MD 53: FA and Current Affairs Forum, Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitation and Promotions

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

MD 53: FA and Current Affairs Forum, Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitation and Promotions 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jul 1, 2018 4:04 am

Mass Dispatch 53.0

In this edition of Mass Dispatch....

- The Mass Matter weighs in on Free Agency on The Forums along with our Current Affairs Forum.

- The Winner of The delayed "Clean Slate" Competition is revealed.

- Information about the annual Mass Dispatch "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational.

- "Inside The Administrator's Office" announces some promotions of members of The RealGM Moderator Team.
Let's get right to The Mass Matter..................

The Mass Matter: Free Agency and Our Current Affairs Forum

There are two important things that I wanted to address in The Mass Matter.

1) Free Agency On The Forums.

With Free Agency underway, there could be some tensions among fan bases if.............

- A Player Switches Teams

- A Team that everyone hates gets a great player

- A Team makes an unpopular trade.

This could lead to fans trolling a Forum and Users who have fans of a team being attacked on the Forums.

To anyone who is planning on doing any of these things, just remember that 4 years ago when LeBron bolted Miami, 29 Users decided to troll The Miami Heat Forum.

That day 29 Users got suspended and they were immediately stopped in their tracks via the ability of each Forum Moderator to issue temporary suspensions until I can deal with the issue and properly sentence the User.

So, let's all have a great time on the Forums these next 1-3 weeks and DO NOT TROLL or you will suffer the consequences of being off the Forum for a few days during this much exciting time.

2) Current Affairs Forum

With the high political tension at the moment in The United States, our Current Affairs is probably the toughest Forum to moderate on RealGM.

Most of us have our political leanings and a lot of people on here know mine but I believe all of our Users should be able to express theirs. I always make it a point to have Moderators with different political views.

Given how tense things have been lately, I doubled the Moderator Team on the Forum recently and this has helped quell things.
However, it's only the first of a few changes.

A new Strike/Suspension system is possible that could result in more Current Affairs Board Bans.

The main concern I have is the Moderators not getting stressed out over volunteering to Moderate a Forum as my goal has always been for moderating to be fun and easy.

I will do whatever is necessary to help my Moderator Team and am discussing a new system swith them behind the scenes.
One very important thing though and this goes for all Forums.......

NEVER tell a Moderator on my Staff to "S**k My d**k"

This happened recently and I personally made the decision to suspend the User.

If there is a problem with a Moderator, contact me but if someone tries to say something along the line of the above, you will feel my wrath.

In closing, one of The Current Affairs Forum summed up the situation well on The Current Affairs Forum and I want to close this subject

"The Current Affairs Forum is sort of like the general board but with fewer people. We cannot allow things to get out of control here and users need to be able to communicate clearly with each other without derailing and degrading the conversation. If you don't like someone, if something about them bothers you, or if another user breaks the rule please remember to either take advantage of the ignore function or report the post rather than cause drama and break rules."

"The political climate and social events around the world right now are intense and full of a lot of tension because there's a lot of anger and hurt in the air, it's a big moment in history, and entering into discussions need to be done with genuine intent. It isn't easy for the moderators. Maybe abide by three good questions: 'does this need to be said.' 'does this need to be said by me.' 'does this need to be said by me right now'."

Winner of "Clean Slate"

Last year, I announced the Second Annual Edition of "Clean Slate".

Unlike the first edition when there were 8 applicants, the recent edition only had 2 candidates apply.

The reason for this was the other 9 applicants who applied only had General NBA Board Strikes and were advised to request a General NBA Board Account Review instead.

So, I delayed the competitiomn and allowed a second chance to enter and also awarded a spot in the competition to The Winner of this year's "Beat The Commish" NFL Picks against the Spread Champion The Penguin as a prize.

This left a pretty good field of candidates and The RealGM Moderator Team has spoken.

The Winner of the second "Clean Slate" Competition is.....

The Penguin

This makes The Penguin a double champion and all four of your warnings that were from 2007-2010 have been wiped off of your record giving you a "Clean Slate" on RealGM.

Congratulations!

BTW: To the other participants including the late entries, since this contest dragged out, anyone who entered can send me a PM and I'll put you up to The RealGM Moderator Team and let them vote on if you should receive a "Clean Slate".

The Annual "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" Invitational

The one time a year where Users who feel passed over, rejected, shafted, disenfranchised, relentlessly campaign to be a Moderator (there are a few) or just want the opportunity to join the ranks of The RealGM Moderator Team is here.

Users who fit the above criteria can inquire and apply for a chance to win an interview with yours truly to become a RealGM Moderator.

Applicants may apply to be a Moderator on any RealGM Forum even if that Forum has no vacancy.

For example, one of the two winners of the competition from two years ago BombsquadSammy applied to be a General NBA Board Moderator and while he almost was selected outright as a General NBA Board Moderator, he ended up co-moderating our San Antonio Spurs Forum. He eventually did become a General NBA Board Moderator as they had actually unknowingly been a candidate for that Forum before they had applied and when a vacancy came up, he ended up becoming a General NBA Board Moderator.

This Invitational has been a great opportunity for Users who wanted an opportunity. The Winners of the Invitational that have gone on to become Moderators are MadNESS, ReasonablySober (formerly DrugBust), BombSquadSammy and last year's winner humanrefutation. All have been very solid Moderators on their respective Forums.

There have also been several runner ups who have not won the interview and gone on to become Moderators down the line. I'll save that for the next edition to encourage the runner ups. All runner ups are guaranteed an honest assessment of their future Moderator prospects at the end of the Invitational.

So, if you have the ambition to join the RealGM Moderator Team or feel like you have been overlooked, shafted or passed over..........

Just send me a PM titled : “Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be a Moderator? Invitational”

Your application should include your Username and a link to your profile.

Then just list the forum(s) you would like to apply for if you want to apply for a specific one and why you are the best person to join The RealGM Moderator Team.

Applications will be accepted until Tuesday July 17 at 11:59 PM U.S. EST.

Members of The RealGM Moderator Team will then cast their votes on whom they feel most deserves a shot to join their ranks.

The winning applicant will win an interview with me for a chance to become a Moderator and that will be announced in the next edition of Mass Dispatch.

I look forward to seeing all of the applicants and if one of you will become the next RealGM Moderator.

Inside The Administrator's Office

I want to use this portion to recognize some members of the RealGM Moderator Team.

The following Moderators have earned promotions to the rank of "Senior Moderator(s)" for their respective Forums.

NBA Trades and Transactions Forum: HartfordWhalers, loserX, Texas Chuck

Brooklyn Nets: Rich Rane

Dallas Mavericks: Dirk Nowitzki

Philadelphia Sixers: Sixerscan, sixers_hoops, HartfordWhalers

Portland Trail Blazers: The Sebastian Express

Please join me in congratulating these Moderators on their promotions to "Senior Moderator" on their respective Forums.

Final Thoughts

If you have a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Re: MD 53: Free Agency On The Forums, Current Affairs Forum, Who Wants To Be A Moderator?, Promotions 

Post#2 » by truth18 » Sun Jul 1, 2018 9:40 am

When does search return?
YOU LOSE
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MD 53: Free Agency On The Forums, Current Affairs Forum, Who Wants To Be A Moderator?, Promotions 

Post#3 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jul 1, 2018 2:33 pm

truth18 wrote:When does search return?

truth18,

We hope to have it back soon but I've been told there is no timetable.

I regret this inconvenience and it sucks for me too.

The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#4 » by The Penguin » Mon Jul 2, 2018 12:55 pm

Thank you so much Howard! Appreciate all you do and the whole community!
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#5 » by petebraun0 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 1:06 pm

why do topics get locked? my draft topic got locked. Are those topics that are poorly written or not interesting? Why not just delete it?
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#6 » by Topher » Mon Jul 2, 2018 1:40 pm

Howard is truly a brother. God bless this man.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#7 » by Howard Mass » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:03 pm

The Penguin wrote:Thank you so much Howard! Appreciate all you do and the whole community!

Congrats!

I got to get you a new title as you are a current dual champion.

If I don't do it by the end of the week, please remind me with a PM.

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#8 » by Howard Mass » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:04 pm

petebraun0 wrote:why do topics get locked? my draft topic got locked. Are those topics that are poorly written or not interesting? Why not just delete it?

Which Forum did this happen on?

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#9 » by Howard Mass » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:04 pm

Topher wrote:Howard is truly a brother. God bless this man.

Thank you but no need to kiss my ass.

petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#10 » by petebraun0 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:44 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
petebraun0 wrote:why do topics get locked? my draft topic got locked. Are those topics that are poorly written or not interesting? Why not just delete it?

Just a draft topic on the chicago bulls forums. It wasn't that bad a topic. would have gotten some views and hits. Peter
Topher
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Topher » Mon Jul 2, 2018 4:50 pm

Howard Mass wrote:

Ouch :cry:
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#12 » by mirrornick » Mon Jul 2, 2018 8:52 pm

Topher is the goat poster. Just like Howard Mass is a goat in every other aspects
Topher
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Topher » Tue Jul 3, 2018 1:48 am

mirrornick wrote:Topher is the goat poster. Just like Howard Mass is a goat in every other aspects

2 future mods right here.
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#14 » by mirrornick » Tue Jul 3, 2018 2:29 am

Topher wrote:
mirrornick wrote:Topher is the goat poster. Just like Howard Mass is a goat in every other aspects

2 future mods right here.

But you are my burner account, that means 1 future mod.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,835

Post#15 » by Sofia » Tue Jul 3, 2018 6:42 am

Howard Mass wrote:

Just use the search function

:thumbsup:
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,835

Post#16 » by Sofia » Tue Jul 3, 2018 6:44 am

Howard Mass wrote:

What if there is no need, just a want?
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#17 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 4, 2018 7:52 pm

Howard, do you think about me?
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#18 » by Geddy » Wed Jul 4, 2018 8:01 pm

El Turco wrote:Howard, do you think about me?

no one thinks about you, get real
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#19 » by El Turco » Wed Jul 4, 2018 10:03 pm

Who pissed on your iftar, pal
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Topher
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Topher » Thu Jul 5, 2018 12:18 pm

El Turco wrote:Who pissed on your iftar, pal

Beedy has a small pen15

Return to Mass Dispatch