Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#821 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 2, 2018 6:23 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7085417
If Philly does not get Kawhi and the Cavs really do want to move Love fast... Love and Perkins for Covington,Bayless,2021 first via Miami and the rights to Jonah Bolden

I think I would prefer going for Zhaire than the 2021 MIA 1st. Sure the 2021 MIA 1st could be amazing, but that's 3 years down the line. At least with Zhaire we'd have our potential future backcourt of Sexton/Smith developing together over the next few years.

sure, but they wouldn't give him up in that scenario.I think the post Pat Riley years which that Miami pick would be are going to be a pretty decent pick. We would have to give up somebody like Zizic or even Cedi instead of Perk as a salary filler most likely to get Smith.
Bolden is a solid player also.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#822 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 2, 2018 6:39 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7085763
Hill and Cavs 2021 2nd protected 31-45 to DET for Ish Smith's expiring,Leuer and the rights to Khyri Thomas.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#823 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 7:28 pm

Stillwater wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7085763
Hill and Cavs 2021 2nd protected 31-45 to DET for Ish Smith's expiring,Leuer and the rights to Khyri Thomas.

Cavs should let the market settle and allow the other teams, who want to shed cap and/or win now, have their what-are-we-going-to-do-now moment. Let most of the other teams use their cap and wait for Leonard to get traded to the Lakers. Cavs will be in the catbird seat at that point.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#824 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 2, 2018 8:07 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7085763

Cavs should let the market settle and allow the other teams, who want to shed cap and/or win now, have their what-are-we-going-to-do-now moment. Let most of the other teams use their cap and wait for Leonard to get traded to the Lakers. Cavs will be in the catbird seat at that point.

Yeah I hear you no need for knee jerk moves if more opens up to unload Hill in time.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#825 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 5:23 pm

A number of trade options are being considered by Lakers executives Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka, and names that are being bandied about include Damian Lillard, Kevin Love, DeMar DeRozan, Bradley Beal, and John Wall … among others.

https://www.getmoresports.com/sheridan-will-lebron-james-land-lakers-career/

If we could somehow get Ingram in a Deng dump for Love, I wouldn't care what else we did this year.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#826 » by Trailbreaker » Wed Jul 4, 2018 7:36 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
A number of trade options are being considered by Lakers executives Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka, and names that are being bandied about include Damian Lillard, Kevin Love, DeMar DeRozan, Bradley Beal, and John Wall … among others.

If we could somehow get Ingram in a Deng dump for Love, I wouldn't care what else we did this year.

Sexton + Ingram would be a sweet start to the season and future.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#827 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 4, 2018 11:36 pm

a 3 team deal sending Love elsewhere where we take on Deng and Ingram could work as well. Love & Ball to Portland / Damion , Aminu to LA etc.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,602

Post#828 » by youngthegiant » Thu Jul 5, 2018 4:12 am

Faried, Darrell Arthur, 2nd rd pick for George Hill?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#829 » by Dupp » Thu Jul 5, 2018 4:32 am

jbk1234 wrote:

I’d say they’d be dumb to do it but watching what they’ve done post signing Lebron who knows. Doubtful though
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#830 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 5, 2018 3:09 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Faried, Darrell Arthur, 2nd rd pick for George Hill?

Thats not the kind of trade CLE would do, because Hills partial guarantee in 2019 makes him basically the same amount of tax relief at the end of next season as taking on those 2 expiring's , a 2nd rounder from a fringe playoff team is not appealing. Hill is a productive valuable 2-way asset that will yield more than that at the deadline.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#831 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:33 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7095157
rumors around CLE Philly interested in Korver. It would also clear some cap for us.
I could see us moving him for a young high level shooter who can play both guard positions and a future 2nd.
Another possibility is Portland sending us Simons who is a couple years away but has elite tools.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7095303
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#832 » by Dupp » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:57 am

Smfh we coulda had doncic
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#833 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:05 am

Dupp wrote:Smfh we coulda had doncic

Not really ,just because atl wanted to get rid of bazemore who is trash and were wanting back players we need to retain such as Zizic and Osman in a post James retool doesn't mean we we're that close to acquiring the 3rd pick.
I mean if we could have traded Thompson I would have taken back bazemore and drafted JJJ.
Doncic "is" the best player in this draft, but his ceiling is not higher than JJJ or Sexton.
Oh and the report fails to mention the likely desire of ATL to acquire Kevin Love in that pick swap... Which is doa
Trailbreaker
Junior

Post#834 » by Trailbreaker » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:31 pm

I wouldn’t have minded taking Bazemore for the higher pick, but I’m sure something is missing from that trade scenario. Something like future picks ATL would have wanted and maybe salaries matching up, methinks.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#835 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:53 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7096755
Cavs send Denver the pg they need to make a playoff run who is also basically an expiring with such a small guarantee.
Denver sends Farried' expiring who would fit better in CLE new offense than in Denver and Denver also throws in Beasley instead of draft assets.
Beasley is out of the rotation in Denver imo, but has shown flashes in SL of eventually becoming a solid 2-way player and might be a great fit next to Sexton if Hood is not retained.

-----------edit within hours after posting this Faried was traded and Denver signed IT
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#836 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:10 am

I'm totally content on rolling with this team and being on track to win 30-35 games at the deadline. I suspect some team who looks okay on paper now, but who doesn't end up playing all that well, calls on Love/Korver before then.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Trailbreaker
Junior

Post#837 » by Trailbreaker » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:57 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I'm totally content on rolling with this team and being on track to win 30-35 games at the deadline. I suspect some team who looks okay on paper now, but who doesn't end up playing all that well, calls on Love/Korver before then.

I think this team will be swell to watch.

Has anybody seen ticket prices to games at the Q? I imagine there will be more discounts this season.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#838 » by Stillwater » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:46 pm

I have to admit I am really high on this roster shocking the living hell out of the NBA and losing in the first round of the playoffs as opposed to being a tank-esque bottom dweller. But that being said wanted us to add a 3&D swingman from the 2nd round to take over for Korver going forward...the ideal situation really though would be a high level defender who is a solid but not elite 3 point shooter to replace SMith at the 2 guard spot...I know I am beating this to death , but Khyri Thomas who has yet to be signed by Detroit who also took Bruce Brown after they traded up for Thomas and have already signed Brown is loaded at the off guard/and 2/3 role.
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#839 » by rickrolled » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:31 pm

Morris for Osman anyone? Your team is already in the luxury tax and Love won't be gone soon, would you do this? For Boston it's to avoid being taxpayers.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#840 » by Revenged25 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:34 am

rickrolled wrote:Morris for Osman anyone? Your team is already in the luxury tax and Love won't be gone soon, would you do this? For Boston it's to avoid being taxpayers.

I dunno you want to send us Tatum for Okaro White, it's a non-guaranteed contract, will help you get out of being taxpayers. Also we aren't in the luxury tax.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers