ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox" - erupts in a loss

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Re: PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox" - erupts in a loss 

Post#701 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:44 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: This was definitely me yesterday

Field of Fans
Build It & They Will Come
ImageImageImage
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Re: PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox" - erupts in a loss 

Post#702 » by alphad0gz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:52 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
alphad0gz wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:If Knox plays 32+ minutes per game, he can average 18-22 PPG

It's not rocket science

If he plays less minutes, then lower the numbers

I could be wrong about the minutes played, but I doubt I will be wrong about his production

22 ppg puts him around all time top 25 rookie scoring. You guys need to pump the brakes a bit. He has never been a consistent shooter and he will not get the calls as a rookie. 16-17 would be exceptional. 22 ppg is great for a guy playing more than 32 minutes. So much craziness going on. Summer.....League.....

The guys don’t come into the NBA shooting consistently unless they’re pure shooters and don’t do a ton more.

Goes moreso for guys who are big and skilled. Even Bron didn’t come in with a reliable J and he was only a year younger.

That's just not true at all. KAT shot well, KP shot well, Gallo, Tatum, Melo, and lots of others. It just depends on the player. Knox has range but as of now he lacks consistency. One other thing that hasn't been talked about is his almost non-existent mid range game. It is either deep jumpers or drives to the hoop.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#703 » by Phish Tank » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:44 am

Knox is getting 15ppg max. If Burke and Timmy get major minutes, everyone’s scoring will be down

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Phish Tank
RealGM

Post#704 » by Phish Tank » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:46 am

Mecca wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Mecca wrote:
see this:

Very easy to see how Knox can get 15.

trey burke is not putting up 17. and KP will be back.

8 sounds like a lot for robinson this year, especially with kanter in the fold.

if knox did 15 ppg that would be astounding.

The points have to come somewhere JVG. Can you show me where?

I won’t include KP since I don’t know if/when he comes back. Lee is also likely a goner.

Swap Mitch for Kornet and you may be more accurate. Mitch will be in the d league for a good chunk of the 1st half of the season.

If Burke and Timmy get 34, I’m guessing Knox and the remaining averages will be lower

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#705 » by Oscirus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:05 am

alphad0gz wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
alphad0gz wrote:
22 ppg puts him around all time top 25 rookie scoring. You guys need to pump the brakes a bit. He has never been a consistent shooter and he will not get the calls as a rookie. 16-17 would be exceptional. 22 ppg is great for a guy playing more than 32 minutes. So much craziness going on. Summer.....League.....

The guys don’t come into the NBA shooting consistently unless they’re pure shooters and don’t do a ton more.

Goes moreso for guys who are big and skilled. Even Bron didn’t come in with a reliable J and he was only a year younger.

That's just not true at all. KAT shot well, KP shot well, Gallo, Tatum, Melo, and lots of others. It just depends on the player. Knox has range but as of now he lacks consistency. One other thing that hasn't been talked about is his almost non-existent mid range game. It is either deep jumpers or drives to the hoop.

Just because he hasn't been using the midrange jumper doesn't mean that he doesn't have it. If anything the fact tht he's not settling for those is a strength, not a weakness.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Re: PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox 

Post#706 » by earthmansurfer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 am

Phish Tank wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
trey burke is not putting up 17. and KP will be back.

8 sounds like a lot for robinson this year, especially with kanter in the fold.

if knox did 15 ppg that would be astounding.

I won’t include KP since I don’t know if/when he comes back. Lee is also likely a goner.

Swap Mitch for Kornet and you may be more accurate. Mitch will be in the d league for a good chunk of the 1st half of the season.

If Burke and Timmy get 34, I’m guessing Knox and the remaining averages will be lower

But Mitch right now can do more on defense than Kornet probably ever can. We might really keep him around just for defensive purposes. And who knows what Mitch does with a real PG on oops and such. I know he hasn't played organized ball in the last year, up to summer league anyway, but let's not forget he was the 3rd ranked center coming out of HS.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#707 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:57 am

I don't know anymore if Knicks should put Robinson in g league. Really nobody on the roster stopping him from being on the NBA team. It's probably best to take it slow and go through the steps but it's pretty clear he was a first round talent.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#708 » by alphad0gz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:02 am

Oscirus wrote:
alphad0gz wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Just because he hasn't been using the midrange jumper doesn't mean that he doesn't have it. If anything the fact tht he's not settling for those is a strength, not a weakness.

You're just a blind supporter and you're spouting crazy stuff. Having and using a midrange jumper actually helps your game as it opens up opportunities for the other parts. It makes you more unpredictable. If guys know you're going all the way to the hoop once you put the ball on the floor, you are easier to defend. I think the guy is really good for his age and I admit that he is better than I thought, but I am not ready to anoint him the #1, a HOFer, or an all-star just yet. Can we at least wait until he is playing against real NBA teams before we start chanting "we're not worthy"....
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Re: RE: Re: PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox" - erupts in a loss 

Post#709 » by blanko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:15 am

sushibear wrote:We might have a westbrook vs kd situation with knox and kp
No because Westbrook is probably the lowest bball IQ good player in the history of the nba

Sent from my LGM-V300K using Tapatalk
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Re: RE: Re: PG: Summer League-Lakers @ knicks 8:30 PM-Knock em down Knox" - erupts in a loss 

Post#710 » by blanko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:15 am

taj2133 wrote:I know you guys hate kanter but kanter is going to help robinson on his offensive game especially in practice.
Or kill his defensive potential. No thank you

Sent from my LGM-V300K using Tapatalk
RealGM
And1: 39,217

Post#711 » by 2010 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:56 am

alphad0gz wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
alphad0gz wrote:

Completely false. He made his biggest impact shooting mid-range jumpers off curl plays and running the defender off screens with Rip Hamilton style off ball actions. Clearly this is something he already has demonstrated he can do. He is working on the other parts of his game know.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM
And1: 39,217

Post#712 » by 2010 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:01 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:I don't know anymore if Knicks should put Robinson in g league. Really nobody on the roster stopping him from being on the NBA team.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
ninjagerbil
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#713 » by ninjagerbil » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:02 pm

I think Knox will be around 14-15PPG. Because I don't see Knicks being okay to another year be in last place for threes attempted. Knox will be one of the guys who have to shoot it. Because who are the 3pt shooters? Lee, KP, Thomas, Burke...after that the percentage isn't great, and i don't think Coach will favor Hardaway taking shots over Knox.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#714 » by AllanHoustonFan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:07 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: This was definitely me yesterday

That's going to be all of us and NYC when we win a NBA finals one day :cry:
#MKGA
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#715 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Knox’s rookie season should be a modest 12.5 ppg and 5.5 rpg. Opposing NBA are not going to give this kid wide open walks to the basket. They are going to force him to take 10-12 ft jumpers from the corner. Forcing him to the corners and giving him no space to create.

Opposing teams are going to double this kid and force the ball into Frank Ntilikina’s hands.

If Frank’s jump shot commands the D, Knox’s numbers will sky rocket.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#716 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:54 pm

2010 wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:I don't know anymore if Knicks should put Robinson in g league. Really nobody on the roster stopping him from being on the NBA team.

:lol:
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
Phish Tank
RealGM

Post#717 » by Phish Tank » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:01 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
Mecca wrote:

But Mitch right now can do more on defense than Kornet probably ever can. We might really keep him around just for defensive purposes. And who knows what Mitch does with a real PG on oops and such. I know he hasn't played organized ball in the last year, up to summer league anyway, but let's not forget he was the 3rd ranked center coming out of HS.

in summer league. Mitch has more defensive upside, but he's nowhere even close to ready from a fundamental perspective.

The rankings are clearly based on potential.

His lack of fundamentals, strength, and composure at times (leading to silly fouls) are going to glue him to a bench in the NBA. You kinda saw some of that in Summer League when teams put him in P&R or just killed him in the post. Or what happens when you basically play 4v5 on offense because defenders will help off Mitch since he can't really do anything other than score off rebounds and dribble-drive penetration.

He's gonna be much better than Kornet in a year or so, but not immediately.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#718 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 pm

alphad0gz wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
alphad0gz wrote:

You're just a blind supporter and you're spouting crazy stuff. Having and using a midrange jumper actually helps your game as it opens up opportunities for the other parts. It makes you more unpredictable. If guys know you're going all the way to the hoop once you put the ball on the floor, you are easier to defend. I think the guy is really good for his age and I admit that he is better than I thought, but I am not ready to anoint him the #1, a HOFer, or an all-star just yet. Can we at least wait until he is playing against real NBA teams before we start chanting "we're not worthy"....

By same token isn't it kind of early to say he doesn't have a mid-range jumper?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#719 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

in summer league. Mitch has more defensive upside, but he's nowhere even close to ready from a fundamental perspective.

The rankings are clearly based on potential.

His lack of fundamentals, strength, and composure at times (leading to silly fouls) are going to glue him to a bench in the NBA. You kinda saw some of that in Summer League when teams put him in P&R or just killed him in the post. Or what happens when you basically play 4v5 on offense because defenders will help off Mitch since he can't really do anything other than score off rebounds and dribble-drive penetration.

He's gonna be much better than Kornet in a year or so, but not immediately.

I think some people are underestimating the jump in talent that these guys will be going against when they get to the NBA. SL are probably around 70% of players that will never be in the NBA and will either be lifetime G-Leaguers or play overseas. I'm not saying Knox and M.Rob won't be able to go to the NBA and produce on some level right away because there is no way to predict that but more then likely M.Rob will need and get time in the G-League first. His body is gonna have to get used to contact cause he hasn't played any organized basketball in 14 months and has never had the kind of contact these big men in the NBA will be putting on him. He'll be brought along slowly which is a good thing.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#720 » by taj2133 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Frank Ntilikina was drafted in one of the deepest point guard classes in recent memory, but after his rookie season, the Knicks are grooming him into more of a 2-guard (he’s been using DeMar DeRozan as a primary case study)
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/12/17562832/kevin-knox-knicks-summer-league

Return to New York Knicks