ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Courtney lee an asset or an albatross contract?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Asset or nah

Yes
50%
No
33%
Not sure
17%

Total votes: 86

QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Re: Is Courtney lee an asset or an albatross contract? 

Post#81 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:58 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
It is guaranteed, but obviously it cuts a big chunk of the salary off.

It defeats the purpose to trade Lee for a player with the same contract length unless a 1st is attached to it.

Lee for an expiring, Lee for a 2nd rounder, or Lee for nothing back in a straight salary dump are deals worth pursuing. Anything else is just pointless

7.3M Galloway or 12.5 Lee?

Neither, I prefer 0. Hell, that deal doesnt even alleviate our guard glut, but rather adds to it. No thanks, hard pass.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#82 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:08 am

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
It defeats the purpose to trade Lee for a player with the same contract length unless a 1st is attached to it.

Lee for an expiring, Lee for a 2nd rounder, or Lee for nothing back in a straight salary dump are deals worth pursuing. Anything else is just pointless

Neither, I prefer 0. Hell, that deal doesnt even alleviate our guard glut, but rather adds to it. No thanks, hard pass.

What would it take to equalize the deal? FRP isn't gonna be on the table, but 2 2nds?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Post#83 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:35 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

What would it take to equalize the deal? FRP isn't gonna be on the table, but 2 2nds?

Meh, two seconds make me consider it but I still dont like the trade. Det is capped out with **** contracts and this past draft they didnt even own their own pick. They're not a good trade partner for us
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#84 » by ctorres » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:39 am

With Knox showing he is legit scorer, it might actually make more sense to keep Lee as our starting shooting guard and trade THjr.

Lee is content with averaging 10-13 ppg. That makes him a perfect 4th or 5th option, allowing Knox to blossom.

THjr will likely still want to prove he is a #1 option. That is likely to affect both the amount and the type of touches that Knox gets.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#85 » by IAmTheBest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:49 am

Lee is definitely an asset.

he plays defense, can shoot the 3, is a disciplined veteran pro, and can make plays. he is valuable to any team especially contenders
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#86 » by MadGrinch » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:54 am

IAmTheBest wrote:Lee is definitely an asset.

he plays defense, can shoot the 3, is a disciplined veteran pro, and can make plays. he is valuable to any team especially contenders

then why is he still a knick?

the knicks dont need him almost half the roster can play the shooting guard spot either offensively or defensively but..

when they traded melo , they needed a 3 that lee and THjr were too small to fill adequately

and then KP got hurt so they need a power forward too

if lee were truly an asset , he'd be gone because he is an older player on a rebuilding team at a position of great depth where there are holes elsewhere
Its because I'm green isn't it?
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#87 » by nedleeds » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Neutral. Slightly positive if he's healthy.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#88 » by dakomish23 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:20 am

He’s an asset if you’re willing to take bad salary back.

IE send him to WAS for Mahimi and their 2019 1st or Leonard and POR 1st

I’d do either deal in heartbeat. 2021 baby
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Re: RE: Re: Is Courtney lee an asset or an albatross contract? 

Post#89 » by blanko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:43 am

MadGrinch wrote:

the knicks dont need him almost half the roster can play the shooting guard spot either offensively or defensively but..

when they traded melo , they needed a 3 that lee and THjr were too small to fill adequately

if lee were truly an asset , he'd be gone because he is an older player on a rebuilding team at a position of great depth where there are holes elsewhere
Because teams know we want to shed salary. We can givw him for free but we should get at least a 2nd rounder lr two for him. He will be traded within 6 weeks of the season beginning.

Sent from my LGM-V300K using Tapatalk
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Re: RE: Re: Is Courtney lee an asset or an albatross contract? 

Post#90 » by MadGrinch » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:58 am

blanko wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:

Because teams know we want to shed salary. We can givw him for free but we should get at least a 2nd rounder lr two for him. He will be traded within 6 weeks of the season beginning.

so what ?

a lot of teams want to shed salary but deals get done .

the knicks lost KP before the trade deadline and with beasley apparently gone there is a big hole at the 4

the knicks also signed hardaway at the 2 making lee the obvious person to go ...and yet he is still here.

lee isn't going anywhere and if he is traded its the other team that will get something to take him...not the knicks.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
30andoverclub
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#91 » by 30andoverclub » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:13 pm

It only took two 2nd rounders (one of which was the 45th overall) to trade Mozgov for an expiring. Mozgoz only played 31 games last year and averaged 4.2 points per game. His contract is $16,000,000 this year and $16,720,000 next year.

Courtney Lee played 76 games last year and averaged 12.0 points per game on 45.4% from the field, 40.6% from three, and 91.9% from the free throw line. His contract is $12,253,780 this year and $12,759,670 next year.

He should be moveable for an expiring without giving up assets, and that's what I'd do. Anyway, considering the year he's had so far, I trust Perry.
blanko
Starter

Post#92 » by blanko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:59 pm

There is no rush. Just showcase him and kanter early in the season and hope for buyers

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,495

Post#93 » by cgf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:23 pm

ctorres wrote:With Knox showing he is legit scorer, it might actually make more sense to keep Lee as our starting shooting guard and trade THjr.

Lee is content with averaging 10-13 ppg. That makes him a perfect 4th or 5th option, allowing Knox to blossom.

THjr will likely still want to prove he is a #1 option. That is likely to affect both the amount and the type of touches that Knox gets.

The reasons why we'd rather keep Lee than THJr are the same reasons why Lee is likely to have more suitors than THJr...unless Sacramento bails us out by doing something very Sacramento; like offering us Shump or Zach's expiring contracts for him straight up :lol:
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
blanko
Starter

Post#94 » by blanko » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:53 am

We aint tradning Timmy unless a playoff team panics

Return to New York Knicks