ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox" - erupts in a loss

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Re: PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox" - erupts in a loss 

Post#681 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
are they sending a pick with that? why would anyone take carroll for free?

Yeah

at that point why not just stretch Melo and keep the pick?

It would save them a ton of money.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,193

Re: PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox" - erupts in a loss 

Post#682 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
Yeah

wouldn't it save them the exact same money this year if not less...stretching melo saves them 17-18 million this year...trading for lin saves them 16 million this year.

The only benifit is future year but are they willing to trade a 1st round pick for that?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#683 » by alphad0gz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:If Knox plays 32+ minutes per game, he can average 18-22 PPG

It's not rocket science

If he plays less minutes, then lower the numbers

I could be wrong about the minutes played, but I doubt I will be wrong about his production

22 ppg puts him around all time top 25 rookie scoring. You guys need to pump the brakes a bit. He has never been a consistent shooter and he will not get the calls as a rookie. 16-17 would be exceptional. 22 ppg is great for a guy playing more than 32 minutes. So much craziness going on. Summer.....League.....
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,861

Post#684 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:37 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nets don't have enough cap space to make the deal straight up. It would likely involve Carroll.

Lee/Hardaway much better than that crap....

I don't think Mills wants to trade Hardaway

he needs to STFU then and let perry run the show.

Mills running the show...signing hardaway/baker and almost trading for Ryan Anderson's contract

Perry running the show trading for a pick that landed mitchel robinson and drafting Knox

Perry's got this

ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#685 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:39 pm

KnicksGod wrote:It's easy to focus on Knox being the main scorer while KP and Hardaway fit in behind him, but maybe the most interesting and less focused-on idea is that Mitch can chase the perimeter and play more mobile D while KP just protects the rim.

Whatever will be will be with Knox and KP as far as their skills and willingness to carry the scoring load, but Fiz will need to figure out ways to maximize quite a bit of length and put people in the right places defensively.

I kind of had it the other way around with Mitch holding down the paint, but it really can flip the other way with KP staying more inside on D and MRob being more mobile on the perimeter. But they'll both end up roaming a bit as it is their tendency
ImageImageImage
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Post#686 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:55 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

wouldn't it save them the exact same money this year if not less...stretching melo saves them 17-18 million this year...trading for lin saves them 16 million this year.

The only benifit is future year but are they willing to trade a 1st round pick for that?

It saves them from stretching Melo which would be pretty big. That saves them almost $20mil the next 2 seasons in dead cap. Or they could stretch Lin too which saves them some money the next 3 years.

Guess it depends what kind of pick they are offering up and they may need a 3rd team to make it work...might be difficult to pull off still.

If anything, maybe there's a slim chance we could put Lee in a deal if nobody else wants Carroll...like if we take Carroll, send Lee to OKC and they stretch Lin with Melo and a pick going to the Nets. May not be worth it for OKC though.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#687 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:56 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nets don't have enough cap space to make the deal straight up. It would likely involve Carroll.

Melo getting traded to the Nets for Lin would be wild on so many levels. And I'm here for it.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#688 » by boomann21 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:57 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Melo getting traded to the Nets for Lin would be wild on so many levels. And I'm here for it.

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#689 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Sark wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:Welp, I knew it. :D

You dudes are crazy. This board is gonna get pretty dark when Knox will not even sniff 16-17ppg and is gonna be a 3rd option at max.

I'd be surprised if he isn't over 15ppg this year.

He averaged 15 at Kentucky. NBA is a slightly harder.

I'd be ecstatic if he averaged 15, but I think 12 or 13 is more realistic, which is still very good for a 19 year old.

I don't mind 13 from him as long as it comes with at least 5 reb and maybe a couple of assists as well. I do actually think he could avg more then 13 with no KP and with him saying he wants to win ROY. It will be Knox, Kanter, Burke and Timmy as our top scorers.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#690 » by GEOLINK » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Lin and Westbrook though...

Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,353

Post#691 » by Grinditout » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 pm

GEOLINK wrote:Lin and Westbrook though...

Can it get any worse though than melo-westbrook lol
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#692 » by GEOLINK » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Melo in Brooklyn actually works out for Melo. It'll probably be the only team that he can start. :lol:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,212

Post#693 » by KnicksGod » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:34 pm

alphad0gz wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:If Knox plays 32+ minutes per game, he can average 18-22 PPG

It's not rocket science

If he plays less minutes, then lower the numbers

I could be wrong about the minutes played, but I doubt I will be wrong about his production

22 ppg puts him around all time top 25 rookie scoring. You guys need to pump the brakes a bit. He has never been a consistent shooter and he will not get the calls as a rookie. 16-17 would be exceptional. 22 ppg is great for a guy playing more than 32 minutes. So much craziness going on. Summer.....League.....

The guys don’t come into the NBA shooting consistently unless they’re pure shooters and don’t do a ton more.

Goes moreso for guys who are big and skilled. Even Bron didn’t come in with a reliable J and he was only a year younger.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#694 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 pm

Mecca wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Mecca wrote:
see this:

Very easy to see how Knox can get 15.

trey burke is not putting up 17. and KP will be back.

8 sounds like a lot for robinson this year, especially with kanter in the fold.

if knox did 15 ppg that would be astounding.

The points have to come somewhere JVG. Can you show me where?

I won’t include KP since I don’t know if/when he comes back. Lee is also likely a goner.

just not that many from trey. trey would need 30+ mpg and i don't think that's happening off the bench.

no KP tim could do like 19, 20. frank can probably get 10 with starter's minutes. if mudiay PT is a priority then trey is not gonna have the kind of opportunities to average 17.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,940

Post#695 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: This was definitely me yesterday
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#696 » by F N 11 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 pm

CEO of the not trading RJ club.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,719

Post#697 » by cgf » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:22 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

You dudes are crazy. This board is gonna get pretty dark when Knox will not even sniff 16-17ppg and is gonna be a 3rd option at max.

Fiz is going to feed this kid like crazy

He'll score 20+ PPG

Stick that in your peace pipe and smoke it

Eh, I'm still not expecting us to funnel everything through him. We should expect he & THJr to each have nights where they hoist up 20 shots, with Kanter getting his looks as well...throw in the likes of Hezonja & Burke (problem from the bench) and hopefully a more aggressive Frank & in general I'm expecting the kids to get PT, but still be insulated from being put in a position to fail by having too much on their plate.

Which is cool by me. I'd rather ease kids in in terms of role on the floor & let their play during the season demand promotion as they're ready for the next challenge.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
New Knicks
Junior
And1: 190

Post#698 » by New Knicks » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Knox will Avg 11-14 a game depending on if he starts or not. If he start I can see 11-14 a game he won’t shot well but will be aggressive. Plus I except him to get some open looks and off the screen as well. He should be able to score
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#699 » by N8isScofield » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:42 pm

Don't kill me guys but what is everyone seeing that I'm not? I see a really raw kid with some physical tools and a lot of sloppiness to iron out of his game. Help me understand why everyone is getting so worked up like he's going to dominate out of the gates. I'm not even trying to be contentious, I'm just wondering what I'm missing.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#700 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:42 pm

cgf wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Fiz is going to feed this kid like crazy

He'll score 20+ PPG

Stick that in your peace pipe and smoke it

Eh, I'm still not expecting us to funnel everything through him. We should expect he & THJr to each have nights where they hoist up 20 shots, with Kanter getting his looks as well...throw in the likes of Hezonja & Burke (problem from the bench) and hopefully a more aggressive Frank & in general I'm expecting the kids to get PT, but still be insulated from being put in a position to fail by having too much on their plate.

Which is cool by me. I'd rather ease kids in in terms of role on the floor & let their play during the season demand promotion as they're ready for the next challenge.

Which is fine by me. Like I said, if the minutes are given to Knox, his numbers will swell because he will produce
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks