langford fits too but Cam is just so well-rounded. I believe Cam would propel the Knicks to the next level. Such a seamless fit. Knicks have got to position themselves to stay within his pick range. Just play the kids throughout, let them take their lumps and don't overplay the vets eeking out cheap wins.

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,036

Post#198 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:04 pm

2010 wrote:The more I watch Cam Reddish, the more I think he is the ideal target that fits the Knicks like a glove. Langford fits too but Cam is just so well-rounded. I believe Cam would propel the Knicks to the next level. Such a seamless fit. Knicks have got to position themselves to stay within his pick range. Just play the kids throughout, let them take their lumps and don't overplay the vets eeking out cheap wins.

if u don’t like ayton for his motor then u gonna hate cam
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,630

Post#199 » by DaGawd » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:48 pm

Because it's never too early...http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft
BaF
Washington Wizards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,036

Post#200 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:18 pm

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to New York Knicks