ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KennySkyWalker
Senior
And1: 200

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#3901 » by KennySkyWalker » Fri Jul 6, 2018 1:35 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:guess yankees won't be getting degrom for a crap package.

As the Mets explore potential trades, their focus has turned away from Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard, and much more on moving Steven Matz and Zack Wheeler.

No moves are imminent, according to people involved in the process. But when other teams call, they are hearing that deGrom and even Syndergaard are not really available.

A few weeks ago, Mets people expressed an openness to trading deGrom and/or Syndergaard as a way to facilitate a quick rebuild. The vibe has since shifted considerably, and the team expects to hold onto both at least until the end of the season.

In the case of deGrom, I sense an understandable reluctance to part with a player of that caliber. As for Syndergaard, he hasn't pitched enough to bring back full value. Expect him to be the subject of many rumors this winter.

Wheeler and Matz are pitching well, though other teams are naturally wary of their histories of injury and inconsistency. Their value remains to be seen.

Wheeler and Matz are just starting to pitch well. I've come full circle and now think we should keep our pitching and make moves - dare I say "spend money"? - and acquire some position players.

We can start with trading Cabrera and maybe Familia.

The problem is Cespedes makes a lot of money and will always be hurt. Can't trust him.

Cespedes, Bruce, Lagares, Frazier, Swarzak, and Vargas. That's 76 million dollars and 6 roster spots right there.

We aren't signing an outfielder.

Who are we signing? Keep in mind we also need a bullpen too. I don't want to sign anyone until we clear the crap off this roster. Free agents kill us.

deGrom's prime is being wasted.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,444

Post#3902 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 6, 2018 6:14 pm

I have to post something here so that we're not stuck at the bottom of the sticky thread. It's bad enough that we're at the bottom of the standings. That's all.
Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#3903 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Jul 6, 2018 11:22 pm

This team just needs one good exciting young player to get us energized again, something to cling to. Conforto's first half last year and we'd at least have something to talk about. Instead in the beginning of the year all we can talk about is trade rumors and how are players suck.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#3904 » by reub » Fri Jul 6, 2018 11:53 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:This team just needs one good exciting young player to get us energized again, something to cling to. Conforto's first half last year and we'd at least have something to talk about. Instead in the beginning of the year all we can talk about is trade rumors and how are players suck.

McNeil is hitting. 400 in Vegas.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3905 » by reub » Fri Jul 6, 2018 11:54 pm

Tomorrow is Cespedes shin guard night at Citi. How about changing it to Cespedes Lojack night?
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#3906 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 2:05 am

Joey Bats with the game winning grand salami!!
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3907 » by reub » Sat Jul 7, 2018 3:21 am

The hot weather finally broke and we had an exhilarating victory. The air is crisp and clean this evening.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3908 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 7, 2018 7:34 am

Manhattan Project wrote:This team just needs one good exciting young player to get us energized again, something to cling to. Conforto's first half last year and we'd at least have something to talk about. Instead in the beginning of the year all we can talk about is trade rumors and how are players suck.

Machado. He's the guy. Our owners just have to decide to open up the checkbook and overpay for him. But I find it difficult to believe that Freddie and Douche Bag No. 1 Son Wilponzis will do that because of what's gone on with Cespedes and because they're generally cheap bastards. Maybe the new GM will take a different path than Sandy has. Does Machado play SS or 3B for his next team?

Nimmo CF
Conforto RF
Cespedes LF
Machado/Rosario SS
DSmith/Alonso 1B
McNeal/Rivera/Flores 2B
Frazier/Machado 3B
Meseraco C
Bruce 1B/RF

DeGrom
Syndergaard
Wheeler
Matz
?

So maybe we need to make two moves. One, for Machado and, two, for a productive ML second baseman. I'm still on the fence with Rosario. We have this SS in AAA, I believe, that just made the all-star team. He's supposed to have better bat control than Amed. I know I keep harping on it but that long looping swing combined with his poor command of the strike zone makes the future prognosis bleak imo.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3909 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 7, 2018 7:36 am

Hey everybody! Let's all welcome back Jenrry Mejia who at 28 has been reinstated from being banned from baseball. Woohoo.

Truth is I'm really hoping he still has something left in the tank. :D

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/jenrry-mejia-mlb-reinstated-1.19645648
Free Palestine
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#3910 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Jul 7, 2018 12:38 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote::banghead: We're up 6-1 going into the bottom of the 7th and lose the game 8-6!

At this point, I'd like to see certain players play to further their development but, otherwise, let the losses pile up. I'm in for the tank. And fire Calloway.

Fire Callaway and hire Joe Girardi before another team does.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#3911 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Jul 7, 2018 1:32 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Machado. He's the guy. Our owners just have to decide to open up the checkbook and overpay for him. But I find it difficult to believe that Freddie and Douche Bag No. 1 Son Wilponzis will do that because of what's gone on with Cespedes and because they're generally cheap bastards. Maybe the new GM will take a different path than Sandy has. Does Machado play SS or 3B for his next team?

He's already stated that he wants to play SS, frankly there's no reason for that to be a deterrent aside from a few teams. This would be like the rumors of us signing Griffey JR, signing A-Rod... except those actually existed. We have far to much dead money on this team, unless we can sucker a team into taking on Bruce in any pitcher deal.

Machado in NY would become a megastar, he'd be talked about as one of the games true elite, for some reason he doesn't get talked about enough it seems. Oh well, there's no point in talking about it. Tebow making an impact for the Mets has a more realistic chance.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#3912 » by reub » Sat Jul 7, 2018 1:45 pm

Machado isn't happening. And I don't believe in sacrificing so much for one player anyway. It usually spells disaster. Today is Cespedes shinguard day at Citifield. How did that work out?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#3913 » by blueNorange » Sat Jul 7, 2018 5:58 pm

it's very early but

mets top pick jarred kelenic is hitting .463 with 5 xbh and 1.192 ops
mets top ifa signing ronny mauricio is hitting .373 with 8 xbh and .902 ops

ronny is also 6'4" and age 17, so he's not done growing. these numbers mean nothing, they're years away(hopefully not tho) but you always want the top players a team invests to put up numbers.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#3914 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:03 pm

blueNorange wrote:it's very early but

ronny is also 6'4" and age 17, so he's not done growing. these numbers mean nothing, they're years away(hopefully not tho) but you always want the top players a team invests to put up numbers.

We know

You don't wanna talk about P.Alonso anymore??
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3915 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:28 pm

reub wrote:Machado isn't happening. And I don't believe in sacrificing so much for one player anyway. It usually spells disaster. Today is Cespedes shinguard day at Citifield. How did that work out?

See? This right here is the difference between the Yankees, who act like NY team should, and the lowly Mets, who are now a joke in NY. The Yankees don't let a situation like what's happening with Cespedes stop then from their mission. They eat their mistakes. The Mets vomit them all over themselves.

If we're not going to fortify the team this offseason with a major star at a position of need, then fck it. What's the point? Trade deGrom and one of the others, because we have no offensive output from our IF positions, and tank. Trade off Bruce, maybe Rosario, Cabrera, Frazier, Dominic Smith, et al.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3916 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:29 pm

In low A ball? :lol:
Free Palestine
KennySkyWalker
Senior
And1: 200

Post#3917 » by KennySkyWalker » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:51 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote::banghead: We're up 6-1 going into the bottom of the 7th and lose the game 8-6!

At this point, I'd like to see certain players play to further their development but, otherwise, let the losses pile up. I'm in for the tank. And fire Calloway.

Fire Callaway and hire Joe Girardi before another team does.

Callaway fired yes, Girardi to the Mets, NO WAY! Enough with the Yankee castoffs. He was the Marlins manager too and got canned after one season.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3918 » by blueNorange » Sat Jul 7, 2018 7:18 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:

We know

You don't wanna talk about P.Alonso anymore??

i mean ever since the draft there's been more minor league games to focus on.

do you want to still be a dick tho?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3919 » by blueNorange » Sat Jul 7, 2018 7:20 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Hey everybody! Let's all welcome back Jenrry Mejia who at 28 has been reinstated from being banned from baseball. Woohoo.

Truth is I'm really hoping he still has something left in the tank. :D

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/jenrry-mejia-mlb-reinstated-1.19645648

i'm shocked this isn't big news because mejia initially claimed that baseball threatened to suspend him with the same substance fully knowing it takes a long time to leave his body if he didn't give up any names who else uses PED's

so does this mean mejia was right that baseball abused their power?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#3920 » by blueNorange » Sat Jul 7, 2018 7:20 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

In low A ball? :lol:

yes, for a 17 and 18 year old?

i know you're used to back in the old days where ww2/vietnam was players minor league seasoning.
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to New York Knicks