ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,661

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#261 » by Fat » Mon Jul 9, 2018 7:54 pm

ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

versatile lefty power forward that can play in and out and above the rim as well.

“He’s a skilled back-to-the-basket big guy who can step out and hit the three ball, handles the ball like a guard, and I think one of his best attributes is his passing ability,” Thompson said. “He’s been our low-post presence, shooting about 75 percent from the field, putting guys on his back and jump-hooking them to sleep.”

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,234

Post#262 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jul 9, 2018 8:24 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

versatile lefty power forward that can play in and out and above the rim as well.

“He’s a skilled back-to-the-basket big guy who can step out and hit the three ball, handles the ball like a guard, and I think one of his best attributes is his passing ability,” Thompson said. “He’s been our low-post presence, shooting about 75 percent from the field, putting guys on his back and jump-hooking them to sleep.”

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.

he looks nice
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,706

Post#263 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Jul 9, 2018 8:30 pm

If we do get Kyrie this offseason, then Cam Reddish would look nice next to him at SG. it would be similar to the way Utah uses Donovan Mitchell. Reddish would focus on orchestrating the offense while Irving could focus on scoring the ball, but both could play off of each other and orchestrate the offense when needed.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,568

Post#264 » by El Poochio » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:29 am

Need them draft Quentin Grimes so I can get a Knicks jersey with Grimes written on its back

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#265 » by N Y K » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:32 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

He was one of the earlier videos from the dime drop guy... good find

fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#266 » by fatalogic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:41 am

The Knicks need Cam or Nazir for the all NBA rap name puns.
Fat
RealGM

Post#267 » by Fat » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:10 am

N Y K wrote:

ah good find i didnt know this was out there i learned alot more about him. Im sure cal will challenge him to become more assertive on defense and utilize him alot down low instead of letting him fall in love with jumper similar to what he did with KAT. His court vision is nasty for a big man i think cal will take advantage of that as well.

Another thing that i notice is he needs to get more stronger which is normal. ill be watching some more kentucky this year
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#268 » by N Y K » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
N Y K wrote:

ah good find i didnt know this was out there i learned alot more about him. Im sure cal will challenge him to become more assertive on defense and utilize him alot down low instead of letting him fall in love with jumper similar to what he did with KAT. His court vision is nasty for a big man i think cal will take advantage of that as well.

Another thing that i notice is he needs to get more stronger which is normal. ill be watching some more kentucky this year

Yeah, dime drop keeps winning with these videos.

The court vision part of his game is really appealing to me. It's a main reasons why I like Cam more than the other guys. I'd like to see a playmaker at one of the forward positions.

EJ will be a good one to keep an eye on, for sure though.
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#269 » by Infinitimind » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:38 pm

N Y K wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
N Y K wrote:He was one of the earlier videos from the dime drop guy... good find

Yeah, dime drop keeps winning with these videos.

The court vision part of his game is really appealing to me. It's a main reasons why I like Cam more than the other guys. I'd like to see a playmaker at one of the forward positions.

EJ will be a good one to keep an eye on, for sure though.

I want cam too, but I don't think we will be bad enough to get a top 3 pick to get him.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,326

Post#270 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:49 pm

Bro i was just about to post about him. Im really intrigued.

Plus he's going to kentucky. Hes part of my top 3 rn to watch with Romeo&Cam.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,663

Post#271 » by Capn'O » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Have I mentioned that I really like Jontay Porter yet?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#272 » by fatalogic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Capn'O wrote:Have I mentioned that I really like Jontay Porter yet?

I’m surprised he went back to school.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,706

Post#273 » by Spree2Houston » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:07 am

Orange Mamba
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Post#274 » by Orange Mamba » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:28 am

Frank
Langford
Knox
KP
Mitch Rob

:o :o
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#275 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 pm

FatboyRealPetty wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

Y'all know I know everyone at Wheeler. He has a good head on his shoulders. Cool and down to earth but doesn't really go out, do extracurriculars, etc. Quiet kid that likes to ball. I can see him thriving but he has to improve a lot.
Fat
RealGM

Post#276 » by Fat » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 pm

E-Balla wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

Y'all know I know everyone at Wheeler. He has a good head on his shoulders. Cool and down to earth but doesn't really go out, do extracurriculars, etc. Quiet kid that likes to ball. I can see him thriving but he has to improve a lot.

who's a comparison you can say he reminds you the most of
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#277 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:38 pm

FatboyRealPetty wrote:
E-Balla wrote:

who's a comparison you can say he reminds you the most of

75% Suns Diaw, 25% Trey Lyles. Wheeler doesn't really put dudes in the weight room so he should be able to bulk up to like 220 at UK and I know his coaches were trying to get him to improve his handles and turnaround a ton so look out for it at UK next year.
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#278 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm

If someone gets him to play primarily in the paint I can see some young Pau Gasol in his game too.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,027

Post#279 » by Tron Carter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:19 pm

we don't need bigs anymore with kp and mitchell. our focus should be on getting the sg/sf who can defend and be another playmaker next to frank imo.
R.I.P Black Mamba
GoNYGoNYGo18
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#280 » by GoNYGoNYGo18 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:24 am

This Romeo Langford kis is one I am keeping an eye out on.

Return to New York Knicks