Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Re: 2018 Offseason Thread 

Post#2201 » by Pillendreher » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:22 am

getrichordie wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Osirus89 wrote:I'm struggling to see how a Jeremy lin and Carmelo trade would work. Brooklyn doesn't have the space to do the trade straight up and adding Carroll or Crabbe doesn't save us any money whatsoever.

It would save money over the next two years. It would allow them to get completely out of the tax after this season. If they stretch Melo they will still be in the tax for two more years. How much it saves them depends on how deep they think they will be in the tax the next two years, while they would still have $9M of Melo on the books. I don't think it can result in a net savings, but it could reduce the bill the next two years enough that they feel it is worth it to "go for it" this year and then try to resign Lin and Carroll cheaper in the off-season or find a MLE guy to replace one of them and keep the other.

You don't think Presti would stretch Lin?

When did this franchise start acting like stretching players is the most normal thing in the world?
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

Post#2202 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:58 am

I heard CJ McCollum being interviewed by gottlieb yesterday. He was talking about Kevin Knox being the surprise of the draft. CJ said that Kentucky has so much talent that guys can get undervalued. I think there is SOME truth to that.Looking at SGA in summer league, that seems to be the case with him too. Really hoping Diallo is the third piece to that story.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,947

Post#2203 » by slick_watts » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
B) 80% of Lin is still a playable guy. And if presti makes that trade he obviously feels Lin can still play.

He'll be 30 in August and coming off a major injury. 80% of him might be optimistic.

Also, what happened to him the year before? I see he only played 36 games total in 16-17 prior to the 1 game played last year. This dude is losing tread off the tires at a rapid pace.

lin has had hamstring issues for years and that's what he missed time for in 16-17, and the knee he tore the patellar tendon on he has had ligament and meniscus surgery on before.

reading lin's rehab reports is actually interesting because we get almost nothing on roberson. lin might be worse since he's had other leg problems, but he pretty much has said he has to learn how to run again.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2204 » by slick_watts » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:56 pm

bondom34 wrote:I don't care about a player's TS

:wink:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#2205 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Not sure what that's about but ok. Not sure who thinks indoviy scoring efficiency is equal to offensive impact but it's foolish of someone to do
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#2206 » by Old Man Game » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:51 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
B) 80% of Lin is still a playable guy. And if presti makes that trade he obviously feels Lin can still play.

He'll be 30 in August and coming off a major injury. 80% of him might be optimistic.

Also, what happened to him the year before? I see he only played 36 games total in 16-17 prior to the 1 game played last year. This dude is losing tread off the tires at a rapid pace.

lin has had hamstring issues for years and that's what he missed time for in 16-17, and the knee he tore the patellar tendon on he has had ligament and meniscus surgery on before.

reading lin's rehab reports is actually interesting because we get almost nothing on roberson. lin might be worse since he's had other leg problems, but he pretty much has said he has to learn how to run again.

Oh ****
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#2207 » by Pillendreher » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:26 pm

I think I'm gonna have to change my username now.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#2208 » by Pillendreher » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:21 pm

retrobro90 wrote:I wasn't talking about additional deals. I proposed Melo, Singler, Ferg, SRP for Lin, Carroll as a one shot deal that takes 8mil off our payroll altogether.

My apologies. Doing your trade would save the team 34 million in tax this season.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,073

Post#2209 » by Patches Perry » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:35 pm

Given that Lin and Roberson suffered the same injury, if Presti is seeking Lin to actually play a role on the team then I think that speaks well of Roberson's recovery if nothing else. I can't imagine Presti seeking Lin if Roberson was really have issues with the same injury.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Offseason Thread 

Post#2210 » by Pillendreher » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Patches Perry wrote:Given that Lin and Roberson suffered the same injury, if Presti is seeking Lin to actually play a role on the team then I think that speaks well of Roberson's recovery if nothing else. I can't imagine Presti seeking Lin if Roberson was really have issues with the same injury.
Like I said yesterday: He could seek him purely as a salary dump move.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using RealGM mobile app
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#2211 » by NY 567 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Lin is an average tier starter, top tier backup capable of playing both guard spots. He averaged 21/7 per 36 the year before he got hurt on above average efficiency, if you get him in that form, then that's a hell of a steal. He's coming off a bad injury, but he has second to none work ethic, if he can possibly come back at 100%, he likely will. I like the deal for you guys, and he'd make what already looks to be a fun team on paper even more fun.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#2212 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:54 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:Given that Lin and Roberson suffered the same injury, if Presti is seeking Lin to actually play a role on the team then I think that speaks well of Roberson's recovery if nothing else. I can't imagine Presti seeking Lin if Roberson was really have issues with the same injury.

If so then there's a player in Brooklyn he's targeting, otherwise it makes no sense when you'd have to take back other salary as well.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#2213 » by NetsWorld » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Got a feeling Presti is going for something bigger. The fact that Donovan said they were not done making roster moves and Presti being reported active the other day, makes me think they may try and go after Love or even Leonard. If they can get Love, great, if not, I am fine with another 3 and D type player. I see OKC being far more competitive this year than last year.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2214 » by slick_watts » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 pm

NY 567 wrote:Lin is an average tier starter, top tier backup capable of playing both guard spots. He averaged 21/7 per 36 the year before he got hurt on above average efficiency, if you get him in that form, then that's a hell of a steal. He's coming off a bad injury, but he has second to none work ethic, if he can possibly come back at 100%, he likely will. I like the deal for you guys, and he'd make what already looks to be a fun team on paper even more fun.

Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#2215 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 pm

How do people think Milos Teodosic and Kyler Korver would fair on this squad?
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#2216 » by NetsWorld » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Balkman32 wrote:How do people think Milos Teodosic and Kyler Korver would fair on this squad?

Milos I hear is a great passer, Korver would help us immensely behind the three point line.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,073

Post#2217 » by Patches Perry » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:40 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:

If so then there's a player in Brooklyn he's targeting, otherwise it makes no sense when you'd have to take back other salary as well.

Yeah that's how I see it, although the only player that makes sense is Allen Crabbe or Timofey Mozgov since they have contracts through 2019-2020. Crabbe would make sense with Brewer gone, but again this doesn't help their financial situation at all. It depends on whether their end game is saving money or filling the roster, or some unicorn combination of both.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2218 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:17 pm

OKCThunder wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:How do people think Milos Teodosic and Kyler Korver would fair on this squad?

Milos I hear is a great passer, Korver would help us immensely behind the three point line.

I'd like Milos, but I'm assuming he'd go back to Europe before coming to play in OKC.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#2219 » by Pillendreher » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Patches Perry wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:Like I said yesterday: He could seek him purely as a salary dump move.

Yeah that's how I see it, although the only player that makes sense is Allen Crabbe or Timofey Mozgov since they have contracts through 2019-2020. Crabbe would make sense with Brewer gone, but again this doesn't help their financial situation at all. It depends on whether their end game is saving money or filling the roster, or some unicorn combination of both.

RHJ.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2220 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:If so then there's a player in Brooklyn he's targeting, otherwise it makes no sense when you'd have to take back other salary as well.

RHJ.

That makes too damn much sense. I hate you a little bit.

Fortunately that still doesn't work financially.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder