Image ImageImage Image

Season expectations

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Season expectations 

Post#1 » by Butler4thewin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:12 am

I expect this years team to be the third seed. I know these are high expectations but I feel very positive of the team we have right now.

What are your expectations for this year ?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Re: Season expectations 

Post#2 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:17 am

I want to finish over .500 and make the playoffs. I think we would look very enticing to free agents if that happens. That would also likely mean that Markkanen, Dunn and LaVine all improved significantly.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#3 » by Butler4thewin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:23 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:I want to finish over .500 and make the playoffs. I think we would look very enticing to free agents if that happens. That would also likely mean that Markkanen, Dunn and LaVine all improved significantly.

I'm excited with this teams ability to shoot the 3 ball and there ability to play defense with Dunn wcj Lauri and hutch! I'm not kidding I'm so pumped for this season.......and agree that we can be very attractive to free agents next year with this young core
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,600

Post#4 » by jacoby1us » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:47 am

I believe we can grab a decent playoff seed this season.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
bigworld2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#5 » by bigworld2017 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:30 am

jacoby1us wrote:I believe we can grab a decent playoff seed this season.

I'm hoping for a 5th or 6th seed. I just want to avoid the 8th seed. I'd hate to open against Boston. I think we could hold our own against any of the other teams. We might not win our first post-tank playoff series but whoever we play is in for a tough time. We have a lot of weapons now. An abundance of shooters, especially among our big men. Good depth. Solid athleticism. I wish the season was starting just after Labor Day.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#6 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:34 am

I believe we're going to sit at around 35 wins this upcoming season.

I realise that right now people are optimistic, but we are extremely young and unless LaVine or Lauri takes an All-star jump in their games, then we are likely to go through young team issues, which usually equates to inconsistency and 4th quarter stumbles.

I'm confident about one thing, we'll be really fun to watch this season. I think this team will be extremely fun to root for, and there are plenty of prospects on the team we'll be seeing growth from throughout the season.

We'll miss out on the playoffs for one more season though.
Why so serious?
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#7 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:38 am

Don't really have "expectations", I just want the team to play hard and try to win every game. I also hope all the young players are taking big steps in their development.
DorO
Junior
And1: 201

Post#8 » by DorO » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:44 am

Very optimistic expectations could be in 33-36 win range if everything clicks from the start. But my guess would be 31 wins and 10-11th in EC. Surely it would be ecstatic to see more wins from young bulls.
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#9 » by Onibuh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:43 am

internal growth, getting more experience.
33-40 Ws - depending on health.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,440

Post#10 » by samwana » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:53 am

I don't care about wins.

What I want and expect to see:

the kids develop in a good system on both ends of the floor
the kids compete with good teamplay
vets only have a small supporting role

What I don't want to see:

Isoball and heroball with half the team watching what one guy does on the court
freezing out of better players
vets playing big roles and taking minutes from the young guys

What I expect from Hoiberg:

develop a team oriented offense and defense
pull ball stoppers
pull dumb decision making and teach why

What I expect from GarPax:

asset accumulatation
don't go for short term wins
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,002

Post#11 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:55 am

I expect to be in position to draft one of

RJ Barrett
Cam Reddish
Nasir Little
Bol Bol
Zion Williamson
Louis King

I could care less about being in the playoffs right now. Boston is getting the Kings and Grizzlies pick in this upcoming draft. Sixers have two generational talents plus Fultz who I expect to live up to his draft position as soon as next season.

We need more talent with high upside. Period.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#12 » by kodo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 am

About 30 wins.
Talent doesn’t translate to wins right away. Durant won 20 games at first. After he got Westbrook...they won 23.

I’m more interested in how our players develop. Couldn’t care less about wins.

If we win and do so in a unproductive way eg our core play like crap and Kirkpatrick wins the game ... that’s still a crap game even if it ends in a W.
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#13 » by keloms » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:54 am

Games that are a lot more enjoyable to watch than it was last year.

NecessaryEvil wrote:I expect to be in position to draft one of

RJ Barrett
Cam Reddish
Nasir Little
Bol Bol
Zion Williamson
Louis King

I could care less about being in the playoffs right now. Boston is getting the Kings and Grizzlies pick in this upcoming draft. Sixers have two generational talents plus Fultz who I expect to live up to his draft position as soon as next season.

That excuse is ridiculous. Other teams are always going to be better and adding high quality pieces so the Bulls should continue to sit and cower in the corner until it's their turn and the east is handed to them?

This isn't the local rec center basketball team where the new qualifications are that you're not able to grow facial hair. They're fine with what they got and the oldest guy on the team going into next summer will be Felicio at 27. After this season, it's time to stop kicking the can down the road and focus on adding high quality vets to the team.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#14 » by Axolotl » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:05 am

I expect to see a hard playing team that wants to win but is too young and inexperienced. The team will play entertaining basketball, and will win about 32 games.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#15 » by SHO'NUFF » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 am

All I know is this **** will be fun to watch.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#16 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:10 am

delete
NecessaryEvil
General Manager

Post#17 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:16 am

keloms wrote:Games that are a lot more enjoyable to watch than it was last year.

RJ Barrett
Cam Reddish
Nasir Little
Bol Bol
Zion Williamson
Louis King

That excuse is ridiculous. Other teams are always going to be better and adding high quality pieces so the Bulls should continue to sit and cower in the corner until it's their turn and the east is handed to them?

This isn't the local rec center basketball team where the new qualifications are that you're not able to grow facial hair. They're fine with what they got and the oldest guy on the team going into next summer will be Felicio at 27. After this season, it's time to stop kicking the can down the road and focus on adding high quality vets to the team.

It's the 2nd yr of the rebuild. Its not over. Another high lotto pick wouldn't hurt.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,622

Post#18 » by dougthonus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Where we end up this season is almost squarely on LaVine's shoulders. If LaVine has a good season, I think the team wins 40+ games. If LaVine has a bad season, then I think the team wins in the low 30s. I'd define good season in this sense as better than what he did in Minnesota in year 3. He'd score efficiently, but on higher volume.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
rodneykm
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#19 » by rodneykm » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 pm

I feel like the 6th seed is our ceiling this year, but hope for better. We've got some good young pieces on this team but still have a ways to go.
Peelboy
Starter
And1: 1,004

Post#20 » by Peelboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 pm

RJ Barrett
Cam Reddish
Nasir Little
Bol Bol
Zion Williamson
Louis King

Those Celtics picks are most likely to be along the lines of the 2 picks the Clippers had this past year. sac was 7 last year and adds Giles and Bagley. Mem gets back Conley, Gasol, adds JJJ. Honestly I think I’d rather have the 6ers unprotected MIA 2021 pick (first year of HSers in draft).

Return to Chicago Bulls