ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#1361 » by JohnVancouver » Mon Jul 9, 2018 3:39 pm

Vae Victus wrote:Alright i think i figured out how to cover our C position and make Deng's contract smaller for next year.

LAL trades
Deng 2yr 36.8m
Zubac 1 yr 1.5m (i believe they'll have RFA rights next year)
SRP
Cash

ATL trades
Dedmon 1 yr 7.2m
Muscala 1 yr 5m
M. Plumlee 2 yr 25m

Lakers salary gain this year 5.16m, basically draining our cap but we lose 6 mil next year.

We pick up extra bad salary from Muscala this year giving ATL more cap space this year, hell maybe even a chance to chase Capella to give their youth a good defender and roll man inside. Or go after Jabari Parker if they want to go in that direction. Also they pick up an extra SRP and cash.

We also gain a usable starting C in Dedmon, who can do a little bit of everything, while at the same time lessen our dead money commitment in Plumlee. Also off chance that a swap of scenery will be good for both players, maybe Deng can resusitate his career, maybe Plumlee gets a chance if we have some injuries at C. Extra cap next year > cap this year, so thats why we pay the premium of a SRP and cash for ATL's to swap bad deals with us.

I like this - and I bet someone take Plumlee off our hands at the deadline. maybe. But Dedmon is the key here
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#1362 » by milesfides » Mon Jul 9, 2018 7:33 pm

Trade Lebron for Anthony Davis.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,818

Post#1363 » by TyCobb » Mon Jul 9, 2018 7:46 pm

You're silly.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#1364 » by NBAWestFan » Mon Jul 9, 2018 8:52 pm

Watching the Summer League.

I like to see SVI get a chance as a shooter for the Lakers.

as for the Young Core I hope they don't get traded.

Just signed next summer and let Lebron, Rajon, Lance & KCP try to gel with them.

Josh Hart I would not give away either I would keep him.

He is a solid player for years to come.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#1365 » by Vae Victus » Mon Jul 9, 2018 10:56 pm

JohnVancouver wrote:
Vae Victus wrote:Alright i think i figured out how to cover our C position and make Deng's contract smaller for next year.

LAL trades
Deng 2yr 36.8m
Zubac 1 yr 1.5m (i believe they'll have RFA rights next year)
SRP
Cash

ATL trades
Dedmon 1 yr 7.2m
Muscala 1 yr 5m
M. Plumlee 2 yr 25m

Lakers salary gain this year 5.16m, basically draining our cap but we lose 6 mil next year.

We pick up extra bad salary from Muscala this year giving ATL more cap space this year, hell maybe even a chance to chase Capella to give their youth a good defender and roll man inside. Or go after Jabari Parker if they want to go in that direction. Also they pick up an extra SRP and cash.

We also gain a usable starting C in Dedmon, who can do a little bit of everything, while at the same time lessen our dead money commitment in Plumlee. Also off chance that a swap of scenery will be good for both players, maybe Deng can resusitate his career, maybe Plumlee gets a chance if we have some injuries at C. Extra cap next year > cap this year, so thats why we pay the premium of a SRP and cash for ATL's to swap bad deals with us.

I like this - and I bet someone take Plumlee off our hands at the deadline. maybe. But Dedmon is the key here

ATL fans whining how Dedmon and Muscala have value and can be spun off later on for more assets. Also saying how an extra 5 mil in cap space this year isnt worth anything since they have plenty. That even adding a FRP pick isn't enough.

Sigh, it's hard to deal with delusional fans. I mean at most they can ask for another SRP, i swear its like people act as if our indignations on the internet actually means something.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#1366 » by Pythagoras » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:35 am

milesfides wrote:Trade Lebron for Anthony Davis.

Lol. Still haven’t warmed up to Lebron?
Numbers rule the universe.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#1367 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:12 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7094972

Zubac, Ingram, and Luol Deng before vucevic, Mo Bamba, and Terrence Ross. We fill our Center position for now and for the future, and also get a good wing that can play for us after bench. We get rid of Luol Deng and take on expiring contracts.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#1368 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:19 am

The trade I'm most interested in is, Luol Deng and Ingram with a 2019 first round pick (unprotected) for Kemba Walker and Miles Bridges. I'm sure Mitch understands Ingrams worth and still might value Luol Deng.

With Jimmy Butler disgruntled in Minnesota we can easily swap Kemba for Jimmy

If that doesn't work, maybe see if orlando Would Trade vucevic and mo Bamba for..... Kemba and zubac
KobeBryant24
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#1369 » by KobeBryant24 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:06 am

:P
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#1370 » by Rosque » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:41 am

How do I hide posts from certain members?
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#1371 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:24 am

You're my new favorite mod - *sorry Slava* but we gotta wait for Kawhi and Klay first :) = next Trio after Bron :)

AD, Kawhi, Klay - I"m getting hard on just thinking about that lol
Bring back Defense
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#1372 » by JohnVancouver » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:26 pm

how about

Cle get Deng, Zoobs, FRP, SRP

we get KLove and Preston

They need to tank this year, we shouldn't have a great pick if we improve W-L, and we have tons of youth right now ...
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
the7boss
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Post#1373 » by the7boss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Heat are trying to trade Whiteside, he has 2 years left just like Deng. If it were possible to get him for Deng plus Zubac I would do it. The guy can play, if motivated he is a beast. Next step, finally pull the trigger, Kawhi for Ingram+1st.

Ball/Rondo
KCP/Hart/Svi
Kawhi/Lance
Bron/Kuzma
Whiteside/Wagner

You can go to war with this group, no doubt.
dipstick
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#1374 » by dipstick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:03 am

the7boss wrote:Heat are trying to trade Whiteside, he has 2 years left just like Deng. If it were possible to get him for Deng plus Zubac I would do it. The guy can play, if motivated he is a beast. Next step, finally pull the trigger, Kawhi for Ingram+1st.

Ball/Rondo
KCP/Hart/Svi
Kawhi/Lance
Bron/Kuzma
Whiteside/Wagner

You can go to war with this group, no doubt.

If you trade Deng for Whiteside, how are you going to make salaries match when you trade for Kawhi?
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1375 » by Spens1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 am

Pythagoras wrote:

i mean if we could do that, why wouldn't you? he's younger and will be here for years in his prime.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#1376 » by Pythagoras » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:11 am

Spens1 wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

i mean if we could do that, why wouldn't you? he's younger and will be here for years in his prime.

No, and I LOVE me some Anthony Davis. Nevertheless, Lebron came to LA and committed himself to the Lakers without forcing the squad to sacrifice any of the kiddos, and after PG didn’t even give a meeting.

I hope Lebron is the one to slay the beast that is the Warriors while here, and I hope he retires a Laker.
Numbers rule the universe.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#1377 » by milesfides » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:39 am

Father Time is undefeated. Lebron’s injury risk in this and every year after is statistically an increasingly reality. So is decline, it’s just a matter of how much is manageable - see Tim Duncan on the Spurs as an ideal but imperfect example (Duncan didnt have to really change his game, just reduce minutes, while Lebron does have to adjust). If you want to realistically consider yourself a contender, you really need to have MVP/DPOY candidate Kawhi Leonard emerge and HOF two-way player Manu Ginobili to offset that decline. If Kawhi comes and we get another all-star or two, externally or internally, then we have a chance. But I don’t like that risk exposure. Lebron is a top 3 player right now, but he’s a ticking time bomb, and the downside is catastrophic for the entire team for the life of his contract (see Kobe).
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1378 » by Spens1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:45 am

Pythagoras wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

No, and I LOVE me some Anthony Davis. Nevertheless, Lebron came to LA and committed himself to the Lakers without forcing the squad to sacrifice any of the kiddos, and after PG didn’t even give a meeting.

I hope Lebron is the one to slay the beast that is the Warriors while here, and I hope he retires a Laker.

i mean i hope so too but i mean even if it was a possibility and it wouldn't get us a lifetime ban of klutch sports guys then i'd do it.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1379 » by Landsberger » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:21 am

milesfides wrote:Father Time is undefeated. Lebron’s injury risk in this and every year after is statistically an increasingly reality. So is decline, it’s just a matter of how much is manageable - see Tim Duncan on the Spurs as an ideal but imperfect example (Duncan didnt have to really change his game, just reduce minutes, while Lebron does have to adjust). If you want to realistically consider yourself a contender, you really need to have MVP/DPOY candidate Kawhi Leonard emerge and HOF two-way player Manu Ginobili to offset that decline. If Kawhi comes and we get another all-star or two, externally or internally, then we have a chance. But I don’t like that risk exposure. Lebron is a top 3 player right now, but he’s a ticking time bomb, and the downside is catastrophic for the entire team for the life of his contract (see Kobe).

Yup. Bron has 4 years on the contract but I'd take the last one off because of age as a championship possibility w/o a lot of additional help in here. I'd take this next year off as well as we'd be a thrown together team with holes unless there are a couple trades in the works. So that leaves the 2 years in the middle for contention. This is a little like the Boston window of opportunity in the Late 2000's with Garnet and PP (ironically Rondo as well). That team traded some promising youth to go get Ray Allen and Garnet who were both closer to the end than the beginning. Injuries limited them to 2 finals in 4 years with one chip. This is similar to what I see coming here with Bron. If we get Leonard the window may stay open a little longer (maybe that 4th year) but the risk of injury to Bron with the minutes he's logged is ever greater with each passing year.
Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Post#1380 » by Lakernut4ever » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:14 am

Landsberger wrote:
milesfides wrote:Father Time is undefeated. Lebron’s injury risk in this and every year after is statistically an increasingly reality. So is decline, it’s just a matter of how much is manageable - see Tim Duncan on the Spurs as an ideal but imperfect example (Duncan didnt have to really change his game, just reduce minutes, while Lebron does have to adjust). If you want to realistically consider yourself a contender, you really need to have MVP/DPOY candidate Kawhi Leonard emerge and HOF two-way player Manu Ginobili to offset that decline. If Kawhi comes and we get another all-star or two, externally or internally, then we have a chance. But I don’t like that risk exposure. Lebron is a top 3 player right now, but he’s a ticking time bomb, and the downside is catastrophic for the entire team for the life of his contract (see Kobe).

Yup. Bron has 4 years on the contract but I'd take the last one off because of age as a championship possibility w/o a lot of additional help in here. I'd take this next year off as well as we'd be a thrown together team with holes unless there are a couple trades in the works. So that leaves the 2 years in the middle for contention. This is a little like the Boston window of opportunity in the Late 2000's with Garnet and PP (ironically Rondo as well). That team traded some promising youth to go get Ray Allen and Garnet who were both closer to the end than the beginning. Injuries limited them to 2 finals in 4 years with one chip. This is similar to what I see coming here with Bron. If we get Leonard the window may stay open a little longer (maybe that 4th year) but the risk of injury to Bron with the minutes he's logged is ever greater with each passing year.

That is why Lakers still have a need to trade for Kawhi....but at a reasonable sacrifice.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers