Kawhi Leonard Not Guaranteed To Sign With Lakers In 2019

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 3, 2018 10:50 pm

The trade market for Kawhi Leonard continues to move slowly as the San Antonio Spurs are in no rush to deal him.

The Spurs are expected to remain "extremely patient" fielding offers on Leonard.

"One thing that's been made abundantly clear. I'm going to stress this: There's no guarantee if Kawhi Leonard hits the market next summer he's going to sign with the Lakers, period," said Shams Charania on The Herd. "I think his options have broadened a little bit. There's another team obviously in L.A. I think he'd be very much open to the Clippers.

"There's a belief around the league that if the Sixers came hard, there could be potential there for him to potentially be there in the long-term."

Talks haven't advanced with any teams to the point where his camp has been approached about Leonard's potential interest with a specific team.

"There's not much interest in the Boston Celtics scenario for him," added Charania.

"Around Kawhi, it's been made abundantly clear there's not an interest to go join a superteam. I don't think he's jumping for joy that LeBron James is in L.A. with the Lakers. If anything, that's going to make him look, maybe more, toward the Clippers because this is a guy that won Finals MVP against LeBron James. You think he's amped up and wants to join LeBron now? I think that's been overstated."

Via Shams Charania/Yahoo! Sports

CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,074

Re: Kawhi Leonard Not Guaranteed To Sign With Lakers In 2019 

Post#2 » by CIN-C-STAR » Tue Jul 3, 2018 11:14 pm

Kawhi's camp are such amateurs. They've no idea what they're doing, and yet thought they were smart enough to bully the Spurs organization into doing what they wanted :lol:
As a fan of the league, I'd like to see him go East to restore a little bit of balance, but after the way he's handled this, I just hope wherever he goes it doesn't work out.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#3 » by hyberx » Tue Jul 3, 2018 11:36 pm

Why rush it? Cousins' signing with the Ws just put a lot more pressure on the Lakers. Meanwhile, Boston knows getting Kawhi to pair with Irving and GH would make them an instant Final super team for many more years to come especially playing in the G League plus. I am sure Spurs would be able to get a nice deal from Boston if Lakers plays hardball.
Dallas2020
Sophomore
And1: 176

Post#4 » by Dallas2020 » Tue Jul 3, 2018 11:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kobe System
Lead Assistant
And1: 449

Post#5 » by Kobe System » Wed Jul 4, 2018 12:02 am

Nice try, Spurs! :lol:
Kobe System
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Kobe System » Wed Jul 4, 2018 12:05 am

hyberx wrote:Why rush it? Cousins' signing with the Ws just put a lot more pressure on the Lakers. Meanwhile, Boston knows getting Kawhi to pair with Irving and GH would make them an instant Final super team for many more years to come especially playing in the G League plus. I am sure Spurs would be able to get a nice deal from Boston if Lakers plays hardball.

Warriors signing Cousins puts no pressure to the Lakers. Everybody knows it is a 2 year plan. Even James knows that. Why do you think we are only signing player on a 1 year deal?

Spurs has NO leverage over the Lakers. They can trade him to Boston or Philly and we will just try to sign him next season.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#7 » by JordansBulls » Wed Jul 4, 2018 12:15 am

I think if this is true it is because it doesn't want to be a 2nd option to Lebron nor be somewhere where everything is about Lebron.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#8 » by gdog2004 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 12:53 am

Translation : "Please someone trade for me so I don't have to be forced to sit out for the whole year.
I promise not to join the Lakers next year, scouts honor."
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#9 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jul 4, 2018 1:03 am

Yea, he has screwed up last season and probably next season for the Spurs anyways. (getting young players and picks) But for Kawaii's new team it's most likely about winning now.

They can afford to be more patient.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Kobe System » Wed Jul 4, 2018 1:24 am

gdog2004 wrote:

Translation : "Please someone trade for me so I don't have to be forced to sit out for the whole year.

Translation: (Spurs) Trade for Kawhi since Lakers don't want to give us the farm. He still might sign with your team. Please! Help!
AussieRules
Starter
And1: 2,002

Post#11 » by AussieRules » Wed Jul 4, 2018 1:49 am

Honestly in the 9 games that he played, he didn’t look impressive. Lakers aren’t going to beat the warriors anyway so why give San Antonio the farm?
gdog2004
Starter

Post#12 » by gdog2004 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 1:59 am

Kobe System wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:

Translation: (Spurs) Trade for Kawhi since Lakers don't want to give us the farm. He still might sign with your team. Please! Help!

Sixers don't need him this year. Warriors are a winning this year and its not even close. Next year ? Many good options. Durant, Kawhi, Butler, Klay Thompson. Sixers are wise to stand pat. They have a good shot to make it to the finals anyway.
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#13 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Wed Jul 4, 2018 2:12 am

Translation: I suddenly changed my mind once lebron went to the lakers.

Just like paul george did.

The LA douche's should have snapped up dwight while they had the chance.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Kobe System » Wed Jul 4, 2018 3:49 am

gdog2004 wrote:
Kobe System wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:Translation : "Please someone trade for me so I don't have to be forced to sit out for the whole year.

Sixers don't need him this year. Warriors are a winning this year and its not even close. Next year ? Many good options. Durant, Kawhi, Butler, Klay Thompson. Sixers are wise to stand pat. They have a good shot to make it to the finals anyway.

Exactly why the Lakers are not pressured to trade for him and why the Spurs does not have a leverage at all.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Kobe System » Wed Jul 4, 2018 3:52 am

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:Translation: I suddenly changed my mind once lebron went to the lakers.

Just like paul george did.

The LA douche's should have snapped up dwight while they had the chance.

If you are dumb enough not wanting to play with the Lakers because of James, then you can F off. PG decided to stay with the Thunder because of the money and his relationship with Westbrook (his teammate) and the front office. Kawhi wants out for the same exact reason.
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#16 » by dan-man » Wed Jul 4, 2018 4:11 am

I'm assuming the Spurs cronies are leaking out most of the $hit we're seeing here and elsewhere. I smell desperation from SA when I read this crap.
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#17 » by Javier Acosta » Wed Jul 4, 2018 9:33 am

JordansBulls wrote:I think if this is true it is because it doesn't want to be a 2nd option to Lebron nor be somewhere where everything is about Lebron.

I knew the man had character.

gdog2004
Starter

Post#18 » by gdog2004 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 2:30 pm

Kobe System wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:
Kobe System wrote:

Exactly why the Lakers are not pressured to trade for him and why the Spurs does not have a leverage at all.

True. I would rather have Durant over Kawhi anyway.
Kobe System
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Kobe System » Wed Jul 4, 2018 2:38 pm

gdog2004 wrote:
Kobe System wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:Sixers don't need him this year. Warriors are a winning this year and its not even close. Next year ? Many good options. Durant, Kawhi, Butler, Klay Thompson. Sixers are wise to stand pat. They have a good shot to make it to the finals anyway.

Durant won't leave the Warriors. Lol.
gdog2004
Starter

Post#20 » by gdog2004 » Wed Jul 4, 2018 5:02 pm

Kobe System wrote:
gdog2004 wrote:
Kobe System wrote:

Durant won't leave the Warriors. Lol.

You never know man. No one thought he would JOIN the Warriors either.
Having said that, it is unlikely.
What do you think for your Lakers this year if they don't make any more moves ? 6 or 7 seed and 1st round exit ?

Return to Wiretap Discussion