ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who's Hotter?

Cap
10%
Mags
10%
KoC
7%
DK
2%
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
36%
Thugger
7%
GONYK
7%
Remi
10%
Moocow
10%
NLR
2%

Total votes: 42

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,733

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#361 » by cgf » Mon Jul 9, 2018 6:50 pm

KnickFan33 wrote:Thoughts on Okafor? Won't hurt the tank. Kind of interested in what might happen should Knox learn a few post moves from him.

I dunno if bringing Jahlil Okafor in is the best way to fix the team's culture like Fiz keeps talking about...
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Post#362 » by Icandoallthings » Mon Jul 9, 2018 7:27 pm

knicks85 wrote:THJ has positive value ...does everyone have such short term memory, he started very slow and than was a STUD and than got injured

THJr has positive value his contract is an abomination. No GM is taking that without assets or a salary dump.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#363 » by KnixinSix » Mon Jul 9, 2018 8:23 pm

Icandoallthings wrote:
knicks85 wrote:THJ has positive value ...does everyone have such short term memory, he started very slow and than was a STUD and than got injured

THJr has positive value his contract is an abomination. No GM is taking that without assets or a salary dump.

I can do all things through him that strengthens me.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,733

Post#364 » by cgf » Mon Jul 9, 2018 10:32 pm

Icandoallthings wrote:

Tim's contract is an abomination because we're trying to open up cap space & because of his D. But if Fiz gets him to improve his work against the ball to just a respectable level, that's a good player who could be interesting to a playoff team that won't be a player in FA next summer but wants a scoring-2 / 6th-man who still has plenty of tread on his tires.

Now that doesn't mean he's a big piece if Fiz fixes his D or anything, but a net positive that could be paired with something like our 2020 1st...with some (not too excessive) protections since I want all the picks in 2021 & think that with a healthy KP joining Knox, Nilikina, Robinson & our 2019 1st, we shouldn't be bottom 10 bad in 2019-2020 even if there's no Kyrie...and maybe a lesser young piece (Dotson / Trier?) at the deadline to get an interesting kid with upside & a shorter-contracted total-bum from a team focused more on making the playoffs in 2019 than what they're going to do in UFA that summer.

...maybe an expected playoff team that's fighting through some injuries for it's playoff life and needs someone who can score; while being unable to give their young project enough PT to develop despite their potential?
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,722

Post#365 » by spree8 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 am

KnickFan33 wrote:Thoughts on Okafor? Won't hurt the tank. Kind of interested in what might happen should Knox learn a few post moves from him.

That’d be weird. Imagine if someone told you back in 2015 that we would have Okafor, KP, Hezonja, and Mudiay all before their rookie contracts were up. Prob wouldn’t believe it... how the mighty have fallen.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Post#366 » by Icandoallthings » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:41 am

cgf wrote:
Icandoallthings wrote:

Tim's contract is an abomination because we're trying to open up cap space & because of his D. But if Fiz gets him to improve his work against the ball to just a respectable level, that's a good player who could be interesting to a playoff team that won't be a player in FA next summer but wants a scoring-2 / 6th-man who still has plenty of tread on his tires.

Now that doesn't mean he's a big piece if Fiz fixes his D or anything, but a net positive that could be paired with something like our 2020 1st...with some (not too excessive) protections since I want all the picks in 2021 & think that with a healthy KP joining Knox, Nilikina, Robinson & our 2019 1st, we shouldn't be bottom 10 bad in 2019-2020 even if there's no Kyrie...and maybe a lesser young piece (Dotson / Trier?) at the deadline to get an interesting kid with upside & a shorter-contracted total-bum from a team focused more on making the playoffs in 2019 than what they're going to do in UFA that summer.

...maybe an expected playoff team that's fighting through some injuries for it's playoff life and needs someone who can score; while being unable to give their young project enough PT to develop despite their potential?

I had initially typed a pessimistic response on his outlook and I deleted that. I think I have gotten accustomed to being let down by the organization that I reflexively am negative which is silly.
I want you to be right on this one 100%. I am with you
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#367 » by ny-n-md » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:01 am

With Houston losing Ariza and Luc maybe we should try to trade Lee and Thomas to them? Get it done FO!
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#368 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:59 am

ny-n-md wrote:With Houston losing Ariza and Luc maybe we should try to trade Lee and Thomas to them? Get it done FO!

Yes but they're saving money I believe..
ny-n-md
Sixth Man

Post#369 » by ny-n-md » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:13 pm

basketboule wrote:
ny-n-md wrote:With Houston losing Ariza and Luc maybe we should try to trade Lee and Thomas to them? Get it done FO!

They only have 2 years. They would be quality win now players for a contending team. I’m not a Lance fan but he’s an upgrade to Luc and Lee can hit 3’s better than Ariza.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#370 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:29 pm

ny-n-md wrote:
basketboule wrote:

They only have 2 years. They would be quality win now players for a contending team. I’m not a Lance fan but he’s an upgrade to Luc and Lee can hit 3’s better than Ariza.

I'd take Luc over Lance all day
ny-n-md
Sixth Man

Post#371 » by ny-n-md » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:41 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
ny-n-md wrote:
basketboule wrote:Yes but they're saving money I believe..

He’s not very good. Neither is Lance. Tossup for me. :dontknow: :dontknow:
cooch2584
Sixth Man
And1: 86

Post#372 » by cooch2584 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:58 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
Yeah...because the back three bigs are so agile on the perimeter against more athletic players, not mention, super mario is getting torched by anyone 6'6 and under.

Again Ill say you cant teach wing span but you can teach defense,agility. If you have guards that stop the initial line of offense(pg,sg) then for the next 15 secs the big men can adjust and protect the middle and rebound. It all starts with defense by our guards. Must make the opposing guards eat up shot clock just bringing the ball up ex at least 10 secs. SuperMario was used wrong and he wants a new lease on his basketball life. Defense is gonna be key with long armed YOUNG guards pressing at will. I have a feeling we are gonna see a whole different type of Knicks basketball and its gonna be fun watching it.

I just think you're vastly underestimating the athletes that those bigs would have to face nightly as well as underestimating the talent and gas tanks these guys had. KP alone was wiped out from an endurance prospective like 30 games in, but you want him chasing three's? Mario, I'm sorry....he doesn't have the juice to stay with guards......wingspan or not.

Never said KP would be chasing 3s.But I bet Knox can and you didn't reply about the guards playing defense
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#373 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:48 pm

ny-n-md wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
ny-n-md wrote:They only have 2 years. They would be quality win now players for a contending team. I’m not a Lance fan but he’s an upgrade to Luc and Lee can hit 3’s better than Ariza.

He’s not very good. Neither is Lance. Tossup for me. :dontknow: :dontknow:

He's got length and Fiz loves his wingspan
New Knicks
Junior
And1: 190

Post#374 » by New Knicks » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Let’s trade for Melo Expiring contract lee and Tim.
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#375 » by DowNY » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:29 pm

F it!! Let's go all out!!

Frank Ntilikina, Tim Hardaway Jr, Troy Williams and future protected 1st rd pick for Damien Lillard

Kristaps Porzingis, Joakim Noah, Courtney Lee & 2019 unprotected 1st rd pick for Anthony Davis

Damien Lillard
(____________)
Kevin Knox
Anthony Davis
Enes Kanter/Mitchell Robinson

Then Kanter expires and we can present KD with an elite opportunity for his 4th title being in NY. Lillard and Davis with alpha in them. Of course this happening depends on if we're doing really good with the players for their stock to be up and if the Pelicans and Blazers equally suck a lot. So yeah, not happening. :D nice to dream though.
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#376 » by Bklyn&company » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Im actually surprised there are few guys that have not sign new contracts as yet...

Jabari Parker
D.Wade
I.Thomas
Alex Len
Mic.Beas
R.Hood
S.Napiar
M.Harrell
D.Nwaba
P.McCraw
Tyrone Wallace

Etc...
ny-n-md
Sixth Man

Post#377 » by ny-n-md » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:43 pm

DowNY wrote:F it!! Let's go all out!!

Frank Ntilikina, Tim Hardaway Jr, Troy Williams and future protected 1st rd pick for Damien Lillard

Kristaps Porzingis, Joakim Noah, Courtney Lee & 2019 unprotected 1st rd pick for Anthony Davis

Damien Lillard
(____________)
Kevin Knox
Anthony Davis

Then Kanter expires and we can present KD with an elite opportunity for his 4th title being in NY. Lillard and Davis with alpha in them. Of course this happening depends on if we're doing really good with the players for their stock to be up and if the Pelicans and Blazers equally suck a lot. So yeah, not happening. :D nice to dream though.

cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#378 » by cooch2584 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:36 am

Damien Lillard
(____________)
Kevin Knox
Anthony Davis

Doesnt this post belong in the wishing well thread?? Just askinglol
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#379 » by cooch2584 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:38 am

cooch2584 wrote:

Damien Lillard
(____________)
Kevin Knox
Anthony Davis

Doesnt this post belong in the wishing well thread?? Just askinglol
BIG WISHING WELL THREAD LOL
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#380 » by J9Starks3 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:29 pm

So going back to the Melo thing. Essentially they are paying 3x salary in lux tax. That’s where the $100 million comes in. But they also have to compete.

What about Lee, Lance, Baker for Melo and a pick.

That save $4 million in salary out of the gate. Plus the savings from buying out Ron (and maybe Lance). But Lee between Russ and PG would be a huge improvement for them.

We obviously cut Melo and save roster space and get another pick even like a 2021 2nd rounder would have value.

Return to New York Knicks