ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox" - erupts in a loss

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Re: PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox" - erupts in a loss 

Post#641 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:49 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
did you say dump veterans....

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7095950

the other mods should give me the ability to edit your posts too :lol:

what if I told you I have emailed Scott Perry about this.... :o :o :o

ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Re: PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox" - erupts in a loss 

Post#642 » by god shammgod » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:52 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
did you say dump veterans....

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7095950

the other mods should give me the ability to edit your posts too :lol:

what if I told you I have emailed Scott Perry about this.... :o :o :o

ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#643 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:If Knox plays 32+ minutes per game, he can average 18-22 PPG

It's not rocket science

If he plays less minutes, then lower the numbers

I could be wrong about the minutes played, but I doubt I will be wrong about his production

stop it my dude. Its completely unreasonable. Don't do it to yourself.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,967

Post#644 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Sark wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Sark wrote:

Seems like you've forgotten that Hardaway, Burke, and Lee are still on the team. Or maybe you have them gone in mpharris' trade for Melo.

I wouldn't count on Lee being here.
Don't move to Burkestan just to win an argument.

Hardaway will get more shots. Knox will be 2 or 1a.

It's not just Burke and Hardaway. Hezonja didn't sign a 1 year deal to watch Knox chuck shots. He's gonna get a healthy amount of shots. Frank is going to be more aggressive this year I am sure. He's gonna take more shots. KP will come back eventually. It's his team when he does.

Durant barely averaged 20, and he did it with a dumpster fire team that was trying to get out of Seattle.

Oh ffs. Teams have other players on them. The Knicks vets have nothing on who the Jazz, Mavs, and especially Celtics had last year. ust 3 years ago, Porzingis averaged 14 next to Melo and his offensive arsenal was not nearly as stocked. Rookies that project as good to great scorers can get theirs within those contexts. JThey always have. If you don't project Knox as a good to great scorer just say it but the likes of Enes Kanter, Mario Hezonja, Trey Burke (who distributes a LOT), and Courtney Lee aren't gonna keep him from getting there. Frank being aggressive means him getting into the lane and creating more opportunities for rim runners like Knox.

If you don't think he's gonna be a good to great scorer just say it. If he is, he'll get his shots, just like he did in Summer League when he put the team on notice that it was his.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#645 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:55 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:If Knox plays 32+ minutes per game, he can average 18-22 PPG

It's not rocket science

If he plays less minutes, then lower the numbers

I could be wrong about the minutes played, but I doubt I will be wrong about his production

stop it my dude. Its completely unreasonable. Don't do it to yourself.

His production Per 36 will be high. If you can't see that, I'm fine with being ahead of the curve. You'll catch up later
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#646 » by god shammgod » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Sark wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

It's not just Burke and Hardaway. Hezonja didn't sign a 1 year deal to watch Knox chuck shots. He's gonna get a healthy amount of shots. Frank is going to be more aggressive this year I am sure. He's gonna take more shots. KP will come back eventually. It's his team when he does.

Durant barely averaged 20, and he did it with a dumpster fire team that was trying to get out of Seattle.

Oh ffs. Teams have other players on them. The Knicks vets have nothing on who the Jazz, Mavs, and especially Celtics had last year. Rookies that project as good to great scorers can get theirs within those contexts. They always have. If you don't project Knox as a good to great scorer just say it but the likes of Enes Kanter, Mario Hezonja, Trey Burke (who distributes a LOT), and Courtney Lee aren't gonna keep him from getting there. Frank being aggressive means him getting into the lane and creating more opportunities for rim runners like Knox.

If you don't think he's gonna be a good to great scorer just say it. If he is, he'll get his shots, just like he did in Summer League when he put the team on notice that it was his.

well damn

for me, i think he has the ability. i don't trust his teammates. has there ever been a knicks rookie who we didn't complain was not getting the ball enough ?
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,526

Post#647 » by Lord Commander » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Not gonna lie. I had to wipe the screen down after the game.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#648 » by god shammgod » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:57 pm

burke could probably average 18 points if he got enough shots. so it really depends.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#649 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Sark wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Oh ffs. Teams have other players on them. The Knicks vets have nothing on who the Jazz, Mavs, and especially Celtics had last year. Rookies that project as good to great scorers can get theirs within those contexts. They always have. If you don't project Knox as a good to great scorer just say it but the likes of Enes Kanter, Mario Hezonja, Trey Burke (who distributes a LOT), and Courtney Lee aren't gonna keep him from getting there. Frank being aggressive means him getting into the lane and creating more opportunities for rim runners like Knox.

Yeah, it is kind of obvious we drafted a guy who is going to be one of the top 10 scorers in the league before very long.

Like you say, if people want to hedge their bets by saying he won't be a top 10 scorer then they should say so.

I detect a meme that has developed on this board that goes like this: Guy who will be a star must mature and break out in years 3 or 4.

Well, sometimes

But sometimes a guy is just going to be a star player from day one

If people can't see that I don't blame them for being apprehensive, but it is really obvious to some of us what we've got on our hands

This could be one of those drafts that produces a Lebron and a Kobe and several other All-Stars

We happened to be one of the teams that landed one

I'd appreciate it in advance if people EFFING NOT tell me to chill about saying it. A stud like this should be obvious. Not my fault some are gun shy about saying it, but I'll say it and don't need to be told not to say it
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#650 » by god shammgod » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:01 pm

i'm just happy that it looks like we got a kid who could possibly be an all-star one day. it's not certain but there are great signs. all this other stuff aint that important.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,448

Post#651 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:02 pm

It matters more how he scores and the other things he does. ppg isn't really all that important of a stat anyway.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#652 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:02 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Sark wrote:

well damn

for me, i think he has the ability. i don't trust his teammates. has there ever been a knicks rookie who we didn't complain was not getting the ball enough ?

Sure, but I'll counter that I haven't seen a Knick rookie with his offensive potential since??? Anyone??? Even KP averaged 14 and he was next to Melo and didn't have the arsenal of Knox as a rookie. He was just tall, fast, and could shoot.

If this was Mikal - who I still love as a prospect - I would agree but Knox's personality suggests he'll take the damn ball from the get go. They're gonna run through him and Timmy to start the year.
BAF Clippers

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#653 » by Mecca » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:02 pm

Mecca wrote:Where are our points coming from this year? I'm treating Lee like he's gone

Trey 17
Timmy 17
Kanter 15
Knox 15
Hezonja 11
Frank 8
Robinson 8
Mudiay 5
Troy 4
LFT 4

Is around 100 PPG. Feels accurate.

see this:

Very easy to see how Knox can get 15.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#654 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:burke could probably average 18 points if he got enough shots. so it really depends.

Valid point. He totally could. He won't most nights, but he's a good option to take extra shots on nights he has the hot hand, because he can fill up the sheet pretty quickly

I don't see him getting 15 shots per game, but some nights it will be totally justified. Because he's a good player
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#655 » by god shammgod » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:03 pm

kobe averaged 7.6 points in year 1. and lebron was one of those guys like duncan that people knew would be one of the greats before they were ever drafted.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#656 » by god shammgod » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

well damn

Sure, but I'll counter that I haven't seen a Knick rookie with his offensive potential since??? Anyone??? Even KP averaged 14 and he was next to Melo and didn't have the arsenal of Knox as a rookie. He was just tall, fast, and could shoot.

If this was Mikal - who I still love as a prospect - I would agree but Knox's personality suggests he'll take the damn ball from the get go. They're gonna run through him and Timmy to start the year.

i don't even know what the exact number is we're arguing over. 15 ? clyde said 18-20.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#657 » by Capn'O » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:05 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
well damn

i don't even know what the exact number is we're arguing over. 15 ? clyde said 18-20.

There are a few numbers floating around. Sark and I are haggling over 15.
BAF Clippers

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#658 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:08 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
well damn

My math is he plays over 32 minutes he'll average 18-22 PPG
If it is 25-30 minutes, then 15-17 PPG
Fiz will get production from Knox; only variable in my mind is how many minutes he plays him
ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#659 » by god shammgod » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

There are a few numbers floating around. Sark and I are haggling over 15.

15 is possible. is the number that important ? do i expect them to make him the 1st option on the 1st day of the season though ? no. but if he comes out hot right away he can take it. like i said, he has to earn it.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#660 » by Sark » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Sark wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Oh ffs. Teams have other players on them. The Knicks vets have nothing on who the Jazz, Mavs, and especially Celtics had last year. ust 3 years ago, Porzingis averaged 14 next to Melo and his offensive arsenal was not nearly as stocked. Rookies that project as good to great scorers can get theirs within those contexts. JThey always have. If you don't project Knox as a good to great scorer just say it but the likes of Enes Kanter, Mario Hezonja, Trey Burke (who distributes a LOT), and Courtney Lee aren't gonna keep him from getting there. Frank being aggressive means him getting into the lane and creating more opportunities for rim runners like Knox.

I think he'll be a good scorer in the NBA, with his peak/prime around 22-24 ppg. I don't think it's realistic for him to above 16 as a 19 year, not because others will be keeping the ball from him, but because of how hard the NBA is.

I think there's a lot of irrational exuberance right now with dreams of grandeur because of Summer League, which is not a great barometer for what happens at the next level. It's certainly not a new phenomenon, and there are plenty of examples of players killing it in SL, and never panning out in the NBA.

Return to New York Knicks