ImageImageImageImage

Sources : Orlando trade for PG jerian grant!!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Re: Sources : Orlando trade for PG jerian grant!! 

Post#61 » by j-ragg » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:
Thats nice but DJ is the worst defender in the league and got blocked almost every time he went to the rim. And his passing and abilitiy to run an offense is sub-par.

Grant is not the shooter DJ is but he is a much better defender and playmaker. Briscoe is an unknown, could be better than both.

I think that's crazy but everyone has their opinion. Grant is probably a better defender, but I wouldn't say he's good at anything. Same with Briscoe. DJ is good (last year elite) at shooting. With a team full of athletes that can't shoot, I thought that'd be more valuable than a maybe league average defender? I think DJ is a better passer too but that's probably a wash, both not very good.

I bet Dennis is looking good right about now huh. Haha, you had me thinking you guys were aiming for somebody better but Jerian Grant? Wow. Good luck with that one!

I think I’d rather stick with Grant than take back all that salary. The goal is to get a good point guard not Schroder. Have fun with your new pg rotation your franchise player looks really good! :thumbsup:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#62 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:30 pm

j-ragg wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
j-ragg wrote:I think that's crazy but everyone has their opinion. Grant is probably a better defender, but I wouldn't say he's good at anything. Same with Briscoe. DJ is good (last year elite) at shooting. With a team full of athletes that can't shoot, I thought that'd be more valuable than a maybe league average defender? I think DJ is a better passer too but that's probably a wash, both not very good.

I bet Dennis is looking good right about now huh. Haha, you had me thinking you guys were aiming for somebody better but Jerian Grant? Wow. Good luck with that one!

I think I’d rather stick with Grant than take back all that salary. The goal is to get a good point guard not Schroder. Have fun with your new pg rotation your franchise player looks really good! :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy! :wink:
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#63 » by cedric76 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Grant might be a very pleasant surprise, he fits what weham r trying to build
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#64 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:
Thats nice but DJ is the worst defender in the league and got blocked almost every time he went to the rim. And his passing and abilitiy to run an offense is sub-par.

Grant is not the shooter DJ is but he is a much better defender and playmaker. Briscoe is an unknown, could be better than both.

I think that's crazy but everyone has their opinion. Grant is probably a better defender, but I wouldn't say he's good at anything. Same with Briscoe. DJ is good (last year elite) at shooting. With a team full of athletes that can't shoot, I thought that'd be more valuable than a maybe league average defender? I think DJ is a better passer too but that's probably a wash, both not very good.

Mod Edit: Deleted. Schroeder has a terrible contract. We don’t need a short term solution that adds 15 million to the books for no reason. Since your team is about to be really, really bad for a long time, I think you should probably understand this.

To answer your question - no. Dennis is not looking good right now at all. I’d rather punt on a PG for a year then give up that much cap space for a guy that the worst team in the league is dying to get rid of.
Uncommon
Junior
And1: 417

Post#65 » by Uncommon » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:

Schroeder is toxic. Any value he brings statistically is canceled out by the negative influence he has on our impressionable youngsters. I wouldn’t touch him or his contract. I’d rather roll the dice with also-rans or young players with upside. So I guess WarHawks ( :crazy: ) are stuck with him and Trae Young for the next 4 seasons; one cancerous PG that can’t shoot a lick and another PG who can’t really shoot either but thinks he can so he insists on launching 30-footers only to catch air and shoot 28% from 3. Sorry that got a little wordy at the end but you get the gist. Good luck with your PGs. You’ll need it.
this is my signature.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#66 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:38 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
j-ragg wrote:I think that's crazy but everyone has their opinion. Grant is probably a better defender, but I wouldn't say he's good at anything. Same with Briscoe. DJ is good (last year elite) at shooting. With a team full of athletes that can't shoot, I thought that'd be more valuable than a maybe league average defender? I think DJ is a better passer too but that's probably a wash, both not very good.

I guess you are ignorant, so let me explain it for you. - Schroeder has a terrible contract. We don’t need a short term solution that adds 15 million to the books for no reason. Since your team is about to be really, really bad for a long time, I think you should probably understand this.

To answer your question - no. Dennis is not looking good right now at all. I’d rather punt on a PG for a year then give up that much cap space for a guy that the worst team in the league is dying to get rid of.

**Mod Edit: Unnecessary post.**
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#67 » by fendilim » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:51 pm

What does Schroeder provide us? Is he a game changer that can lead us be a contender? If so, why not just keep him instead?

Why would we want Dennis? We’re tanking just like your team.
PennytoShaq

Post#68 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

I guess you are ignorant, so let me explain it for you. - Schroeder has a terrible contract. We don’t need a short term solution that adds 15 million to the books for no reason. Since your team is about to be really, really bad for a long time, I think you should probably understand this.

Deleted.

I don’t see anyone bitter at all about Trae Young. That was kind of non-sequitor, but it makes about as much sense as the PM you sent me for no reason.

I also clearly explained why we don’t want schroeder, but apparently you are living in delusion since you are making fun of us for going to the lottery, which is where the Hawks will be living for a while. It’s a shame you all had Doncic and traded him away, maybe this is why you are lashing out.

Mod - Post has been edited.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#69 » by Furinkazan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:19 pm

oh come on why edits I was too late...I was about to get popcorn
mods destroy all the fun
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#70 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:55 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

Deleted.

I don’t see anyone bitter at all about Trae Young. That was kind of non-sequitor, but it makes about as much sense as the PM you sent me for no reason.

I also clearly explained why we don’t want schroeder, but apparently you are living in delusion since you are making fun of us for going to the lottery, which is where the Hawks will be living for a while. It’s a shame you all had Doncic and traded him away, maybe this is why you are lashing out.

Go get a hug somewhere. Lol. I weep for the future.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#71 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:56 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:oh come on why edits I was too late...I was about to get popcorn
mods destroy all the fun

Riiiight? I wanted to see also. Oh well.
PennytoShaq

Post#72 » by PennytoShaq » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Deleted.

You came here and trolled. I think you should take your own advice. Bye, kid.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#73 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:33 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:

You came here and trolled. I think you should take your own advice. Bye, kid.

Why is everything considered trolling. We had some idiot from the Mavs board come over and we still welcomed him. You guys are not nice. Btw kid, you and I are a lot alike...I mean, Spud2nique Penny to shaq? You come here often?
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#74 » by MoMM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 am

Uncommon wrote:
MoMM wrote:I assume our strategy is to go with these PGs and try to draft a PG in next years draft, the problem is that there is no great PG projected for next season. See NBADraft Mock: http://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

1st PG is a white kid ranked #12 (Grady) and after that there is no PG until #23.

He at least seems to be able to shot the ball, but less than 2apg with more than 35mpg doesn't seem good for a PG.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4278349/kellan-grady

Lol Kellan Grady is not white, although he might be mixed. It’s probably still too early to speculate about next year’s draft picks but you never know what may happen. Grady might have a Trae Young-like rise and be a top-5 pick. Or the opposite.

Well, he might not be white, but he is 6-5 195lbs, so it's pretty small, I can't see him being any good in defense (never see him play for the record, so I might be wrong).
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#75 » by fendilim » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:55 am

~Snoopy~ wrote:oh come on why edits I was too late...I was about to get popcorn
mods destroy all the fun
spud`s trade idea of vuc for schroeder. everyone laughed. He took offense. And said something foolish to p2shaq,
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#76 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 am

MoMM wrote:I assume our strategy is to go with these PGs and try to draft a PG in next years draft, the problem is that there is no great PG projected for next season. See NBADraft Mock: http://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

1st PG is a white kid ranked #12 (Grady) and after that there is no PG until #23.

He at least seems to be able to shot the ball, but less than 2apg with more than 35mpg doesn't seem good for a PG.

Wish we moved up for Young/Doncic. Yeah next years draft doesn't have many PG prospects. It's a wing/forward/center draft. Some really really good talent if you can get into top 5.

Looks like we'll have to save money for a FA PG.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#77 » by Skybox » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:47 am

I'd like to be excited about Grant...but, if he had a squid on his head - he'd be Elfrid
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#78 » by Furinkazan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:

Wish we moved up for Young/Doncic. Yeah next years draft doesn't have many PG prospects. It's a wing/forward/center draft. Some really really good talent if you can get into top 5.

that report saying ATL offered 3rd and Bazemore to Cavs for 8th.
Basicly its saying anybody who would eat that Bazemore contract could have had Doncic...
I happen to like Bamba(you dont) but we both propably agree Doncic is a generational talent...Dallas struck gold and cheap...we would have to overpay by taking Baze contract...so what>>????if the grand prize was Doncic....you should do it ...imo it was uber cheap but some certain gms cant see sht because of wingspan covering their view
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#79 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:29 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

that report saying ATL offered 3rd and Bazemore to Cavs for 8th.
Basicly its saying anybody who would eat that Bazemore contract could have had Doncic...
I happen to like Bamba(you dont) but we both propably agree Doncic is a generational talent...Dallas struck gold and cheap...we would have to overpay by taking Baze contract...so what>>????if the grand prize was Doncic....you should do it ...imo it was uber cheap but some certain gms cant see sht because of wingspan covering their view

We should have!!

He probably wasn't on WeHam's radar. Because you know, elite length and size. :banghead:
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#80 » by Xatticus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:14 pm

Skybox wrote:I'd like to be excited about Grant...but, if he had a squid on his head - he'd be Elfrid

No. He wouldn't.

Elfrid is by far the superior player.

Payton has a career AST% of 33.9, whereas Grant's career mark is 24.2 (lower than Augustin's). Payton has a career BPM of -0.3 versus Grant's career -2.0 (Augustin is -1.6). Grant is roughly 16 months older than Payton by the way.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991

Return to Orlando Magic