ImageImageImageImageImage

BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued)- Announcement on page 98

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued) 

Post#741 » by Mecca » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:41 am

2010 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
2010 wrote:
Sexton not nice? That's why he went 8th overall and Cleveland is handing him the keys.

The Warriors could have started YOU at C in the Finals and it wouldn't matter. Everyone in the world knows Zbo is better than McGee.

The same Jarell Martin who couldn't get off the bench for me and that I cut twice and didn't want back. Yeah, that one lol

5 years ago maybe. McGee is about to have a huge year in LA + looked great in the finals and saying anything other than that is hating.

Sexton won’t be good in the Sim year 1. Rookies never are in the Sim. That’s a fact.

Jarell Martin is literally my 11th man. My 2nd unit is LeVert/Wayne/McGee/Tyus

You trying so desperately to pump & dump McGee but nobody gonna bite. You gonna lose Mo Wagner :lol:

Even if Sexton doesn't kill it in year 1, last time I checc'd this is a competition that is ongoing. We got enough to compete in the playoffs now and still be in the mix for a championship yearly once Ball, Sexton, Knox, Simons, Preston, and Hezonja all come into their own.

Really not stressed to move McGee. I wouldn’t trade him to pooch in the Embiid deal when he asked. I’m a big McGee guy. And I don’t care, we’re talking next year. All I need to say is your starting SG is Mario Hezonja. On that note I’m out.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#742 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:42 am

When your team doesn't have any summer league guys...

Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#743 » by j4remi » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:43 am

Bruce Brown is a terror.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#744 » by 2010 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:48 am

Mecca wrote:
2010 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

5 years ago maybe. McGee is about to have a huge year in LA + looked great in the finals and saying anything other than that is hating.

Sexton won’t be good in the Sim year 1. Rookies never are in the Sim. That’s a fact.

Jarell Martin is literally my 11th man. My 2nd unit is LeVert/Wayne/McGee/Tyus

You trying so desperately to pump & dump McGee but nobody gonna bite. You gonna lose Mo Wagner :lol:

Even if Sexton doesn't kill it in year 1, last time I checc'd this is a competition that is ongoing. We got enough to compete in the playoffs now and still be in the mix for a championship yearly once Ball, Sexton, Knox, Simons, Preston, and Hezonja all come into their own.

Really not stressed to move McGee. I wouldn’t trade him to pooch in the Embiid deal when he asked. I’m a big McGee guy. And I don’t care, we’re talking next year. All I need to say is your starting SG is Mario Hezonja. On that note I’m out.

The same Hezonja who killed it last season in the 2nd half and is due for a sim ratings bump. Same Hezonja everyone was praying took the Knicks offer. Same Hezonja who can play SG/SF/PF with excellent vision and versatility while being able to stroke the 3 and athletic enough to finish in transition. Same Hezonja I am only paying $3. Yeah, that one.

:lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,091

Post#745 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 am

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

thats a good thing? :lol:

averaging 15 and 5 right out the gate and having the best season out of all the rookie PG’s, thus resulting in the most votes on the nba rookie team. um yeah I think that’s a good thing.

i heard he closed on his first home in the offseason too...

doesn’t change the fact he was the best point guard of the draft. numbers don’t lie and he got the recognition he needed by getting the most votes on the rookie team.

and son all the rookie PG’s shot like trash. mfing frank shot 36% from the field :lol: rookie point guards are known to struggle shooting. you actin like this is new :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#746 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:54 am

mp you got micheal porter and Kyle Lowry on your roster and just traded another young player for washed up trash (Ryan Anderson). you won’t win this war :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,214

Post#747 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 am

3toheadmelo wrote:mp you got micheal porter and Kyle Lowry on your roster and just traded another young player for washed up trash (Ryan Anderson). you won’t win this war :lol:

win what war?

you talking about DSjr recognition, Kyle Lowry made the all-star team. Is that not recognition but your coming at him?

you can come at MPjr you have every right...in the position I was I was swinging for the fences. Time will tell. I have no issues with people questioning that pick.

And I shaved two more years off the trade for anderson so I will have nearly $300 coming off the books when all my young players are still under contract. Think big picture there...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Post#748 » by Brazilian Knick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:13 am

Read on Twitter

:nod:
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
F: | |
F: | |
C: | |
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#749 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:19 am

Kinda hoping those Vuceivic rumors IRL are true

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#750 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:mp you got micheal porter and Kyle Lowry on your roster and just traded another young player for washed up trash (Ryan Anderson). you won’t win this war :lol:

win what war?

you talking about DSjr recognition, Kyle Lowry made the all-star team. Is that not recognition but your coming at him?

you can come at MPjr you have every right...in the position I was I was swinging for the fences. Time will tell. I have no issues with people questioning that pick.

And I shaved two more years off the trade for anderson so I will have nearly $300 coming off the books when all my young players are still under contract. Think big picture there...

bruh lowry is 32. that man declining. he averaged the fewest PPG since 2012. he's gonna end up looking like melo very soon. you bout to make AD request a trade :lol:

in 2 years there is no good free agents worth $300 of cap space. so i am not seeing the big picture. unless you plan on blowing all your bread on dwight powell :lol:

you went backwards this offseason. you had a bunch of good youth (dunn, collins, timmy, holmes) and resorted to old players on the decline lowry/anderson.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#751 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:23 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

win what war?

bruh lowry is 32. that man declining. he averaged the fewest PPG since 2012. he's gonna end up looking like melo very soon. you bout to make AD request a trade :lol:

in 2 years there is no good free agents worth $300 of cap space. so i am not seeing the big picture. unless you plan on blowing all your bread on dwight powell :lol:

you went backwards this offseason. you had a bunch of good youth (dunn, collins, timmy, holmes) and resorted to old players on the decline lowry/anderson.

17 and 9 in the post season with 50% from the field and 44% from 3....sure seems like he is declining... :thumbsup:

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#752 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:53 am

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
win what war?

17 and 9 in the post season with 50% from the field and 44% from 3....sure seems like he is declining... :thumbsup:

you sound like me when i defended melo when he made the all star team last year :lol: oh boy you in for a rude awakening next season
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Re: RE: Re: BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued) 

Post#753 » by SOUL » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:Also Sactown has the best team in the league

Love that roster.
If I'm not mistaken that was done by the real halfionshop winner prior to SOUL taking oveR

Yep, I only added James Johnson + some bench pieces. I didn't want to tinker with it too much because I like how it's set up.

Regardless...

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#754 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:19 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:you sound like me when i defended melo when he made the all star team last year :lol: oh boy you in for a rude awakening next season

if the sims stats are based off of last year (which they are) the absolute earliest I will be in for a rude awakening will be the following year...

ROSTER

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,967

Post#755 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:51 pm

The wait for Dunn continues...not for me though since i have no money
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#756 » by King of Canada » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:The wait for Dunn continues...not for me though since i have no money

"The Summer of Dunn"
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#757 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Get ur bids in on DJ the starting PG on the Magic who will beast with Bamba and Freddy Van Vleet who may see more playing time under Nurse. Also don't sleep on Bogan who is still a threat from outside

Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#758 » by swisscheeseD » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:The wait for Dunn continues...not for me though since i have no money

All this money blown, somebody is going to end up with a steal on RoLo...at least I can offer him a 5th year at $12 bucks if I needed to...maybe a no-trade clause, too..

Everyone spending that $ on some of these cheesy role players, while teams like ATL going to pick off one of Dunn or RoLo.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#759 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:27 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:you sound like me when i defended melo when he made the all star team last year :lol: oh boy you in for a rude awakening next season

if the sims stats are based off of last year (which they are) the absolute earliest I will be in for a rude awakening will be the following year...

i believe we doin in season updates
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#760 » by swisscheeseD » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:27 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:you went backwards this offseason. you had a bunch of good youth (dunn, collins, timmy, holmes) and resorted to old players on the decline lowry/anderson.

You’re forgetting the best one of the bunch...Bogdan Bogdanovic.

:wink:
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky

Return to New York Knicks