ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Summer League Thread: League Games and News

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Re: 2018 Summer League Thread: League Games and News 

Post#1601 » by whocares1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:02 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:2010 isnt lying about draftexpress missing knox from their early mocks/top 50. it's true. as far as other mocks i cant remmeber where they had knox

You the REAL MVP because you were on Knox LAST year. I actually don't even give a **** if you hopped off. I remember being in early draft threads and you were posting videos bringing him up left and right.

yea knox was a beast in HS and i was really intrigued by him. the knox we seeing right now in summer league is the same knox i was a fan of from HS. so far so good :D

The first Knox video I saw was the one you posted about Jonathon Isaac and they shared the same trainer. I watched for Isaac but I stayed for Knox. I was surprised when he struggled in Kentucky.
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#1602 » by alphad0gz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:12 am

shtolky wrote:
_NYK_ wrote:At what point do the blue chip recruits stop going to Kentucky? It's kinda already started to happen since Duke is getting the top guys in recent years. But if I'm seeing all these dudes show out once they leave Kentucky, I may start having thoughts that it might be an indictment of the program and guys are being held back. Based on early returns, Knox and SGA both lost millions by getting picked lower in the lottery than they probably should have, among countless others before them.

But you can also sell it that he prepared him to be better once they reached the league though, depending on how one views it. It's an interesting thing to follow and think about.

I would think the successes of the Kentucky players would make them want to go there more. Sure they might "slip" in the draft but they've shown staying power. Isn't that the goal of these college players, to have long successful NBA careers. If I am looking at Kentucky and I see Davis, Cousins, Rondo, Wall, Bledsoe, Booker, Towns, Randle, Murray, even younger guys like Fox, Knox, and SGA, I say to myself, damn if I go to Kentucky I am going to attend possibly the best pre-NBA prep school in the country.

That he turns good players into great ones is a fallacy. Most of his guys would be lotto right out of HS and some of them even regress at UK. I don't think he's a bad coach, but he isn't the god some make him out to be. It's a hell of a lot easier when you start with the cream every year.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,253

Post#1603 » by Oscirus » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:28 am

no movement at all on the offense
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1604 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:56 am

Collectively the NYY ERA is 3.43 which ranks as #2 in the league behind the Astros' ridiculous 2.87. The Orioles are ranked 28th with a 4.90 and the Yanks are having a hard time maintaining any offensive flow.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1605 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:00 am

alphad0gz wrote:
shtolky wrote:
_NYK_ wrote:At what point do the blue chip recruits stop going to Kentucky? It's kinda already started to happen since Duke is getting the top guys in recent years. But if I'm seeing all these dudes show out once they leave Kentucky, I may start having thoughts that it might be an indictment of the program and guys are being held back. Based on early returns, Knox and SGA both lost millions by getting picked lower in the lottery than they probably should have, among countless others before them.

But you can also sell it that he prepared him to be better once they reached the league though, depending on how one views it. It's an interesting thing to follow and think about.

I would think the successes of the Kentucky players would make them want to go there more. Sure they might "slip" in the draft but they've shown staying power. Isn't that the goal of these college players, to have long successful NBA careers. If I am looking at Kentucky and I see Davis, Cousins, Rondo, Wall, Bledsoe, Booker, Towns, Randle, Murray, even younger guys like Fox, Knox, and SGA, I say to myself, damn if I go to Kentucky I am going to attend possibly the best pre-NBA prep school in the country.

That he turns good players into great ones is a fallacy. Most of his guys would be lotto right out of HS and some of them even regress at UK. I don't think he's a bad coach, but he isn't the god some make him out to be. It's a hell of a lot easier when you start with the cream every year.

He's always been a great recruiter. Good coach not great. I do think he's the best at college level at producing pro's not necessarily best coach though.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#1606 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:03 am

Any word on Justin Harper? Is it a broken foot? It looked really bad. Hope it wasn’t as serious as it looked.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1607 » by Mecca » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:25 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
alphad0gz wrote:
shtolky wrote:

He's always been a great recruiter. Good coach not great. I do think he's the best at college level at producing pro's not necessarily best coach though.

Yeah. It's not that he turns water into wine with these prospects. He just has a great eye for NBA talent. I argued that last year. He very vaguely recruits players that end up being busts. Only ones really are Knight, MKG and Hami.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#1608 » by shtolky » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:55 pm

alphad0gz wrote:
shtolky wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that he turns good players into great ones or that he's this messiah coach, but you can't argue with the results of the Kentucky NBA players. There have been plenty of high level recruits/freshman in college who were busts or at the very best average in the NBA. Kentucky players have a knack for translating well to the NBA, even the guys who aren't high lotto picks.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,916

Post#1609 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:53 pm

Apparently, ratings for summer league have been way up. That should be a good indicator that ESPN would be able to market a G-League with more star prospects in it. E.g. when the NBA removes the age limit.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#1610 » by eagle54 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:56 pm

SL it's over for us or we have another game ?
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1611 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:57 pm

eagle54 wrote:SL it's over for us or we have another game ?

I think we play the Celtics tomorrow
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,912

Post#1612 » by god shammgod » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:02 pm

HEZI wrote:
eagle54 wrote:SL it's over for us or we have another game ?

I think we play the Celtics tomorrow

knicks vs celtics 4:30 tomorrow espn2
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,197

Post#1613 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Man Foe(aka kt) whiffed on issac.

Wasn't he one of his biggest detractors?? When i used to lurk the boards before i became a member all i saw was him bashing him.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,308

Post#1614 » by Moose » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:42 pm

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,984

Post#1615 » by stuporman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Why didn't Knox make the all-summer 1st team? Robbed! :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1616 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:26 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:Man Foe(aka kt) whiffed on issac.

Wasn't he one of his biggest detractors?? When i used to lurk the boards before i became a member all i saw was him bashing him.

I said he was a PF. That’s what I kept repeating over and over again. Didn’t whiff, but thanks. He has been good in SL a for sure, but he’s still a PF. Talent is there, jumper looks better, and his handle looks much improved. Way more comfortable on offense and the defense is definitely there.

And before someone brings up Knox, the issues are still there I called out. For what it’s worth, I spoke with two separate scouts over the last few days who had the same concerns I did. He’s worked on the handle, using length, and jumper, but he’s still raw.

That’s all the information I’m releasing here.

If people are gonna call me out when I’m not posting here anymore (or way way way less), can y’all at least quote me? Easier to respond.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,290

Post#1617 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:34 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:

I said he was a PF. That’s what I kept repeating over and over again. Didn’t whiff, but thanks. He has been good in SL a for sure, but he’s still a PF. Talent is there, jumper looks better, and his handle looks much improved. Way more comfortable on offense and the defense is definitely there.

And before someone brings up Knox, the issues are still there I called out. For what it’s worth, I spoke with two separate scouts over the last few days who had the same concerns I did. He’s worked on the handle, using length, and jumper, but he’s still raw.

That’s all the information I’m releasing here.

If people are gonna call me out when I’m not posting here anymore (or way way way less), can y’all at least quote me? Easier to respond.

YO...DON'T FUQ WITH MY MAN KT/FOE!! Dude puts in work with his breakdowns!! Why you tripping Arrow? :curse:
:beer: RIP mags
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1618 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:41 pm

I think I said this before, but if anyone wants to contact me, I'm on Twitter and always PMing me here is good. I'll get the email and then just log in.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,596

Post#1619 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:I think I said this before, but if anyone wants to contact me, I'm on Twitter and always PMing me here is good. I'll get the email and then just log in.

Congratulations on your retirement. Just remember the peons here - like shammgod - on your way up the ladder. :D
Free Palestine
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1620 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:52 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:I think I said this before, but if anyone wants to contact me, I'm on Twitter and always PMing me here is good. I'll get the email and then just log in.

Congratulations on your retirement. Just remember the peons here - like shammgod - on your way up the ladder. :D

Return to New York Knicks