ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,719

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#201 » by 8516knicks » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:06 pm

DaGawd wrote:Because it's never too early...http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

I really don't want to see us get a 6'6'' power forward!
:noway:
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#202 » by fatalogic » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:22 pm

8516knicks wrote:

? mine says Cam Reddish at 2.
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#203 » by 2010 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:50 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:The more I watch Cam Reddish, the more I think he is the ideal target that fits the Knicks like a glove. Langford fits too but Cam is just so well-rounded. I believe Cam would propel the Knicks to the next level. Such a seamless fit. Knicks have got to position themselves to stay within his pick range. Just play the kids throughout, let them take their lumps and don't overplay the vets eeking out cheap wins.

if u don’t like ayton for his motor then u gonna hate cam

Bigs with questions about their motor are far more of a risk than a wing with questions about their motor. Why?

Cuz a big is your last line of defense. If he is a soft lazy piece of schit it can mentally deflate your defensive morale. Imagine playing tough defense for 23 seconds and your garfield ass cat paid to protect the middle does not secure the defensive rebound.

Imaging how demoralizing it is to see someone enter the paint and your 7ft tall C with the body of a god, just roll out the red carpet and let him score without protecting the rim.

A guard who has motor issues can be hid, can be switched onto a 3D offensive guy who does not create his own shot, or can use his length as a deterrent.

Reddish's motor issues aren't even much of a putoff to me. Offensively he is has the most tools in his box out of any of the prospects I have been watching thus far.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,607

Post#204 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:11 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:The more I watch Cam Reddish, the more I think he is the ideal target that fits the Knicks like a glove. Langford fits too but Cam is just so well-rounded. I believe Cam would propel the Knicks to the next level. Such a seamless fit. Knicks have got to position themselves to stay within his pick range. Just play the kids throughout, let them take their lumps and don't overplay the vets eeking out cheap wins.

if u don’t like ayton for his motor then u gonna hate cam

Bigs with questions about their motor are far more of a risk than a wing with questions about their motor. Why?

Cuz a big is your last line of defense. If he is a soft lazy piece of schit it can mentally deflate your defensive morale. Imagine playing tough defense for 23 seconds and your garfield ass cat paid to protect the middle does not secure the defensive rebound.

Imaging how demoralizing it is to see someone enter the paint and your 7ft tall C with the body of a god, just roll out the red carpet and let him score without protecting the rim.

A guard who has motor issues can be hid, can be switched onto a 3D offensive guy who does not create his own shot, or can use his length as a deterrent.

Reddish's motor issues aren't even much of a putoff to me. Offensively he is has the most tools in his box out of any of the prospects I have been watching thus far.

his motor is worse than ayton. dude plays invisible ball on both ends. idc if he not a big or not that is still trash for any player. i wish the search button worked cause i posted a piece on him a couple months ago from draftexpress and they said the dude doesnt even try in practice either. basically called him a bum

go watch the hoop summit and you'll see what im talking about. and the fact that his jumper is ugly turns me off even more
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RealGM

Post#205 » by 2010 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:14 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:if u don’t like ayton for his motor then u gonna hate cam

his motor is worse than ayton. dude plays invisible ball on both ends. idc if he not a big or not that is still trash for any player. i wish the search button worked cause i posted a piece on him a couple months ago from draftexpress and they said the dude doesnt even try in practice either. basically called him a bum

go watch the hoop summit and you'll see what im talking about. and the fact that his jumper is ugly turns me off even more

Here we go with you marginalizing a player again cuz you don't like the form on his jumper.

Need I remind you of Josh Jackson form? :lol:

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#206 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:24 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

Here we go with you marginalizing a player again cuz you don't like the form on his jumper.

josh jackson is a better prospect than cam tho. and he plays with a high motor
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RealGM

Post#207 » by 2010 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:26 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:his motor is worse than ayton. dude plays invisible ball on both ends. idc if he not a big or not that is still trash for any player. i wish the search button worked cause i posted a piece on him a couple months ago from draftexpress and they said the dude doesnt even try in practice either. basically called him a bum

I disagree. Barring injury, I would predict Cam has a better career than Jackson.

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,719

Post#208 » by 8516knicks » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:48 pm

fatalogic wrote:
8516knicks wrote:

? mine says Cam Reddish at 2.

My mistake - took too quick a look -- on my fire screen the phoenix logo looked like Knicks - #5 Zion W. :o :oops:
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#209 » by N Y K » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:47 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:if u don’t like ayton for his motor then u gonna hate cam

poor motor in college is a legit concern, and if it remains a problem next year, it will definitely give me pause. but a suspect motor in high school/aau is nothing to me unless it continues in college... the boy knows how to play basketball.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#210 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:54 am

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

I disagree. Barring injury, I would predict Cam has a better career than Jackson.

we'll see.i won't deny that cam got great potential tho. but i got some reservations on him
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#211 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:55 am

N Y K wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

poor motor in college is a legit concern, and if it remains a problem next year, it will definitely give me pause. but a suspect motor in high school/aau is nothing to me unless it continues in college... the boy knows how to play basketball.

too bad he doesnt take basketball seriously
N Y K
RealGM

Post#212 » by N Y K » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:59 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
N Y K wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:his motor is worse than ayton. dude plays invisible ball on both ends. idc if he not a big or not that is still trash for any player. i wish the search button worked cause i posted a piece on him a couple months ago from draftexpress and they said the dude doesnt even try in practice either. basically called him a bum

illmatic needs to swap in melo for cleo for me... this boy either knows cam's truth in his heart or sees the future

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#213 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:08 am

N Y K wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
N Y K wrote:poor motor in college is a legit concern, and if it remains a problem next year, it will definitely give me pause. but a suspect motor in high school/aau is nothing to me unless it continues in college... the boy knows how to play basketball.

illmatic needs to swap in melo for cleo for me... this boy either knows cam's truth in his heart or sees the future

so if he is a no show in practices and doesnt try in games what does that tell you about him?
N Y K
RealGM

Post#214 » by N Y K » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:14 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
N Y K wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:too bad he doesnt take basketball seriously

so if he is a no show in practices and doesnt try in games what does that tell you about him?

For nearly three years, it rarely failed.

Each weekday morning at 6 a.m., Steve Tulleners would arrive at the Westtown School weight room for an early workout, and within minutes, he'd hear a basketball bouncing in the gymnasium, which is located one level above.

"If I didn't hear anything by 6:15," Tulleners said, "I knew something was wrong."

For at least an hour before class each day during the school year, Reddish would hoist shot after shot while listening to rap music on his earphones. He'd repeat the routine during breaks in the afternoon and again at night.

"You're not going to have to beg to get Cam into a practice facility," Tulleners said. "You're going to have to beg him to get out."

Each summer, when he returned home, Reddish would often leave his family's house for a predawn workout and return before his parents were even awake.

Basketball, Reddish is fond of saying, is more than simply a love or a passion. It's his heartbeat.

"He's always had a different trajectory as it relates to basketball," Zanthia said. "It defines him. It's who he is. It's all he thinks about. It's what he wants to be. He's walking into his calling."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766532-duke-recruit-cam-reddish-is-going-to-be-a-star-but-not-the-kind-youre-used-to

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#215 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:29 am

N Y K wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
N Y K wrote:illmatic needs to swap in melo for cleo for me... this boy either knows cam's truth in his heart or sees the future

Each weekday morning at 6 a.m., Steve Tulleners would arrive at the Westtown School weight room for an early workout, and within minutes, he'd hear a basketball bouncing in the gymnasium, which is located one level above.

"If I didn't hear anything by 6:15," Tulleners said, "I knew something was wrong."

For at least an hour before class each day during the school year, Reddish would hoist shot after shot while listening to rap music on his earphones. He'd repeat the routine during breaks in the afternoon and again at night.

"You're not going to have to beg to get Cam into a practice facility," Tulleners said. "You're going to have to beg him to get out."

Each summer, when he returned home, Reddish would often leave his family's house for a predawn workout and return before his parents were even awake.

Basketball, Reddish is fond of saying, is more than simply a love or a passion. It's his heartbeat.

"He's always had a different trajectory as it relates to basketball," Zanthia said. "It defines him. It's who he is. It's all he thinks about. It's what he wants to be. He's walking into his calling."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766532-duke-recruit-cam-reddish-is-going-to-be-a-star-but-not-the-kind-youre-used-to

yet he plays like he doesnt care at all and is STILL a no show in practices.

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Post#216 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:33 am

When did Duke play? Speaking on AAU/HS babies when they haven't played any games yet is a little foolish no?
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
N Y K
RealGM

Post#217 » by N Y K » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:42 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
N Y K wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:so if he is a no show in practices and doesnt try in games what does that tell you about him?

i mean can you show me where this doesn't show up for practices thing comes from? or you just making it up?

“I liked his style,” Reddish said. “He’s a ‘go guy.’ He wants everybody to go and push. He wants everybody to play hard every single time. I like that about him. He was pushing me to get better every day.

“He was on me a lot. He wouldn’t let me take any plays off. Not even in practice. Not even layups.”

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article161863213.html#storylink=cpy

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#218 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:00 am

N Y K wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

i mean can you show me where this doesn't show up for practices thing comes from? or you just making it up?

“I liked his style,” Reddish said. “He’s a ‘go guy.’ He wants everybody to go and push. He wants everybody to play hard every single time. I like that about him. He was pushing me to get better every day.

“He was on me a lot. He wouldn’t let me take any plays off. Not even in practice. Not even layups.”

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article161863213.html#storylink=cpy

i found it. practice notes from the hoop summit
With guards Tre Jones and Tyler Herro struggling to create efficient offense in the half court, and point forward Cam Reddish completely disappearing all week, Grimes has moved into a ball-dominant role that really suits his skill set projecting forward. He operates at different speeds naturally, has excellent vision, creativity and unselfishness distributing the ball out of pick-and-roll sets, and has the strength and toughness to finish aggressively around the basket when he gets into the lane. He brings a similar no-nonsense mindset to the defensive end as well.

One final note to keep in mind projecting toward the game will be watching the play of the most highly regarded recruit on USA Basketball's roster, Cam Reddish. After sleepwalking through the McDonald's and Jordan Brand Classic events while demonstrating zero intensity, Reddish has been somewhat of a ghost here in Portland as well, drawing quite a bit of negativity from NBA scouts due to his casual and passive approach. It will be interesting to see if Reddish can find a way to tap into his considerable talent level and show more competitiveness in the actual game, as he's really rested on his laurels this past month.

dude was already showing red flags in the practices and lived up to his lazy reputation in the actual game.
N Y K
RealGM

Post#219 » by N Y K » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:05 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
N Y K wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:yet he plays like he doesnt care at all and is STILL a no show in practices.

With guards Tre Jones and Tyler Herro struggling to create efficient offense in the half court, and point forward Cam Reddish completely disappearing all week, Grimes has moved into a ball-dominant role that really suits his skill set projecting forward. He operates at different speeds naturally, has excellent vision, creativity and unselfishness distributing the ball out of pick-and-roll sets, and has the strength and toughness to finish aggressively around the basket when he gets into the lane. He brings a similar no-nonsense mindset to the defensive end as well.

One final note to keep in mind projecting toward the game will be watching the play of the most highly regarded recruit on USA Basketball's roster, Cam Reddish. After sleepwalking through the McDonald's and Jordan Brand Classic events while demonstrating zero intensity, Reddish has been somewhat of a ghost here in Portland as well, drawing quite a bit of negativity from NBA scouts due to his casual and passive approach. It will be interesting to see if Reddish can find a way to tap into his considerable talent level and show more competitiveness in the actual game, as he's really rested on his laurels this past month.

dude was already showing red flags in the practices and lived up to his lazy reputation in the actual game.

AYO!!!

Did you just quote a post on a forum that has no responses?!?! who dafuq is jakarii?!! i cant find that content anywhere except on that site...

https://duke.forums.rivals.com/threads/hoopsummit-scrimmage-notes-and-practice-notes-jones-reddish-and-barrett.10856465/

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#220 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:21 am

N Y K wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
N Y K wrote:i mean can you show me where this doesn't show up for practices thing comes from? or you just making it up?

AYO!!!

Did you just quote a post on a forum that has no responses?!?! who dafuq is jakarii?!! i cant find that content anywhere except on that site...

https://duke.forums.rivals.com/threads/hoopsummit-scrimmage-notes-and-practice-notes-jones-reddish-and-barrett.10856465/

LOL have a seat AGAIN. like i said, it's from DRAFTEXPRESS
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/23150425/2018-nike-hoop-summit-preview-mike-schmitz-jonathan-givony

Return to New York Knicks