ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: World Cup 2018 thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Re: OT: World Cup 2018 thread 

Post#161 » by HEZI » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Umtiti with the headah
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
HEZI
RealGM

Post#162 » by HEZI » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:15 pm

This kid Mbappe is just out here toying with these dudes
DENVER NUGGETS
HEZI
RealGM

Post#163 » by HEZI » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Wild ending there

France vs. Croatia Final would be a crazy matchup. England won't go down without a fight tomorrow though
DENVER NUGGETS
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#164 » by eagle54 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:04 pm

eagle54 wrote:Image

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) Second star we're coming :P
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#165 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:05 pm

I can't believe how dumb those old **** are at FIFA. Can they finally switch to a fixed time so the last 15~ minutes of every match doesn't turn into a **** where dudes are just trying to milk the clock.

Its freaking disgusting. And those morons are trying to feed their "fair play" bs in like every ad. :lol:
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#166 » by DrKnick » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm

eagle54 wrote:
eagle54 wrote:Image

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) Second star we're coming :P

Told you, mon frère.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#167 » by El Poochio » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:26 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:I can't believe how dumb those old **** are at FIFA. Can they finally switch to a fixed time so the last 15~ minutes of every match doesn't turn into a **** where dudes are just trying to milk the clock.

Its freaking disgusting. And those morons are trying to feed their "fair play" bs in like every ad. :lol:

Hamster for President!

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio

Post#168 » by El Poochio » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:27 pm

France first ever african team to win a world cup?

DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#169 » by DrKnick » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 pm

El Poochio wrote:France first ever african team to win a world cup?

I think it's the same as in 1998 that France represents a multi-ethnic France. I know what you're saying but it's been the same in the last 20 years or so of many players hailing from different ethnic backgrounds. But France national team has been like that since like forever like Raymond Kopa who was Polish and others being Italian, Portuguese and even to Indo like Vikash Dhorasoo. But many people like yourself think France has many black players on the national team that it's not even considered France no more nowadays where as it could be different if the white players were white and having Italian or Slavic surnames. Could be the same thing as people think of USA Olympic basketball team that doesn't represents the multi-ethnic USA.

I remember in the 2002 World Cup, the Belgium national team had mostly white players and the Mpenza Brothers. Though only one was on the squad and the other was out with an injury. Now, Belgium is the same as France.
El Poochio

Post#170 » by El Poochio » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:35 pm

DrKnick wrote:

I think it's the same as in 1998 that France represents a multi-ethnic France. I know what you're saying but it's been the same in the last 20 years or so of many players hailing from different ethnic backgrounds. But France national team has been like that since like forever like Raymond Kopa who was Polish and others being Italian, Portuguese and even to Indo like Vikash Dhorasoo. But many people like yourself think France has many black players on the national team that it's not even considered France no more nowadays where as it could be different if the white players were white and having Italian or Slavic surnames. Could be the same thing as people think of USA Olympic basketball team that doesn't represents the multi-ethnic USA.

I remember in the 2002 World Cup, the Belgium national team had mostly white players and the Mpenza Brothers. Though only one was on the squad and the other was out with an injury. Now, Belgium is the same as France.

Kinda like with England Januzaj from Poland

eagle54
Pro Prospect

Post#171 » by eagle54 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:56 am

DrKnick wrote:

We have lot of ethnicity in france but it's a part of our history :D (Former French colonies particulary in Africa) and our island like Guadeloupe- Martinique etc. But it's not only us, look at belgium (two spoken language in the team and the country,Switzerland it's 4 differents languages) or england team.

After the game everywhere in France was like that and the night was very short :lol: :

Porzingod
Sophomore
And1: 153

Post#172 » by Porzingod » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:10 am

eagle54 wrote:
DrKnick wrote:

We have lot of ethnicity in france but it's a part of our history :D (Former French colonies particulary in Africa) and our island like Guadeloupe- Martinique etc. But it's not only us, look at belgium (two spoken language in the team and the country,Switzerland it's 4 differents languages) or england team.

After the game everywhere in France was like that and the night was very short :lol: :

Serious question, how do you feel about immigration policy of France and Macron saying that nationalism has taken over Europe?
I personally come from eastern Europe and here we are just pretty disgusted with seeing the nations with the richest cultures and richest history in human existence(France, Germany, UK) getting liberally "multicultured".
eagle54
Pro Prospect

Post#173 » by eagle54 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:29 am

It's a very complex question in reality because there are differents kind of immigration in Europe.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#174 » by Flaming Mo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:59 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:I can't believe how dumb those old **** are at FIFA. Can they finally switch to a fixed time so the last 15~ minutes of every match doesn't turn into a **** where dudes are just trying to milk the clock.

Thank you, I've been saying it for years. It took them forever to implement the video referee which was long overdue in a game where one play can decide the entire contest. What's crazy is that a few simple rule changes would put an end to many many things wrong with soccer. Let only the captain speak to the ref (like in Rugby), have a fixed time and dish out a red card for flopping. Players going after the ref like they are fighting in a club, rolling around the floor, not leaving the pitch when they are ahead and get substituted and acting like they are seriously hurt when just slightly touched... for me, it makes the game almost unwatchable at times...

I was a huge fan of Mbappe until yesterday. I still like him but his behavior in the last couple of minutes yesterday was disgusting.

But hell, FIFA has been corrupt forever so who would expect sanity from them...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
eagle54
Pro Prospect

Post#175 » by eagle54 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:23 pm

Welcome to the soccer but do you really think the 1 min gained by Mbappe change this game ? Belgium was in difficult to create a situation and shot so this minute change nothing . Moreover issues are very important, it's just normal situation in every soccer game. Gain time it's very different to simulate for a penalty too.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#176 » by Flaming Mo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:44 pm

eagle54 wrote:Welcome to the soccer but do you really think the 1 min gained by Mbappe change this game ? Belgium was in difficult to create a situation and shot so this minute change nothing . Moreover issues are very important, it's just normal situation in every soccer game. Gain time it's very different to simulate for a penalty too.

Oh I'm not saying France would have lost, far from it. It happens in every game, often much more glaring and offensive than yesterday, and it is just terrible to watch...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
eagle54
Pro Prospect

Post#177 » by eagle54 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Yeah I know, but unfortunately at the end of every game (and moreover in big game) it's "normal" situation because the team which leads want the end of the game.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#178 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Hezonja vs. Ntilikina in the Final
DENVER NUGGETS