ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who's Hotter?

Cap
10%
Mags
10%
KoC
7%
DK
2%
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
36%
Thugger
7%
GONYK
7%
Remi
10%
Moocow
10%
NLR
2%

Total votes: 42

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#321 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Jul 7, 2018 3:13 pm

cooch2584 wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Do you want me to name all the teams that would beat that team because there's quite a few of them?[/qname

Name them and tell me why. Im curious

I really don't care enough about this to go through all that especially since that lineup is nothing more then fiction since it will never happen and if you don't know which teams would beat that fictional lineup then you have more problems then just living in fiction... :nod:
cooch2584
Sixth Man
And1: 86

Post#322 » by cooch2584 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 3:34 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:

Do you want me to name all the teams that would beat that team because there's quite a few of them?[/qname

I really don't care enough about this to go through all that especially since that lineup is nothing more then fiction since it will never happen and if you don't know which teams would beat that fictional lineup then you have more problems then just living in fiction... :nod:

Your the one that brought it up but you cant quantify your post.And then calling me out lol SMDH
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#323 » by cooch2584 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 3:36 pm

KnickFan33 wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:

Are you being serious?

Yep dead serious. He brought it up. He asked me a question and I replyed with an answer.
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#324 » by KnickFan33 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 4:06 pm

cooch2584 wrote:
KnickFan33 wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:

Are you being serious?

Yep dead serious. He brought it up. He asked me a question and I replyed with an answer.

You're already convinced that lineup is top tier when 2 of the 5 haven't played in an NBA game yet, 1 has barely played any at all, and none of them have played a single minute together?
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#325 » by cooch2584 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 4:41 pm

KnickFan33 wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
KnickFan33 wrote:
Are you being serious?

You're already convinced that lineup is top tier when 2 of the 5 haven't played in an NBA game yet, 1 has barely played any at all, and none of them have played a single minute together?

Nowhere did I say top tier but a fun lineup to watch. After all this is a wishing well thread.
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#326 » by KnickFan33 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 5:17 pm

cooch2584 wrote:
KnickFan33 wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:

Nowhere did I say top tier but a fun lineup to watch. After all this is a wishing well thread.

I misinterpreted "Now if this team has the chemistry whos gonna beat them?" and "Name them and tell me why. Im curious" as remarks of it being a winning lineup.

I can agree to it as potentially fun to watch though.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#327 » by newyorker4ever » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:14 pm

cooch2584 wrote:
KnickFan33 wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:

So not top tier but you implied that nobody could beat them...Hmmmmmmm.
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#328 » by cooch2584 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 6:18 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
KnickFan33 wrote:

So not top tier but you implied that nobody could beat them...Hmmmmmmm.

NEVER implied that no one could beat them.Why putting words in my mouth?? If they develop chemistry that would be great and a lot more fun to watch than past seasons. Never expect ANY team to go 82 and 0.
boogeydown
Rookie
And1: 18

Post#329 » by boogeydown » Sat Jul 7, 2018 7:55 pm

looking ahead here but are the Knicks going to have enough cap space to sign 2 max guys in 2019? or just 1 (which Im guessing is Kyrie Irving right now)? Would be sweet to get another guy like Kawhi or Klay Thompson too.
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#330 » by cooch2584 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 8:38 pm

I'm not going to persue trying to find answers about questions because this is getting redundant. I will accept that some don't have answers to questions that were asked of me and the asking of me to them. Sorry MODS it has gotten out of hand BUT not by me. I'm done next post on here.....
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#331 » by cooch2584 » Sat Jul 7, 2018 10:52 pm

watching Knicks summer league,SOOOOOOO glad we didn't take trey young.
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#332 » by Context » Sun Jul 8, 2018 2:43 am

we need to trade Lee...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#333 » by cooch2584 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 11:51 am

I think Id rather have Dame than Kyrie
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,143

Post#334 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:08 pm

cooch2584 wrote:watching Knicks summer league,SOOOOOOO glad we didn't take trey young.

Better than any PG on the Knicks.
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#335 » by cooch2584 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 12:17 pm

I'm not worried. We will get a point guard somehow.The Fo and coach aint like the past they know what we need. New culture.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,754

Post#336 » by cgf » Sun Jul 8, 2018 3:09 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:watching Knicks summer league,SOOOOOOO glad we didn't take trey young.

Is that a bad thing if they’re trying to set the team up to make a real run at a star PG like Kyrie next summer?...after the kids have shown some life under Fiz n Porzi has come back to show he’s still a monster post-injury...

Frank has a lot he can improve offensively but he’s an elite defensive guard already, who’s smart & unselfish. If his 3ball comes along, KP comes back at full force, Knox flashes consistently that he can become a dynamic scorer & reliable 2-way guy, some of the other kids show they can become legit role players for us, and Kyrie is crazy enough to think he’s the guy to fix this organization; then wouldn’t our pitch look sexier with more pieces in place that should shine alongside a lead guard like Kyrie...rather than if our second best selling point was a young hotshot (ball-dominant) PG that he was gunna have to share the back court with?

Given how high our 1st should be in next year’s draft as well as what a good teacher Fizdale is supposed to be, it’s hard not to get excited at what a Kyrie / Kemba / Lilliard could do with our young core...and if it’s not looking like we’ll actually be able to get someone like that next summer then maybe this time next year we’re talking about our own freshly drafted top 5 PG *shrug*

This is why Frank’s development doesn’t stress me. The guys who are being linked to teaming up with KP are ball dominant guards, so yes let’s develop Frank on the ball for now...if it clicks for him then **** ay but even if it never clicks that’ll still help him become a secondary facilitator, as well as a spot up shooter & lockdown defender. If he never runs the show on his own that’s perfectly fine, especially for a later top 10 pick.

Yeah top 10 pick yadda yadda but getting someone as exciting as Knox looks to be that late in the top 10 is the exception, not the rule. Plenty of top 10 picks straight up bust, and Frank’s already better than that on his D, smarts & length alone.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,143

Post#337 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jul 8, 2018 3:37 pm

cgf wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Is that a bad thing if they’re trying to set the team up to make a real run at a star PG like Kyrie next summer?...after the kids have shown some life under Fiz n Porzi has come back to show he’s still a monster post-injury...

Frank has a lot he can improve offensively but he’s an elite defensive guard already, who’s smart & unselfish. If his 3ball comes along, KP comes back at full force, Knox flashes consistently that he can become a dynamic scorer & reliable 2-way guy, some of the other kids show they can become legit role players for us, and Kyrie is crazy enough to think he’s the guy to fix this organization; then wouldn’t our pitch look sexier with more pieces in place that should shine alongside a lead guard like Kyrie...rather than if our second best selling point was a young hotshot (ball-dominant) PG that he was gunna have to share the back court with?

Given how high our 1st should be in next year’s draft as well as what a good teacher Fizdale is supposed to be, it’s hard not to get excited at what a Kyrie / Kemba / Lilliard could do with our young core...and if it’s not looking like we’ll actually be able to get someone like that next summer then maybe this time next year we’re talking about our own freshly drafted top 5 PG *shrug*

This is why Frank’s development doesn’t stress me. The guys who are being linked to teaming up with KP are ball dominant guards, so yes let’s develop Frank on the ball for now...if it clicks for him then **** ay but even if it never clicks that’ll still help him become a secondary facilitator, as well as a spot up shooter & lockdown defender. If he never runs the show on his own that’s perfectly fine, especially for a later top 10 pick.

Yeah top 10 pick yadda yadda but getting someone as exciting as Knox looks to be that late in the top 10 is the exception, not the rule. Plenty of top 10 picks straight up bust, and Frank’s already better than that on his D, smarts & length alone.

I was just sort of being an ass since there are posters on here who hate some of the players so much. :D
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,754

Post#338 » by cgf » Sun Jul 8, 2018 3:42 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
cgf wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I was just sort of being an ass since there are posters on here who hate some of the players so much. :D

It’s been a minute since I was around here regularly, but oh do I still remember what this place is like lol. Guess I need to keep fine tuning that “f***in with folks” -dar

...plus I totally just used your post as a springboard to talk about what I wanted to talk about regardless of whether you agreed with me or not :lol:
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#339 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jul 8, 2018 3:42 pm

We even gave the guy a trade kicker...SMDH

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
30andoverclub
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#340 » by 30andoverclub » Sun Jul 8, 2018 4:12 pm

boogeydown wrote:looking ahead here but are the Knicks going to have enough cap space to sign 2 max guys in 2019? or just 1 (which Im guessing is Kyrie Irving right now)? Would be sweet to get another guy like Kawhi or Klay Thompson too.

Seems very unlikely. You'd need to move Hardaway for an expiring this year. Which would mean he's vastly overperforming his contact. And, if he's overperforming, why would you trade him?

That being said, Donnie Walsh did exactly that 10 years ago. The Knicks started the season off strong on the backs of Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph, and Walsh traded them both despite the fact that it killed the season. A major difference, though, is that Crawford and Randolph were Isiah's guys, and Hardaway is Mills' guy.

On a semi-related topic, I know that everyone wants a top 3-5 pick in 2019, and so do I, but I think that you could formulate a pretty nice plan if the Knicks ending up overperforming like the Lakers did last year. Win 35 games by playing the young guys, and it shows that they're really nice pieces. Someone like Kyrie might think he can come in and be the piece that puts the Knicks over the edge.

Also, if the 2019 pick is late lottery, loathe as I am to suggest this, but maybe that makes it easier for the Knicks to trade it if they think the cap implications would make advantageous. Now, I'm no cap expert, but if the Knicks were to trade for either Kemba or Butler, then their 2019 cap hits should be low enough that you could waive and stretch Noah, sign a max free agent, and then sign Porzingis and Kemba or Butler afterwards to maximize your cap space.

If it were up to me, though, I'd take it just a bit more slowly. Trade Lee for an expiring this summer, and you already have a max slot without doing anything else. Sign a max free agent in 2019, wait for Noah's contract to expire and hope that Hardaway plays well enough that he opts out after 2020 as well (if he doesn't, use an asset to trade him, I guess). If both Noah and Hardaway expire after 2020, the Knicks should have room to sign another max free agent then. I could be wrong, but I think that's right.

Return to New York Knicks