ImageImageImageImageImage

BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued)- Announcement on page 98

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Re: RE: Re: BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued) 

Post#761 » by Jose7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 pm

SOUL wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
swisscheeseD wrote:
Love that roster.
If I'm not mistaken that was done by the real halfionshop winner prior to SOUL taking oveR

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app

Yep, I only added James Johnson + some bench pieces. I didn't want to tinker with it too much because I like how it's set up.

Regardless...

make sure you kill what I startedbruh.

kyrie and mitchell better get a chip and I want a plug when you win it all. :lol: :lol:
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Re: BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued) 

Post#762 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:36 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:you sound like me when i defended melo when he made the all star team last year :lol: oh boy you in for a rude awakening next season

if the sims stats are based off of last year (which they are) the absolute earliest I will be in for a rude awakening will be the following year...

i believe we doin in season updates

i remember bish saying that a majority of the player improvement will happen from the first update which will be from the previous season.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#763 » by Jose7 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Damn didn't realize SOUL added JJ. two of the best passing big men in JJ and Al Horford. I'll be watching from the stands.

BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#764 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:43 pm

IF MPH did not hate Knox so much pre draft he could had him to.... :o :o
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#765 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:45 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:IF MPH did not hate Knox so much pre draft he could had him to.... :o :o

hate would be a strong word...pretty meh on him from his college days...but yes so far in summer league Knox at 7 could have been my pick (but he went 15 so its not like people were banging down his door - you even picked troy brown over him) - now troy brown has been really good but has he been knox good :o :o :o . Not writing MPjr off just yet but yes Knox with AD and Jaylen brown and lonnie walker would have a been a really nice core...

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#766 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:59 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:IF MPH did not hate Knox so much pre draft he could had him to.... :o :o

hate would be a strong word...pretty meh on him from his college days...but yes so far in summer league Knox at 7 could have been my pick (but he went 15 so its not like people were banging down his door - you even picked troy brown over him) - now troy brown has been really good but has he been knox good :o :o :o . Not writing MPjr off just yet but yes Knox with AD and Jaylen brown and lonnie walker would have a been a really nice core...

You hated the dude and its obvious. You picked Broke Back Jr over him. When you did not even want MPJ on the Knicks :noway:

Also I did not pick Troy Brown "over" him. I HAVE TWO HIGH-LEVEL WINGS ALREADY And Just Picked Bagley. Why pick Knox. Troy Brown Jr is BALLING in summer league if dont know.I need a back up play for Fultz and Brown Jr is that answer. Trust me. If I never already had Ingram and Middleton, I would have Picked Easily. I was a Knox supporter for a min my dude and was getting in wars defending him pre draft. Even you was commenting to me and showing shade when I showed Knox love. I remember everything. You were more than Meh on him. You wanted NO PARTS OF HIM ON THE KNICKS IN ANY FORM.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#767 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

You hated the dude and its obvious. You picked Broke Back Jr over him. When you did not even want MPJ on the Knicks :noway:

Also I did not pick Troy Brown "over" him. I HAVE TWO HIGH-LEVEL WINGS ALREADY And Just Picked Bagley. Why pick Knox. Troy Brown Jr is BALLING in summer league if dont know.I need a back up play for Fultz and Brown Jr is that answer. Trust me. If I never already had Ingram and Middleton, I would have Picked Easily. I was a Knox supporter for a min my dude and was getting in wars defending him pre draft. Even you was commenting to me and showing shade when I showed Knox love. I remember everything. You were more than Meh on him. You wanted NO PARTS OF HIM ON THE KNICKS IN ANY FORM.

this is a SIM so I was shooting my shot with MPjr at the time as the highest boom or bust pick.

As far as real life...I wanted no parts of him because I wanted Mikal and he was on the board. Which I believe if you had the choice you were going Mikal over Knox as well. You just had Knox as a close second...but if you were picking would you have made that call too? I had MY choice...and my choice was on the board. I can't have like 10 choices...if my main choice was on the board.

To be fair to all of us...none of us saw those workouts that sold the knicks on Knox...so I can't hate on anyone because a lot of us had Mikal over Knox and I don't know why many people would have seen it differently if you compared there seasons last year. It does seem like workouts are becoming more and more important in the pre-draft process though.

And we do have to also realize this is summer league, guys careers aren't made or broken by summer league.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,386

Post#768 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Fred van fleek headed on a plane to Cleveland
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#769 » by El Poochio » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 pm

Adrian Wajinarowski ✔
@wojespn
New Orleans Pelicans have agreed in principle with Hoe Fagner for $1.7 per hour, league sources tell ESPN.

9:45 AM - Jul 12, 2018
889 204 people are talking about this

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#770 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:12 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Fred van fleek headed on a plane to Charlotte

fixed
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
El Poochio

Post#771 » by El Poochio » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:14 pm

LIMITED TIME OFFER UNLEASH YOUR LINSANITY ATTRACT ASIANS ALL AROUND THE WORLD FOR FREE

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,386

Post#772 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:17 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Fred van fleek headed on a plane to Charlotte

fixed

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
El Poochio

Post#773 » by El Poochio » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Greenie where you at shave me off 12 bucks I will shave you Iggy Pop clamping up Klay in playoffs

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#774 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:28 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

this is a SIM so I was shooting my shot with MPjr at the time as the highest boom or bust pick.

As far as real life...I wanted no parts of him because I wanted Mikal and he was on the board. Which I believe if you had the choice you were going Mikal over Knox as well. You just had Knox as a close second...but if you were picking would you have made that call too? I had MY choice...and my choice was on the board. I can't have like 10 choices...if my main choice was on the board.

To be fair to all of us...none of us saw those workouts that sold the knicks on Knox...so I can't hate on anyone because a lot of us had Mikal over Knox and I don't know why many people would have seen it differently if you compared there seasons last year. It does seem like workouts are becoming more and more important in the pre-draft process though.

And we do have to also realize this is summer league, guys careers aren't made or broken by summer league.

My dude stop using me and everyone else as crutches for the fact you was SUPER sour on Knox.

You can have 3 choices and pretty much like the all equally to me. You think Melo really had much difference with Tatum or DSJ last year? By the time the draft came, I was not even pushing Mikal anymore like early in the season cause I would have been fine with either one and I told you that a million times.

After Last year with Frank, I said mad time in the draft thread I won't be locked in on one player over the other why? CAUSE I HAVE NO CONTROL. Knox was not as close second, he damn near was equal to Mikal to me. Its the reason why I DEFENDED him. He was not a fall back player. He was a player I would have loved to have.

Mecca
Melo

Will all confirm I was Team Knox well before the draft.

Im the one who said well befor ethe draft MPJ is the POOR MANS KNOX. People thought I was bugging.

The fact of the matter is YOU passed on Knox cause you did NOT LIKE HIM.

I LIKED HIM. Get yo Facts straight.
El Poochio

Post#775 » by El Poochio » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:36 pm

I remember Ill talking highly of Knox and Steve Mills Scott Perry immediately logging in to vote for him

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#776 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:37 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

My dude stop using me and everyone else as crutches for the fact you was SUPER sour on Knox.

You can have 3 choices and pretty much like the all equally to me. You think Melo really had much difference with Tatum or DSJ last year? By the time the draft came, I was not even pushing Mikal anymore like early in the season cause I would have been fine with either one and I told you that a million times.

After Last year with Frank, I said mad time in the draft thread I won't be locked in on one player over the other why? CAUSE I HAVE NO CONTROL. Knox was not as close second, he damn near was equal to Mikal to me. Its the reason why I DEFENDED him. He was not a fall back player. He was a player I would have loved to have.

Mecca
Melo

Will all confirm I was Team Knox well before the draft.

Im the one who said well befor ethe draft MPJ is the POOR MANS KNOX. People thought I was bugging.

The fact of the matter is YOU passed on Knox cause you did NOT LIKE HIM.

I LIKED HIM. Get yo Facts straight.

I never said you didn't like him. And I know you were much higher than him then me. So I don't know what facts I need to get straight. Its this simple I don't come from the mindset where if Mikal and Knox were on the board you are cool with either. If Knox ended up being your choice then so be it. But we weren't allowed 2 picks...we had to make ONE pick. So I don't believe you can like 3 players equally...I think you can like multiple players but ultimately you have to have a favorite if all the players are on the board.

For example if Mikal turns out to be a bum and Knox is really good and you were high on both can you pump your chest for knox and take a hit for Mikal at the same time? I don't get that personally. I get you aren't making the selection but I also don't agree with having like 5 guys you are ok with because I kinda leaves you up to no scrutiny. There has to be someone you had over the next guy at least IMO because this is Realgm aren't we suppose to imply what we would do if we were in that position?

Now we both were heavily against porter which I agreed with you with so I get that. You were just higher on knox then me and I will give you props for that because its looking like a nice pick for us.

ROSTER

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,329

Post#777 » by NewEra » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:38 pm

Rolo and Dedmon are two solid bigs out there. I may have to get one of them on the cheap.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#778 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:40 pm

NewEra wrote:Rolo and Dedmon are two solid bigs out there. I may have to get one of them on the cheap.

No u wont

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,329

Post#779 » by NewEra » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:41 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
NewEra wrote:Rolo and Dedmon are two solid bigs out there. I may have to get one of them on the cheap.

No u wont

Lol how u figure?
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued) 

Post#780 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:44 pm

NewEra wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

No u wont

Lol how u figure?
They won't be cheap actually dedmon will be cheap but not rolo

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Return to New York Knicks