ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Summer League Thread: League Games and News

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

RealGM
And1: 39,071

Re: 2018 Summer League Thread: League Games and News 

Post#1641 » by 2010 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:44 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

I said he was a PF. That’s what I kept repeating over and over again. Didn’t whiff, but thanks. He has been good in SL a for sure, but he’s still a PF. Talent is there, jumper looks better, and his handle looks much improved. Way more comfortable on offense and the defense is definitely there.

And before someone brings up Knox, the issues are still there I called out. For what it’s worth, I spoke with two separate scouts over the last few days who had the same concerns I did. He’s worked on the handle, using length, and jumper, but he’s still raw.

That’s all the information I’m releasing here.

If people are gonna call me out when I’m not posting here anymore (or way way way less), can y’all at least quote me? Easier to respond.

YO...DON'T FUQ WITH MY MAN KT/FOE!! Dude puts in work with his breakdowns!! Why you tripping Arrow? :curse:

:lol: I just remembered people trashing issac calling him trash. I thought kt was one of them.

Looking back though he never really trashed him. He just really had a problem with his frame and his true position.

I missed on this one.

Mags hated Isaac :lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,457

Post#1642 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:24 am

2010 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
YO...DON'T FUQ WITH MY MAN KT/FOE!! Dude puts in work with his breakdowns!! Why you tripping Arrow? :curse:

:lol: I just remembered people trashing issac calling him trash. I thought kt was one of them.

Looking back though he never really trashed him. He just really had a problem with his frame and his true position.

I missed on this one.

Mags hated Isaac :lol:

Yeah i remember. 90% of the board did.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Illightinati
Senior
And1: 454

Post#1643 » by Illightinati » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:09 am

3toheadmelo wrote:beast!

YOUNGGGG KINGGGGGGGGGG SHINEEEEEEEE
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,906

Post#1644 » by sol537 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:17 am

This draft is looking mighty deep, at least for players that will be starting caliber NBA players (or 6th man types) for the next 10 years. Most years, you only end up with a handful of those types and the rest never pan out. I think this season may end up being considered one of the deepest of all time which is pretty crazy.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1645 » by EchelonNYK » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:41 am

You're starting to see who are likely day 1 starters for their teams as rookies. I'm still on the fence about Bamba, Sexton and Young. I could see all three of them coming off the bench to be honest. Feel free to add your own list

My current list looks like this:

1. Ayton
2. Knox
3. Bagley
4. Carter
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,442

Post#1646 » by NYKnickerbocker » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:48 am

damn they slobbing on willy hard this game lol, is there no other player to talk about between hornets and warriors lol

he looks good tho, more cut up
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#1647 » by Capn'O » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:55 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

I said he was a PF. That’s what I kept repeating over and over again. Didn’t whiff, but thanks. He has been good in SL a for sure, but he’s still a PF. Talent is there, jumper looks better, and his handle looks much improved. Way more comfortable on offense and the defense is definitely there.

And before someone brings up Knox, the issues are still there I called out. For what it’s worth, I spoke with two separate scouts over the last few days who had the same concerns I did. He’s worked on the handle, using length, and jumper, but he’s still raw.

That’s all the information I’m releasing here.

If people are gonna call me out when I’m not posting here anymore (or way way way less), can y’all at least quote me? Easier to respond.

I missed on this one.

The Isaac hate was misplaced. Mostly, he was a bad fit which is what KT was getting at. KP needs more rebounding next to him in the front line.

Unfortunately, the Magic have a forward conundrum with Gordon, who is also a PF imo.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#1648 » by Capn'O » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:57 am

EchelonNYK wrote:You're starting to see who are likely day 1 starters for their teams as rookies. I'm still on the fence about Bamba, Sexton and Young. I could see all three of them coming off the bench to be honest. Feel free to add your own list

My current list looks like this:

1. Ayton
2. Knox
3. Bagley
4. Carter

I get that the Clippers may be playing for something but SGA could start.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#1649 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:01 am

Sexton has the knack for keeping defenders on his hip and away from the ball on his drives
ImageImageImage
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,349

Post#1650 » by Grinditout » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:17 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:damn they slobbing on willy hard this game lol, is there no other player to talk about between hornets and warriors lol

he looks good tho, more cut up

He learned from his mistake of coming into camp out of shape last season
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1651 » by EchelonNYK » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:20 am

Where the heck has Kevin Huerter been?
Illightinati
Senior

Post#1652 » by Illightinati » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:28 am

Clyde_Style wrote:Sexton has the knack for keeping defenders on his hip and away from the ball on his drives

It's a whole sports science on him torching defenders, He attacks the knees of his defenders that it makes bigger players become off balanced and they can't react due to how low to the ground and how strong he is. Young Boy a Problem.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1653 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:35 am

Illightinati wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Sexton has the knack for keeping defenders on his hip and away from the ball on his drives

It's a whole sports science on him torching defenders, He attacks the knees of his defenders that it makes bigger players become off balanced and they can't react due to how low to the ground and how strong he is. Young Boy a Problem.

It very interesting watching his highlight clips. He may not be in the top 5-10% in the league athletically, but he displays a very mature controlled aggression that allows him to play off the physicality of others. It's very martial artistic.

He pushes hard, but not recklessly which is not particularly easy for most players. If his handle develops even more, he'll be able to mix up his pace even more and do some Steve Nash paint navigating.

He looks like a solid player. He was one of the guys I asked about pre-draft because he seemed intriguing, but almost everyone was nah. Not saying I don't love our pick, but perhaps my instincts in Sexton's case were decent.
ImageImageImage
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1654 » by HEZI » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:37 am

EchelonNYK wrote:Where the heck has Kevin Huerter been?

Broken hand before SL started
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Illightinati
Senior

Post#1655 » by Illightinati » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:55 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Illightinati wrote:

It very interesting watching his highlight clips. He may not be in the top 5-10% in the league athletically, but he displays a very mature controlled aggression that allows him to play off the physicality of others. It's very martial artistic.

He pushes hard, but not recklessly which is not particularly easy for most players. If his handle develops even more, he'll be able to mix up his pace even more and do some Steve Nash paint navigating.

He looks like a solid player. He was one of the guys I asked about pre-draft because he seemed intriguing, but almost everyone was nah. Not saying I don't love our pick, but perhaps my instincts in Sexton's case were decent.

Yeah, I didn't agreed with that at all. It was me and a few others that were ProSexton.
Some just didn't see the fit on the Knicks with A Forward being a need, Understood that approach.
Those who saying he will be a bust are highly mistaken.

People still sh*ttin on him here. They'll soon see.
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#1656 » by ny-n-md » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:00 am

Miles Bridges is looking good. Nothing special but playing well. Mikal has looked pretty pedestrian.
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#1657 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:04 am

Illightinati wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Illightinati wrote:

Yeah, I didn't agreed with that at all. It was me and a few others that were ProSexton.
Some just didn't see the fit on the Knicks with A Forward being a need, Understood that approach.

this board hates scoring PG's like sexton, DSJ, kemba, lillard, etc. even kyrie used to get a lot of hate before he won a ring. oh well
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Illightinati
Senior

Post#1658 » by Illightinati » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:21 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Illightinati wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

this board hates scoring PG's like sexton, DSJ, kemba, lillard, etc. even kyrie used to get a lot of hate before he won a ring. oh well

They seem to hate defensive ones too with the Frank hate, What this board want from a .......
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,856

Post#1659 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:38 am

Willy is balling but it’s on him for coming into last season out of shape.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1660 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:46 am

KnicksGod wrote:Willy is balling but it’s on him for coming into last season out of shape.

There was a boatload of dumb garbage said about Willy on this board

I get that people may have had a beef for him being out of shape, i.e. not wanting it or being unprofessional and perhaps that was warranted, but ............

he was always talented and had incredibly good post/pivot moves and people typically wrote him off as trash which was pure stupidity, because it was never a talent issue. It was a will and desire issue. I hope he does well
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks