ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1221 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:43 am

Danny Ainge is grimy as ****. They did this same behavior with Thomas. No wonder Irving has one foot out of the door. He knows that they don't care about him or anyone else on that team.

I really don't understand why we should engage in a sign and trade with Boston for Smart. Sounds like a scam. either Smart signs outright for whatever cap room we have or he goes elsewhere to **** off.

no assets should be spent here. if Marks does a sign and trade I will be pissed. No. Hell no.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#1222 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Danny Ainge is grimy as ****. They did this same behavior with Thomas. No wonder Irving has one foot out of the door. He knows that they don't care about him or anyone else on that team.

I really don't understand why we should engage in a sign and trade with Boston for Smart. Sounds like a scam. either Smart signs outright for whatever cap room we have or he goes elsewhere to **** off.

no assets should be spent here. if Marks does a sign and trade I will be pissed. No. Hell no.

Could be something where Smart and Melo come here, Crabbe to OKC, Lin to BOS.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1223 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:55 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Danny Ainge is grimy as ****. They did this same behavior with Thomas. No wonder Irving has one foot out of the door. He knows that they don't care about him or anyone else on that team.

How does that work though? we would need to know Smart's 18-19 cap number first.

also, OKC absorbing Crabbe doesn't help with their luxury tax problem.

OKC knows damn well that they are most likely a 2nd rd knockout. i wouldn't pay that tax if i was the owner of that team.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1224 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 am

Can we S&T for Smart on a 1 year deal? I'm guessing not.

I don't buy the Lin for Melo talk. OKC doesn't just give up assets. And they can't attach a 1st to him. They're not taking on money.

The only way I can see if happening is if we find a 3rd team to take on Crabbe. We'd have to be DESPERATE to get rid of him which would be strange to say the least. Possible but strange.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#1225 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:04 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Can we S&T for Smart on a 1 year deal? I'm guessing not.

I don't buy the Lin for Melo talk. OKC doesn't just give up assets. And they can't attach a 1st to him. They're not taking on money.

The only way I can see if happening is if we find a 3rd team to take on Crabbe. We'd have to be DESPERATE to get rid of him which would be strange to say the least. Possible but strange.

Wouldn't even need a 3rd team. Crabbe for Melo would probably work, might have to throw in Whitehead.

I don't see what's desperate with all caps? Maybe we're just looking to make a serious run at 2019 free agency and tank? Or after moving Crabbe they sign Smart to a reasonable deal, like 3/35?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1226 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:26 pm

Relax. It's all just a terrible negotiating tactic by Smart's agent to drum up interest in his client. There's no real proof that you guys are even interested in him. Here are the facts - you guys don't have the cap space to sign him to an offer sheet that the Celtics wouldn't match, and there is nothing on your roster that would entice the Celtics to even partake in a sign and trade. Nothing to see here.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1227 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:01 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:

Relax. It's all just a terrible negotiating tactic by Smart's agent to drum up interest in his client. There's no real proof that you guys are even interested in him. Here are the facts - you guys don't have the cap space to sign him to an offer sheet that the Celtics wouldn't match, and there is nothing on your roster that would entice the Celtics to even partake in a sign and trade. Nothing to see here.

The Nets GM met with both Smart and his agent this week. But yeah, no interest I'm sure.

Not that I want the Nets to sign him or anything, but just saying.

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#1228 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

The Nets GM met with both Smart and his agent this week. But yeah, no interest I'm sure.

Yes. In the upper bowl of the gym. I'm sure Smart was blown away by Marks' pitch while they chatted in the nosebleeds. Look, if the Nets were serious, an offer sheet would have been signed by now, but again, nothing will happen. The Celtics will match whatever you sign him to and there is nothing that would interest Ainge in doing a sign and trade. Walters did not think this through when he turned down Ainge's offer back in October.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1229 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Yes. In the upper bowl of the gym. I'm sure Smart was blown away by Marks' pitch while they chatted in the nosebleeds. Look, if the Nets were serious, an offer sheet would have been signed by now, but again, nothing will happen. The Celtics will match whatever you sign him to and there is nothing that would interest Ainge in doing a sign and trade. Walters did not think this through when he turned down Ainge's offer back in October.

Yes, because you were privy to their conversation so you know everything.

Either way, I could care less about signing and trading for him or him being here.

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#1230 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Yes, because you were privy to their conversation so you know everything.

Either way, I could care less about signing and trading for him or him being here.

Again, you have nothing to worry about, which is what I was trying to tell you in the first place. So relax.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1231 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:56 pm

he is restricted, part of a sign and trade is typically a small asset to gaurantee they wont match

giving up a future second for smart wouldnt be an issue
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1232 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

How does that work though? we would need to know Smart's 18-19 cap number first.

also, OKC absorbing Crabbe doesn't help with their luxury tax problem.

OKC knows damn well that they are most likely a 2nd rd knockout. i wouldn't pay that tax if i was the owner of that team.

Crabbe makes 10 million less then carmello. that may not get them under the tax but saves them like 14-18 million in real money
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1233 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:59 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Can we S&T for Smart on a 1 year deal? I'm guessing not.

moving crabbe clears 18 million off our 2019 cap. i think there is a motivation there, especially with harris proving he is basically the same player as crabbe.

Boston can sign Smart to a 1 year deal on the qualifying offer. although i dont think smart would do that
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1234 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Of course there are things that would interest ainge. stop being so obtuse
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1235 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 pm

shakendfries wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Whoa...
Read on Twitter

Makes sense for all sides, especially if we can snag a 1st or Ferguson out of the deal.

Trade Lin + buyout Melo + draft pick + cap space = win

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

yeah,... this would be an optimal use of our 10-11 million in cap space. Melo never touches foot in barclays after a buyout, Lin wasnt going to have a role anyhow, and we add a pick or fergeson

awesome
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1236 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:04 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:we can't make this deal without someone absorbing crabbe or carroll's contract.

Line makes 13 million
we have 10.8 million in cap space

thats like 24 million

carmello makes 27 million

thats with 125%

trade works i believe. if not, something like whitehead makes the difference
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas II 

Post#1237 » by Paradise » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Rodi is officially signed.

Read on Twitter
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#1238 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Name one. I'll wait. Chances are good that Mark's wouldn't give up whoever you name in a sign-and-trade anyways.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1239 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Name one. I'll wait. Chances are good that Mark's wouldn't give up whoever you name in a sign-and-trade anyways.

Nets 1st rounder in 2019,2020,2021,2022,2023
Jarret Allen
Caris Levert
Rondae Hollis Jefferson
Allen Crabbe
11 million in cap space to take on a dump from ainge

im sure those are useless assets marks would want no part of
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#1240 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Of course there are things that would interest ainge. stop being so obtuse

Nets 1st rounder in 2019,2020,2021,2022,2023
Jarret Allen
Caris Levert
Rondae Hollis Jefferson
Allen Crabbe
11 million in cap space to take on a dump from ainge

im sure those are useless assets marks would want no part of

Ainge wants nothing to do with Crabbe at his salary. That makes the Celtics taxpayers this season.
Pretty sure that the Nets giving up picks to the Celtics won't happen anytime soon.
Allen, Lavert and RHJ are all guys who Marks isn't going to give up anyhow.
The TPE for $11 million? Again, at that price, Ainge would just keep Smart.

Again, nothing is happening. Sorry.

Return to Brooklyn Nets